Sign in to follow this  
rodiziorobs

[SPC] Cat C - The Flying Fist

Of all of the pirate vessels roaming the Caribbean galaxy, perhaps none is more notorious or feared than the Flying Fist.

17141079008_18673abb93_o.jpgFlying Fist - polling image by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

17211978841_e44a6b6bd6_z.jpg

Captained by the merciless Capt. Fist and his bloody band, the Flying Fist has defeated the Imperial police on countless attempts. The most notable episode (the one most retold in drunken song in taverns 'round the galaxy) involves twenty Nova-class Imperial cruisers, an asteroid field, a well-timed disruptor blast and a very angry Terrillian Ape.

The Flying Fist is a small craft and very swift. Its main engines are three medium-weight Magellan thrusters, which have been modified to withstand extreme energy capacities. The reason for this modification is the custom da Gama suprasorb energy sails; originally developed for power generation from solar energy, they have been specially treated with ionic tetraflutamine to increase their energy absorption from all spectra. While this process also strengthened the normally fragile sails against physical blasts, it means that rather than doing damage, energy or laser shots--especially direct hits--actually supercharge the fuel cells, to then be used to power any of the ship's systems--the engines, the cannons, the shields, etc. The ship actually gets stronger the more hits it takes.

17211972651_479a802e83_z.jpg

Armaments include small rockets, countermeasures, targeting missile systems, and of course each crew member's own personal arsenal. But the big guns are the three heavy phase disruptors on either side of the ship. They fire concentrated alternating energy beams that can rip right through even armored ship hulls, and can usually weaken shields sufficiently enough to let the other weapons do the rest of the work.

17186604256_2bba792586_z.jpg

17210859442_212dcd028f_z.jpg

Other ship features include two flight decks, on-board controls for energy and weapons management, nav center, lower positional thrusters, and that sweet alien skull on the stern to strike fear into the hearts of those lily-livered Imperials!

17211961951_5e0bb2a7ae_z.jpg

17212531235_2d50702e11_z.jpg

17186582236_c6ac33f531_z.jpg

17211951371_087ac0abda_z.jpg

See the crew, Capt. Fist's Bloody Band, my entry for Category A.

See more photos of the Flying Fiston my Flickr page. There are also more further below.

Check out the rest of my creations on Flickr

A couple of notes and a few pictures

With this ship, I wanted to give it a feeling of a Chinese junk, with the square decks and battened sails, and also use a non-traditional color scheme. It does not feature a full interior (that's taken up by the cannons), but the front of the lower half of the ship holds the navigation center, and the top half is easily removed, being attached by only a few studs (yet it is still pretty strong and swooshable!) The entire lower half of the ship is built upside-down. I wanted to avoid treating the underside as an afterthought, so I tried to include some good detail on there as well, but this meant I had to build a base for it to stand on.

17186610206_bdb7d8a635_z.jpg

17026383289_b764e198e7_z.jpg

17005114967_bb19b76fdc_z.jpg

16590095214_4117712a8a_z.jpg

17026381549_538c2e37a7_z.jpg

Edited by rodiziorobs

YAY abother CAT C build. *competition increases*

Love the color scheme and those doors to captains quarters!

Those trans-green sails are awesome!

Exactly - I just wanted to write it...awesome, really! :thumbup:

I like how the bottom is built upside-down, it looks like it gave you some options that you've used really well. I like the cannon-holes in particular.

Awesome ship, I really like the trans-green sale! I also like the alien skull you made on the ship. :wink: