Sign in to follow this  
sparkart

[SW] Evolution of the X-Wing or reboot version?

Originally, I set out to make an Advent calendar sized version of the Episode VII X-Wing. That failed effort turned into this. I guess this could be an evolved iteration of the X-Wing for Episode X, but I am set on the idea that this model is actually the McQuarrie-esque version of the X-Wing for the inevitable Star Wars series reboot.

17979734744_a77002af8c.jpg

Star Wars Episode IV, V, & VI (rebooted) X-Wing by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

18575996926_37c669536a.jpg

Star Wars Episode IV, V, & VI (rebooted) X-Wing by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Edited by sparkart

Very cool! But maybe a little too much "droopy" and not enough "swooshy". Other than that, an awesome merger of the McQuarrie design and the Force Awakens design.

Thanks for checking it out, guys. I've revised the model a bit, but didn't get rid of any droopiness. It's been sitting on my display shelf for a few days, and I have to admit, it's not getting less weird. It still strikes me, too, as a little strange, a little outrageous even, like something from an anime. But I'm going to keep it this way, in the spirit of "acquiring a taste".

Ironically, the extreme droop came about from wanting more swooshability. I wanted the nose to droop a little, but to put two clips to hold it more securely, the droop becaume extreme. I kinda liked it, kinda hated it. Weird, I know.

I read somewhere that a car designer once said that he tried to design ugly cars, then dial it back a little from hideous-level. He said that it had to be done that way, because all the classically beautiful body lines have already been done in automotive design. I'm not sure I agree 100%, but I can see his point in challenging the conventional.

I actually like it! It looks like a more bird-like version, more sleek, yet not as tough, maybe some sort of scout ship?