TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Out of curiosity does anyone know what's down the pipeline from now?

I know there's going to be Hermione, Goonies, Marcelline, and potentially Red Dwarf but are there any other rumors or lists out there? I went back like ten pages and could find too much on future releases so I figured I hit the point where its appropriate to ask. 

3 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm wondering just how far they'll go with switching character skins like they are with Cyborg. Will LBM Robin be able to turn into TTG Robin? And them would he be able to turn into regular Robin? Will Batman be able to turn into LBM Batman? Will he be able to turn into Lego Movie Batman? Will the other Titans turn into regular forms of themselves in the DC World? This seems like a bit of a mess of a concept to apply across the board, and if they don't, it'll really break the narrative. 

Admittedly, I'm sure they're passing on a TTG Cyborg pack because of how few Cyborg fun packs seemed to have sold. 

Batman Movie Robin will indeed be able to turn into TTG Robin. They're releasing

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

I know there's going to be Hermione, Goonies, Marcelline, and potentially Red Dwarf but are there any other rumors or lists out there? I went back like ten pages and could find too much on future releases so I figured I hit the point where its appropriate to ask. 

How far in the future are you talking? We have images of packs up through wave 7.5.

Stuff we know about but haven't seen includes Beeltejuice (unknown pack type), Goonies Level Pack, Lego City Undercover Fun Pack, Raven and Beast Boy (pack types unknown), Powerpuff Girls (pack types and which characters unknown).

Marceline's already out, btw.

5 hours ago, Forresto said:

We are not getting Red Dwarf. There could be more LBM ones though and we're still waiting for the Connectables. 

9 hours ago, LegoTFGuy said:

Batman Movie Robin will indeed be able to turn into TTG Robin. They're releasing

How far in the future are you talking? We have images of packs up through wave 7.5.

Stuff we know about but haven't seen includes Beeltejuice (unknown pack type), Goonies Level Pack, Lego City Undercover Fun Pack, Raven and Beast Boy (pack types unknown), Powerpuff Girls (pack types and which characters unknown).

Marceline's already out, btw.

It's also possible, but not certain, that we'll get more packs for Ghostbusters and Adventure Time.

In his recent Reddit AMA, Parsons indicated all three Powerpuff Girls would get playable minifigures, with unique head sculpts for each. The wording leaves a little room for doubt, though, but I do think all three will come.

Marceline has indeed been released, but in the US she's been pulled back from shelves to address the blank toy tag issue, and we don't know yet when it'll be fixed.

Edited by Blondie-Wan
Fixing unwanted line break

I wonder if The Joker and Harley Quinn will turn into their LEGO Batman Movie variants when in TLBM world?

After getting ET (for £10) I decided to go to his adventure world, in a way I absolutely love which is flying on Elliot's bike! And while I was waiting for the pack to download I wandered around the shard, and saw to my surprise I can access the Ghosbusters 2016 adventure world with Venkman Slimer and Stay Puft! Which I didn't think you could because when the year two patch was released and the new stuff added, I downloaded the GB 2016 pack hoping I could do that yet couldn't, I'm glad I can because I wanted the adventure world but not the story pack!

4 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Can all DC characters access the DC, The LEGO Batman Movie, and Teen Titans GO! Adventure Worlds by themselves?

Unfortunately not - it's the same case for Ghostbusters 2016 vs original.

edit: so apparently some glitch lets you get into GB 2016 with normal GB characters (which doesn't work on mine), so maybe?

Edited by legozebra

When TLBM and TTG sets are released then certain Characters like Cyborg might be able to access them, like I previously said for GB 2016, previous characters can access the new world, so we just need to wait and see :)

4 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

After getting ET (for £10) I decided to go to his adventure world, in a way I absolutely love which is flying on Elliot's bike! And while I was waiting for the pack to download I wandered around the shard, and saw to my surprise I can access the Ghosbusters 2016 adventure world with Venkman Slimer and Stay Puft! Which I didn't think you could because when the year two patch was released and the new stuff added, I downloaded the GB 2016 pack hoping I could do that yet couldn't, I'm glad I can because I wanted the adventure world but not the story pack!

Wait what this doesn't work for pretty much everyone else... right guys?

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I had to download a newer version of the world, but trust me it does work :)

Wow! I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip! I totally believe you - I was just really surprised. Thanks!

6 hours ago, legozebra said:

Wait what this doesn't work for pretty much everyone else... right guys?

Works for me. However interiors and quests are unavaible.

Did any one else notice the figure quality seems to be a bit lower this time? The Sonic I got has a few black paint smears and a crack in the middle of his eye.

35 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Did any one else notice the figure quality seems to be a bit lower this time? The Sonic I got has a few black paint smears and a crack in the middle of his eye.

Nope, mine is gorgeous. Call customer service!

My Green Arrow still hasn't shipped, and I've just gotten the rest of my order (I was hoping he shipped with something else and I just wasn't notified on the order page). I think tomorrow I'm going to go to my local store with my order printout and pray they still have a few left. :look:

On 11/30/2016 at 4:21 PM, Hulk_Smash said:

When TLBM and TTG sets are released then certain Characters like Cyborg might be able to access them, like I previously said for GB 2016, previous characters can access the new world, so we just need to wait and see :)

I think that to have other characters access one of those worlds you need to first have a character FROM one of the worlds to 'unlock' it first. For example, Cyborg doesn't get his TTG skin until he actually goes into the TTG world.

On 11/30/2016 at 6:05 PM, The Lego Nolan said:

I know that TLBM Robin can turn into Nightwing, although I'm not sure how you cause the change. 

Oh wow, really? On one hand that's really cool, but it also kind of annoys me that Lego's DC has a Dick Grayson Robin and a Dick Grayson Nightwing simultaneously. I wonder how they'll handle the voice acting with these characters? I mean, Cyborg is nothing, since Khary Payton is already doing him, but will Robin shift from Michael Cera to Scott Menville? Will Batman go from Troy Baker to Will Arnett? 

43 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Oh wow, really? On one hand that's really cool, but it also kind of annoys me that Lego's DC has a Dick Grayson Robin and a Dick Grayson Nightwing simultaneously. I wonder how they'll handle the voice acting with these characters? I mean, Cyborg is nothing, since Khary Payton is already doing him, but will Robin shift from Michael Cera to Scott Menville? Will Batman go from Troy Baker to Will Arnett? 

Actually Cyborg will also change. This one is voiced by Bumper Robinson from some cartoons and LB3. 

I just saw this now please take it with a huge bucket of salt. 

But there is a hugeeee nod to Mario and Luigi in this video. Now this isn't the first time that LEGO has teased a future Dimensions pack in a video like this before. There was a K.I.T.T. car in one of them even before they announced that him and Michael Knight would be in the game. Plus with Sonic being in the game now this isn't too far fetched.

4 hours ago, LegoTFGuy said:

I think that to have other characters access one of those worlds you need to first have a character FROM one of the worlds to 'unlock' it first. For example, Cyborg doesn't get his TTG skin until he actually goes into the TTG world.

True, but what I'm saying is, will it be like the Ghostbusters worlds where a year one character can access both worlds without the need for the corresponding year two character.  

Got my Green Arrow today! I went to the store and they still had some left over, so I got one no problem. I can't wait to start using him in-game!

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Actually Cyborg will also change. This one is voiced by Bumper Robinson from some cartoons and LB3. 

I just saw this now please take it with a huge bucket of salt. 

But there is a hugeeee nod to Mario and Luigi in this video. Now this isn't the first time that LEGO has teased a future Dimensions pack in a video like this before. There was a K.I.T.T. car in one of them even before they announced that him and Michael Knight would be in the game. Plus with Sonic being in the game now this isn't too far fetched.

Oh, really? I don't know why I thought Khary Payton was doing his voice.. 

Didn't Arthur Parsons give a cryptic response to someone asking about console exclusive characters? There might be something to this. It certainly makes me glad I bought the Wii U version :grin: 

In that case, though, I really can't wait for the Ancient Aliens fun pack! (0:46) :laugh:

3 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Oh, really? I don't know why I thought Khary Payton was doing his voice.. 

Didn't Arthur Parsons give a cryptic response to someone asking about console exclusive characters? There might be something to this. It certainly makes me glad I bought the Wii U version :grin: 

In that case, though, I really can't wait for the Ancient Aliens fun pack! (0:46) :laugh:

Ya I thought it was the guy from TTG as well. But when I got Cyborg I was like awww this is the more serious Cyborg :grin: 

And yes, someone did ask Arthur if there would ever be console exclusive characters ie. Mario. And he said perhaps I think. But I'd hate to burst your bubble but if they did do it I think it would be Year 3 and probably for the new Nintendo console. Unless they decide to keep the Wii U on like they did for PS3/PS4 and Xbox360/XboxOne.