msx80

[Software] Bluerender, a rendering engine for LDD

Looks like “PseudoNeon” adds 180° on the hue (yellow and blue are opposite on the HSB disc), no?

Does it matter? :sweet:

I named it like that just because I feel like something similar to that from the image, that's all...I could very easily named it "LeonidsGarageSewMachine" and it would have the same effect on the output image, that is: none. :grin:

Edited by bublible

Hey, guys, I have another good news for you: LOGO-ON-STUDS are on the way (and once again with user option in .sc to switch them off if one wants to, of course)...stay tuned :wink::thumbup:

Edited by bublible

High!

This is a fantastic tool! Very fast!

I created an animation with it:

The program generate it about 5 hours. 120 picture in 2048x1536 resolution.

Processor is an Intel CoreI7/3.4 GHz. RAM: 8GB.

I created the gif file with Gimp.

Thank You!

http://bricksafe.com/files/Longeye/bricktown-railway-station/bricktown2.gif

Edited by LuxorV
Image too big and heavy. Turned into link.

High!

This is a fantastic tool! Very fast!

I created an animation with it:

The program generate it about 5 hours. 120 picture in 2048x1536 resolution.

Processor is an Intel CoreI7/3.4 GHz. RAM: 8GB.

I created the gif file with Gimp.

Thank You!

No problem - being glad you like it...and if you wait few days more there will even be LogoOnStuds and SlopeGrain, stay tuned! :wink::thumbup:

BTW did you noticed/tried this? http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114649

Edited by bublible

Today, just as I was working on some stuff around the SF I accidentally come across visual effects I can make with different tweaked settings :laugh: , so here I am presenting now my latest SF achievement "Image FX" (if you think you can find any use for it :grin: )

// you can click image for FullHD resolution

More here:

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=114649

How did you make the terrain? Is it a heightfield?

Is the starry background part of the scene, or did you just add it in GIMP?

How did you make the terrain? Is it a heightfield?

In Blender, exported as .obj without any UV mapping and imported in model's .sc file

Is the starry background part of the scene, or did you just add it in GIMP?

Part of the scene imported via model's .sc file

So, I have ready another MOD: GrainySlopes, BUT unfortunately at the moment ONLY 2 BRICKS are affected, namely 3039 and 3040 as only those two having active UV mapping presented, so if we want having that grain on all of them (I mean on those slopes that actually should have one) then the only way how to achieve that is to manually make UV mappings for all those bricks that are missing them which is quite terrific work to do as there is no way how to find out which coordinates in points array are those for the slope face, and as there are like 200+ pairs for 3039 alone (and I consider this one being small brick) one would have to try combination of all of them and that is unthinkable.

I was even checking if there is some "hidden logic" in order/sequence in which are the elements of the array put in, like (imaginary model situation): index0 = LowerLeftOfTheSlopeFace, index3 = UpperLeftOfTheSlopeFace, index7 = UpperRightOfTheSlopeFace, index11 = LowerRightOfTheSlopeFace (or any other logic) but there is none such thing - I checked like 4 different slope types comparing known points for UV mapping version of the brick with the normal points that creating whole brick and it was on different index everytime without any sequence logic... :sceptic:

Therefor I am still trying find out some usable way how to do it for all...

That being said I would like to ask you: are you interested tho for now only those two slopes would have grain or not? :look::classic:

Edited by bublible

There’s a bug in rendering part 64230 “Spiral Tube W. Tube Stud” in yellow: the ends should be black, there’re yellow.

Part 6211 “Spiral Tube W. Flange” is okay.

(Same with mx80’s Bluerender or Bublible’s mod.)

64230.lxf.png

Output shows both colors should be there:

Adding geometry SPIRAL TUBE W. TUBE STUD (FLEXED)(flex64230_-360747689)
Adding geometry SPIRAL TUBE W. FLANGE(6211)
BRICK Part 1 64230 (SPIRAL TUBE W. TUBE STUD (FLEXED)) Colors:24, 26
BRICK Part 0 6211 (SPIRAL TUBE W. FLANGE) Colors:26, 24

Edited by SylvainLS

There’s a bug in rendering part 64230 “Spiral Tube W. Tube Stud” in yellow: the ends should be black, there’re yellow.

Part 6211 “Spiral Tube W. Flange” is okay.

(Same with mx80’s Bluerender or Bublible’s mod.)

Output shows both colors should be there:

Adding geometry SPIRAL TUBE W. TUBE STUD (FLEXED)(flex64230_-360747689)
Adding geometry SPIRAL TUBE W. FLANGE(6211)
BRICK Part 1 64230 (SPIRAL TUBE W. TUBE STUD (FLEXED)) Colors:24, 26
BRICK Part 0 6211 (SPIRAL TUBE W. FLANGE) Colors:26, 24

Yes, I know that - I have already reported this a few days ago. :wink:

It is most probably problem inside msx80's BlueRender code part because it already comes as one color to parser in SF where there should be two, so only he can repair that...

Edited by bublible

Yes, I know that - I have already reported this a few days ago. :wink:

It is most probably problem inside msx80's BlueRender code part because it already comes as one color to parser in SF where there should be two, so only he can repair that...

Okay. Maybe 64230 being flexible (6211 isn’t) is a factor…. :look:

My renders keep coming out with an orange background regardless of what color I choose.

JOmwW1e.png?1

Is anyone else having this issue?

My renders keep coming out with an orange background regardless of what color I choose.

Is anyone else having this issue?

To me it looks like you are using sunsky light and you have changed most probably sundir and/or turbidity values - can you provide your .sc file?

To me it looks like you are using sunsky light and you have changed most probably sundir and/or turbidity values - can you provide your .sc file?

http://www.filedropper.com/scene

Here is the sc file. The only thing I have messed with in it is changing the AA to "aa 1 2" as suggested in your tutorial. Interestingly enough, this issue only seems to occur with larger models(The AT-AT walker in that render is 4700 pieces. It is set to sunsky light, however.

EDIT: Is there a way to upload a file directly to the forums?

Edited by jhaelego

TESTED

When I rendered it nevermind the actual AA settings (I tried "disabled", "aa 0 1" and "aa 1 2") everytime all was OK as it should, that is white baseplane and white background, so I guess there is some problem inside your OS or JAVA version/instalation...suggestion (in case you did not do that already): try to uninstal, restart and then install again your JAVA.

BTW what is your OS?

Edited by bublible

TESTED

When I rendered it nevermind the actual AA settings (I tried "disabled", "aa 0 1" and "aa 1 2") everytime all was OK as it should, that is white baseplane and white background, so I guess there is some problem inside your OS or JAVA version/instalation...suggestion (in case you did not do that already): try to uninstal, restart and then install again your JAVA.

BTW what is your OS?

Windows 10 is the OS. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall Java. Thanks for all the help! Your mods are fantastic.

Another question. I feel like the bevels between the 2x2 tile on the side of the walker are a bit too defined(black) when compared with the bevels elsewhere, more specifically the feet. Is this unique to my render? If so, is it a result of light settings I have set up?

Thanks again.

Windows 10 is the OS. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall Java.

I am starting to think there probably is some problem/incompatibility beteween JAVA/BlueRender and this newest Microsoft's OS as you are not the first person having problems with this combination. :sceptic:

Thanks for all the help! Your mods are fantastic.

No problem - I am glad you like it. :wink:

Another question. I feel like the bevels between the 2x2 tile on the side of the walker are a bit too defined(black) when compared with the bevels elsewhere, more specifically the feet. Is this unique to my render? If so, is it a result of light settings I have set up?

Basically it needs some more time to fine tuning some bricks seams individually if needed, for example today alone I have adjusted like 5 other brick seamsmthat was too small or too big respectively so in the end most of them (if not all) would have the right amount of seams width between each other, anyway what you can do is adding this to your .sc file:

system
{
brickseams_adjustGap 0.000022
}

That is basically my own default value (I used it with your model and it looks superb, much realistic than with the default value) - it will lower the overall brick gap a bit so it looks more accurate cos the default value makes really big seams making it look like "loosely connected bricks" effect which can be useful for huge models taken from the faraway but when some close-ups are made then it will most probably look like I said above.

Edited by bublible

I just uninstalled and reinstalled JAVA. Everything worked for a 600 piece model but the 4700 piece walker still rendered with the orange background. As such, I imagine this is an OS problem.(I feel like I regret upgrading more and more with each passing day).

I'll definitely implement that code in the .sc file and see how it turns out. Do I need to erase any other code or can I just add it in anywhere?

I just uninstalled and reinstalled JAVA. Everything worked for a 600 piece model but the 4700 piece walker still rendered with the orange background. As such, I imagine this is an OS problem.(I feel like I regret upgrading more and more with each passing day).

I'll definitely implement that code in the .sc file and see how it turns out. Do I need to erase any other code or can I just add it in anywhere?

You can add it somewhere at the top of the .sc file right above the image{} block, so you'll have it like this:

system
{
brickseams_adjustGap 0.000022
}
{
resolution 1920 1080
}

Edited by bublible