TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

There's some pretty cool stuff in there- "BLUESPOILERBOOK" most probably refers to River Song's Diary- as far as I know, does it actually appear in the game? I don't remember, but it can be another clue showing that she might show up in a Fun Pack or something.

It would make sense given River's return in The Husbands of River Song.

It would make sense given River's return in The Husbands of River Song.

Oh god...really? We are really going to have River Song in this game? Supposedly? I don't even like her anymore...please don't Lego.

Can a Chinese dragon be found in the Ninjago hub world? As in a decoration maybe?

Also, is GhostKnight Supposed to be from the Scooby Doo hub?

Edited by gamejutzu

Oh god...really? We are really going to have River Song in this game? Supposedly? I don't even like her anymore...please don't Lego.

I'm not the biggest fan of River myself. I'm going to collect all the LEGO Doctor Who merchandise regardless of River personally.

I'm not the biggest fan of River myself. I'm going to collect all the LEGO Doctor Who merchandise regardless of River personally.

That's how I feel as well, I'm pretty neutral on the character. Some episodes with her I liked, some I disliked. I'd prefer several characters over her. But if we do get her, I'll buy it regardless, I just want more DW content.

Same goes for a lot of the franchises that appear in LD though. If they make any new, exclusive characters for LotR, Wizard of Oz, etc, I'd be very inclined to buy those. But yeah gimme more DW stuff, because I sadly doubt we'll get anything else beyond LD.

After my earlier moaning, I was really rather impressed with Midway and how the retro-games are used to progress through the level. The goals are set at just the right place to give you a good experience of the games without having to spend too much time trying to reach them. The Sprint games are a bit of a bind and I'd forgotten just how bad 80's gaming sounded, compared to today's effects. I started playing with it pumped through surround sound and Defender really freaked my cat, which was amusing!

The actual level is a bit bland, which is a shame, and the closing shot of the devastated city and the escaped video game characters got me really excited, but then "cut" and it was back to Vortron. I'd still rate it as better than BttF.

Kid Gamer is a great character and his cola drinking abilities are brilliant.

I road tested Superman in a flying tour around the Adventure World and it looks amazing! But I've been busy with Twilight Princess (HD, no less and which I'm loving, again!) so LD has gone on the back burner for now.

After my earlier moaning, I was really rather impressed with Midway and how the retro-games are used to progress through the level. The goals are set at just the right place to give you a good experience of the games without having to spend too much time trying to reach them. The Sprint games are a bit of a bind and I'd forgotten just how bad 80's gaming sounded, compared to today's effects. I started playing with it pumped through surround sound and Defender really freaked my cat, which was amusing!

The actual level is a bit bland, which is a shame, and the closing shot of the devastated city and the escaped video game characters got me really excited, but then "cut" and it was back to Vortron. I'd still rate it as better than BttF.

Kid Gamer is a great character and his cola drinking abilities are brilliant.

I road tested Superman in a flying tour around the Adventure World and it looks amazing! But I've been busy with Twilight Princess (HD, no less and which I'm loving, again!) so LD has gone on the back burner for now.

I defiantly think the other level packs are a lot better than Back to the Future or The Simpsons in terms of franchises being represented in LD. Speaking of which, I defiantly had fun playing through the Ghostbusters level pack I do feel it's major setback to it is probably the long megablocks driving sections. Seriously, why were they needed the only reason I think they put them in the level is so the Ecto-1 got some fair usage in my opinion. I do think there was a lot to do in terms of the level but I do think it would've been less tedious if we didn't have any driving sections and maybe a bit more variety of enemies.

I personally love River, and can almost guarantee we get her (based solely on the fact I am currently making a custom one, and lately I make a custom figure and then it gets released!)

I personally love River, and can almost guarantee we get her (based solely on the fact I am currently making a custom one, and lately I make a custom figure and then it gets released!)

Please make a LEGO Missy minifigure then. :grin:

When are we actually going to hear more concrete news about the upcoming Dimensions expansions?

I'd guess E3 in mid-June.

Please make a LEGO Missy minifigure then. :grin:

Right after I make an Ice Warrior :D

I also impulse bought Aquaman today, now I can finally get most minikits!

When are we actually going to hear more concrete news about the upcoming Dimensions expansions?

I've heard the next packs are coming out September, so expect news in the beginning of summer.

Can a Chinese dragon be found in the Ninjago hub world? As in a decoration maybe?

Odd that idea reminds me of a dragon statue inside the Ninjago monastery in LEGO Universe....

Odd that idea reminds me of a dragon statue inside the Ninjago monastery in LEGO Universe....

Hmm... I never played LU myself, so I wouldn't know...

I've got every level in story mode that I've completed paring The Simpsons level up to 100%. Meaning I've got every Minikit and every character in distress rescued. I'm still wondering if I should get the Midway Level Pack I mean seeing as I've never played the games before that they are representing in LD I might as well. But it does mean shelling out money for it though.

So apparently Supergirl has some Red Lantern abilities and Green Arrow is pretty much a copy of Legolas. They said it was acquired by the use of an NFC tag generating tool.

So apparently Supergirl has some Red Lantern abilities and Green Arrow is pretty much a copy of Legolas. They said it was acquired by the use of an NFC tag generating tool.

Interesting. Were those the only two characters they discovered? It'd seem kind of weird for those characters to already be programmed into the game and not have there be other unused/early characters as well...

Interesting. Were those the only two characters they discovered? It'd seem kind of weird for those characters to already be programmed into the game and not have there be other unused/early characters as well...

Is this legit? They can't be real screenshots right?

If there weren't any other characters, then I'm calling fake. Green Arrow and Supergirl seem like random choices anyway considering the characters from other licenses not yet in the game.

It might be a fake because honestly if they were new characters why are we getting screenshots of Green Arrow and Supergirl when we haven't had another announcement for the game in ages concerning new characters?

It might be a fake because honestly if they were new characters why are we getting screenshots of Green Arrow and Supergirl when we haven't had another announcement for the game in ages concerning new characters?

From what I understand (and I'm not tech savvy,) the guy claims he's been able to mess with the chips inside of the figure bases. He's making them read as different characters- and he says, by chance, he came across two that obviously aren't out yet. So he took pics and posted them.

But obviously, take it with a grain of salt. He could be texture hacking.

But obviously, take it with a grain of salt. He could be texture hacking.

Texture hacking is just putting a recolored version of a character's skin over the same model.

This isn't that, these are brand new (potentially fabricated) models, complete with textures.

If it were the latter, let's say the Green Arrow textures were put over Legolas' model (using texture hacking) it would look like Legolas, but with Green Arrow's colors, and prints. The texture for Green Arrow's hood would also not register, as Legolas does not have anything around his neck or back.

TL;DR: If this was texture hacking, it would look like Legolas (hypothetically) with Green Arrow's colors. These are new (potentially hacked) models.