Sign in to follow this  
El Wray

Hello!

Hi!

New guy here from Canada.

I have 3 very young nephews and as a result I've been visiting the local toy store a lot for birthdays and Christmas gifts. A few weeks ago I went and stumbled upon Lego mini-figures. I bought a few of them and when I got home and unwrapped them the nostalgia hit me really hard. I started watching YouTube videos about Lego creations and checking eBay, local stores and the internet as a whole for rare and collectible sets of Lego's. I couldn't believe how many there were right now.

I remember being 12 years old and browsing through my Lego club magazine, drooling over all the nice sets I couldn't afford. Now at 27 with a stable source of income, I can BUY EVERYTHING I WANT :)

I also found an independently-run store in my town called ''Briques'' that has a HUGE inventory of old and new Lego sets, mini-figures and single pieces. I bought the ''Back to the Future'' set with the DeLorean and the two mini-figures, couldn't be happier. I will be buying many more, the bug is back!

I really enjoy older movie themed Lego sets. The Star Wars series of course being a main focus, used to love the episode 1 sets. If you guys know of any other collectible movie themed lego sets please let me know.

See you around!

Edited by El Wray

Welcome back out of your so called Dark Ages! I love to read the stories of how people got back into Lego. Older movie/series themes include Ghost Busters, Indiana Jones and the upcoming Doctor Who.

Have fun here on Eurobricks :classic: