The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

Just watched Torchwood, about to watch Dr Who, I really found the whole concept very interesting and it was really enjoyable to watch.

However,

I really don't like the fact that there will be another Harkness-like immortal, indicating Torchwood USA?

:sick:

I really don't like the fact that there will be another Harkness-like immortal, indicating Torchwood USA?

:sick:

Yeah I haven't seen the last episode yet but I guessed something like this would happen, most probably for a Torchwood US base to be set up. Jack is immortal because the Bad Wold erased all his deaths so how is the other one immortal? And how was Jack rendered mortal, something more powerful than the Bad Wolf??

So THE GOD COMPLEX anyone?

It's probably in my top 3 of this series. (Doctor's wife, The girl who waited and this) A very written, shot and creepy episode. Matt smith plays the 'self hating' aspect of the doctor much better than Tennant did.

Matt smith plays the 'self hating' aspect of the doctor much better than Tennant did.

Agreed :thumbup:.

I wonder what was in his room?

Oh and a nice not to the Horns Of The Nemon in there.

Cybermen next week (again :sceptic:).

What do you mean again? And I told you we'd have them this season :laugh:

The idea of the episode was very clever and I think they made it very good.

I'm more excited that Craig is back :excited:

What do you mean again? And I told you we'd have them this season :laugh:

I mean that as much as I like the cybermen (even more than the Daleks) they need a break.

I was really enjoying Closing Time until the last 10 minutes or so where the episode ends with another 'power of love' with seems to have been used a lot this series. I am annoyed that the interesting idea of crashed Cybermen trying to survive is revealed and beaten in one scene without any real resolution in a filler episode.

Ideally Craig would have been cyberman'd and 11 escapes with the baby, give him to his mother and leaves upset that he's ruined another life (It'll be a nice parallel to last weeks) I hope next week is the last we see of River for a while as well, there was just Sooo much of her this series and while I like her, her story is pretty much done and I'm bored of her.

Ideally Craig would have been cyberman'd and 11 escapes with the baby, give him to his mother and leaves upset that he's ruined another life (It'll be a nice parallel to last weeks)

That's exactly what I thought would happen, the whole series, and Smith's whole run, has shown how the Doctor ruins peoples lives and how he has to live with that (No.. show me someone I like..).

So is he going to die in the 2 part season finale or not do you guys think?

The cybermen episode was pretty good I think,

I would have preferred if it was little River who kills the Doctor though..

Edited by ceroknight

Matt smith is filming the xmas episode and is contracted for series 7 due to begin filming next march. that pretty much gives the game away. however, that isn't to say a doctor won't die....

I thought the latest episode was poor. The Cybermen were under-utilised and surely someone else by now over the years would have experienced emotions sufficiently strong to stop the conversion. Come-on if someone's about to wipe your brain and weld a metal suit onto your skin you'd be rather scared! What a cop-out filler episode. About the only good thing was the 'cyber-rat'.

As for next week I wonder if the 'doctor' that dies is actually river-song. Did she get a doctorate at the end of the episode this week? As already pointed out the Xmas specials mean next week won't be the last voyage of the tardis with this particular doctor.

I was more than unimpressed with the episode. Cyber-rat things were cool but everything else was a cop out. Cybermen also need a re design for next time.

I think I heard the TARDIS, perhaps he was somewhat afraid of its potential ability to destroy the universe (or at least damage it) if something goes wrong?

I was really enjoying Closing Time until the last 10 minutes or so where the episode ends with another 'power of love' with seems to have been used a lot this series. I am annoyed that the interesting idea of crashed Cybermen trying to survive is revealed and beaten in one scene without any real resolution in a filler episode.

Ideally Craig would have been cyberman'd and 11 escapes with the baby, give him to his mother and leaves upset that he's ruined another life (It'll be a nice parallel to last weeks) I hope next week is the last we see of River for a while as well, there was just Sooo much of her this series and while I like her, her story is pretty much done and I'm bored of her.

Well when an entire series is focusing on the main character dieing, and there have been hints in a previous series as to who killed him, which is later confirmed, the killer tends to get a lot of attention in the show.

So is he going to die in the 2 part season finale or not do you guys think?

The cybermen episode was pretty good I think,

I would have preferred if it was little River who kills the Doctor though..

My guess is the Doctor will figure out some way to un-mind-control River, and together they destroy the Silence. Also at some point the Doctor and Amy and Rory start traveling again (In closing time, I thought it was kinda odd having Amy doing some perfume or whatever that was, doesn't really seem right somehow).

Well, that episode was ok. I guess I enjoyed it, but lets just say I fast forwarded a bit.

I am more concerned that now I am going to have to take the long way around to get to the Toy Department in Howell's as my mate will now never ever enter that lift ever again :hmpf_bad:. Yeah, I go to get Lego from that Toy Department. :laugh: That bit was my Mum's favourite.

I am more concerned that now I am going to have to take the long way around to get to the Toy Department in Howell's as my mate will now never ever enter that lift ever again :hmpf_bad:. Yeah, I go to get Lego from that Toy Department. :laugh: That bit was my Mum's favourite.

Of cause. It's bound to be somone's local department store and not a studio, I never thought of that :laugh:, Have a look in the end changing room if you go again

:laugh:.

Of cause. It's bound to be somone's local department store and not a studio, I never thought of that :laugh:, Have a look in the end changing room if you go again

:laugh:.

It's House of Fraser in Cardiff, has been used often (right from Rose). It's funny seeing familiar places. The best bit was after Blink, the ending shots were all of statues in the city. Next time we went down, I freaked out my sister's friend by claiming the statues were moving. :laugh:

Yeah, the power of love is really pathetic, Craig should have become converted. I can't help but feel that Cybermen don't get much respect, they are only a real threat in Pete's world, possibly because there is no sign of the Doctor. Even in Doomsday the Daleks quickly extreminate them. And in a Good Man goes to war a whole fleet gets destroyed for no reason. I think that the Cybermen should be regarded as the most terrifying race in Doctor Who, as they are the Doctor's favorite race in a twisted form. They are the Borg, but without cube-ships. And worse, the Cybermen of Pete's World were not the result of an alien experiment, the humans there did it to themselves, and their fellow men. They are Tolcrafe, only they didn't do so to survive the end of the universe. And they don't even have the greed, pride, and hate of humanity. With all of this, not to mention most of their hosts are unwilling(at least in Pete's World) they could be a great villian race in Doctor Who. The Daleks will kill, but the Cybermen will twist you into their own evil image.

Also, Stormeggedon amuses me.

I'm a huge Doctor Who geek. Actually, my brother and I have been doing a bunch of MOCs based off stuff from the series.

Can't wait to see them! :sweet:

Just a heads up, but the last 3 episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures are airing beginning either 'Sky' on the 3rd/4th.

I knew it was going to be the robot dudes when I saw them appear in the 'Previously on...' trailer.

Other thoughts:

= I loved the alt reality and the reveal that the doc and churchill were fighting loads of silents.

= No more River Song please.

= Alt rory is amazing "We got married and had a kid and that's her." "Okay."

= The kid's episode was pretty cool.

= The question of 'Doctor Who?' seems kind of lame I guess?

= I loved the Cave of Skulls and LIVE CHESS.

The Brig tribute and the realisation that time has caught up with him was a wonderful moment and probably one of my favorite scenes.

Agree with everything what Simonjedi said, except one thing.

Dr Who? is such a clever question! Hopefully we will get to know his name soon.. :look:

Great finale! Hated the new hair style though...

Edited by ceroknight

* I knew it was going to be the robot dudes when I saw them appear in the 'Previously on...' trailer.

* I loved the alt reality and the reveal that the doc and churchill were fighting loads of silents.

* The Brig tribute and the realisation that time has caught up with him was a wonderful moment and probably one of my favorite scenes.

* As soon as they appeared I thought about how the Doc could use one of them to escape death, I've being planing his escape all series.

* That was so good, "can you smell gunpowder, we appear to be defending ourselves", that was a great moment.

* It was a good idea and a way of finalising Nicolas and the Brigs time in DW, but the Doc can always go back in time to see him if he wants.

Also this was one of the least contrived and cleaver season finales of all of them it needed brains to solve not, the heart of the TARDIS, The Infinite Void, The peoples of The Earth chanting, a Giant Magic Healing GateTM, or a Second Big Bang.

* It was a good idea and a way of finalising Nicolas and the Brigs time in DW, but the Doc can always go back in time to see him if he wants.

He can't hearing about the brigs death is part of his own personal timeline. He can't go back if they say he never went back.

Also this was one of the least contrived and cleaver season finales of all of them it needed brains to solve not, the heart of the TARDIS, The Infinite Void, The peoples of The Earth chanting, a Giant Magic Healing GateTM, or a Second Big Bang.

Did you accidentally forget 'Journey's end' or did you mentally block it out?