TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Speaking of Doctor Who, am i missing much by ONLY watching the reboot series (2005 on) in terms of Dimensions? Many references etc that refer to the old series?

Btw i am only up to S3 (Tennant) so i didn't start Who Dimensions level pack/hub world yet until i am further caught up lol.

Spearhead From Space is a good starting point.

Missing the first 6 years and 2 Doctors??? That would be like starting Star Wars from episode 4. Oh...

Speaking of Doctor Who, am i missing much by ONLY watching the reboot series (2005 on) in terms of Dimensions? Many references etc that refer to the old series?

Yeah, I'd say so. There are a lot of references to the classic series.

Missing the first 6 years and 2 Doctors??? That would be like starting Star Wars from episode 4. Oh...

Too be fair it's got more to do with William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton's eras especially the latter having stories completely destroyed from existence or just incomplete and have parts missing. But I did eventually start watching stories from the 60s albeit two stories from the Second Doctor after the Three Doctors that is.

Strange. I don't know if I'm missing any lost episodes, but I have what's billed as the "complete" Hartnell series on DVD, including the first serials.

Strange. I don't know if I'm missing any lost episodes, but I have what's billed as the "complete" Hartnell series on DVD, including the first serials.

Are they the reconstruction stories with the still frames and audio? Because the reason why I avoided the incomplete stories or stories that were practically destroyed is because that meant some of the stories would be me looking at still frames that don't even move at all and feel more like a slideshow to me. At least that's my opinion.

I hate Telesnap recons as well, but it's better then nothing I suppose :)

And I have never heard of a complete series box set for Hatnell before, are you sure it's not The Beggining boxes to with the first three stories in it?

If Sainsburys have any sets in I want I might pick up a few that are on offer.

Btw i am only up to S3 (Tennant) so i didn't start Who Dimensions level pack/hub world yet until i am further caught up lol.

I'd say no. If you've watched the classic series, you will get loads of references that will give you a lovely warm feeling when you spot them in the game.

But if you haven't, then when you will get a lovely warm feeling when you spot the LD references when you do watch them.

LD has been described as 'a love letter' to Doctor Who fans in some reviews and Tt themselves admit that they spent more time than they should have on the DW content. Andy Holt and Mark Warburton are mahoosive fans, and it shows throughout the game.

It's worth noting that Amazon UK recently ran out of DW LP stock and today they direct you to third party suppliers with the mind blowing price of £40.49 ($56.24). It is the only expansion pack that has gone up in price and is becoming difficult to get hold of.

So forgive us LEGO Dimensions Doctor Who fans for our unwarranted intrusions on this thread. We are a demanding and excitable bunch with the kind of bonkers passion that irritates none Who fans. Of all the franchises, none have attracted the niche fanboys like DW has and, like it or not, we are a big part of its success.

I hate Telesnap recons as well, but it's better then nothing I suppose :)

The animations are definitely more watchable.

And I have never heard of a complete series box set for Hatnell before, are you sure it's not The Beggining boxes to with the first three stories in it?

If Sainsburys have any sets in I want I might pick up a few that are on offer.

It must be the Beginning set. There hasn't been a Complete Hartnell set and if there was, it would cost at least £80.

The animations are definitely more watchable.

It must be the Beginning set. There hasn't been a Complete Hartnell set and if there was, it would cost at least £80.

Yeah at least with the animated portions of a story at least they would move. Just a shame the company who animated the missing parts of The Invasion, The Tenth Planet, The Moonbase got bankrupt because of the fact the animation was costing them money anyway.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG can we move all of this crap to a Doctor Who thread????

Well, I do agree with this. If you are a big fan and want to discuss the merits of telesnaps, go to a Doctor Who forum.

I joined this site because it's patrons seemed to be the best bunch when I was looking for a place to discuss LD. I want to discuss all aspects of this game equally, and the LEGO it comes with, and I will talk about DW in that context.

When fellow patrons are using multiple capital exclamations, then that can't be right. We have been warned once and haven't listened it seems...

I don't want to see this thread closed. Let's listen to Rob, eh?

Kay fine I'm kind of annoyed that I have to wait till May to get Aquaman. Don't you agree? Because I really need to complete some of the puzzles that are left out for him. Seriously I've spend more than once actually missing parts of a minikit in the story mode and Adventure worlds thanks to the fact that I don't have him already.

Sorry, I think I was having a bad day, but yeah, we're getting a bit Who-heavy. I honestly don't mind too much. I'm not reporting any posts or anything, it's just getting to be a bit much. I will say that LEGO Dimensions is what ignited my interest in Doctor Who in the first place. I pretty much devoured all of the nu-Who over the course of a month after playing the Who levels, so yeah, I don't mind too much, but when I check back here for LD discussion (or, please Jebus, NEWS), and it's just pages of Who stuff I'm not interested in. (Sorry, no interest in classic Who.) I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but maybe add some on-topic thoughts, too.

I, also, am annoyed at the lack of Aquaman. I just want to save Ralph Wiggum, is that so wrong? That and, to a lesser extent, the Midway pack, are the only things left that I'm looking forward to in-game. I really want Stay-Puft, but will probably not use him much in-game.

I guess basically we just have nothing to talk about. My apologies for every capital "G" after the sixth in my original post :)

Sorry, I think I was having a bad day, but yeah, we're getting a bit Who-heavy. I honestly don't mind too much. I'm not reporting any posts or anything, it's just getting to be a bit much. I will say that LEGO Dimensions is what ignited my interest in Doctor Who in the first place. I pretty much devoured all of the nu-Who over the course of a month after playing the Who levels, so yeah, I don't mind too much, but when I check back here for LD discussion (or, please Jebus, NEWS), and it's just pages of Who stuff I'm not interested in. (Sorry, no interest in classic Who.) I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but maybe add some on-topic thoughts, too.

I, also, am annoyed at the lack of Aquaman. I just want to save Ralph Wiggum, is that so wrong? That and, to a lesser extent, the Midway pack, are the only things left that I'm looking forward to in-game. I really want Stay-Puft, but will probably not use him much in-game.

I guess basically we just have nothing to talk about. My apologies for every capital "G" after the sixth in my original post :)

No no no it's alright. It's fine. I guess we are just getting bored of waiting for something new and we just want something to come out. But while we are on the subject of the Midway level pack I'm not sure I should get it seeing as I haven't got that much experience with the arcade games they are showcasing in LD. Edited by Starscream759

I, also, am annoyed at the lack of Aquaman. I just want to save Ralph Wiggum, is that so wrong?

That really made me smile :)

I don't think we will have to wait much longer before news starts to come on the future. I keep an eye on twitter and the developer guys are starting to respond to mithering about future waves with "wait and see" type responses, instead of just ignoring them.

There have been a couple of 'wish I could talk about what we've done with Midway' type tweets as well, which is getting me excited.

Spent a couple of hours just running around the Ninjago and Lego Movie hubs in Emmet's mech. I absolutely recommend trying to get ahold of a character with a mech if you do not already own one, they are great for smashing objects and picking up large amounts of studs quickly. I would like to get more Ninjago packs soon (I currently only have Jay), maybe the Kai and Cole Team Pack, Lloyd, or Nya.

Edited by Willsy

That really made me smile :)

I don't think we will have to wait much longer before news starts to come on the future. I keep an eye on twitter and the developer guys are starting to respond to mithering about future waves with "wait and see" type responses, instead of just ignoring them.

There have been a couple of 'wish I could talk about what we've done with Midway' type tweets as well, which is getting me excited.

I guess now that we are heading into march they are now talking a bit about it because I suppose they didn't have a need to do so because they were releasing things like the Doctor Who and Ghostbusters level packs and I believe the Midway Level pack is gonna be released at the end of march so by then they'll start revealing footage of said level pack in particular.

Spent a couple of hours just running around the Ninjago and Lego Movie hubs in Emmet's mech. I absolutely recommend trying to get ahold of a character with a mech if you do not already own one, they are great for smashing objects and picking up large amounts of studs quickly. I would like to get more Ninjago packs soon (I currently only have Jay), maybe the Kai and Cole Team Pack, Lloyd, or Nya.

If you want them because you're a fan of the show (let's face it, the sets have almost nothing to do with it in the game), that's fine, but practically, you only need one ninja for gameplay, although there are different ability combinations.

Dimensions is got me into watching and becoming a huge fan of Doctor Who, too, and I greatly enjoyed the Dalek Extermination of Earth and Doctor Who's involvement in the outcome of the game. Plus, having a physical LEGO Doctor Who and sonic screwdriver is a terrific! I am looking forward to the mid-March release of the next wave - Midway Arcade and Aquaman will help rack up the remaining gold bricks (at least until Slimer) and Superman and Stay Puft will wonderful minifigures to add to the collection. I am anxious to see what the Midway Arcade level and world will be like....

You could get one more character if you are not happy with just playing as Jay. It's entirely up to you. Me I've kind of got enough Ninjago characters in the form of Jay, Zane and Nya and I can easily alternate between the three but I kind of want to get Lloyd because well...I quite like Lloyd. Once again it all depends on preference.

No no no it's alright. It's fine. I guess we are just getting bored of waiting for something new and we just want something to come out. But while we are on the subject of the Midway level pack I'm not sure I should get it seeing as I haven't got that much experience with the arcade games they are showcasing in LD.

I'm having the same thoughts about the Midway pack. I played the heck out of Spy Hunter, but that's the only one I recognized, I think. Definitely curious, but unsure.

Dimensions is got me into watching and becoming a huge fan of Doctor Who, too, and I greatly enjoyed the Dalek Extermination of Earth and Doctor Who's involvement in the outcome of the game. Plus, having a physical LEGO Doctor Who and sonic screwdriver is a terrific! I am looking forward to the mid-March release of the next wave - Midway Arcade and Aquaman will help rack up the remaining gold bricks (at least until Slimer) and Superman and Stay Puft will wonderful minifigures to add to the collection. I am anxious to see what the Midway Arcade level and world will be like....

Oh yeah, I loved the Doctor's role in the main story, that was great, as is having the Doctor and multiples of that screwdriver. (The Ideas set was amazing, too. I don't think I'll ever dismantle the TARDIS exterior. So beautiful!).

I have way too many Superman minifigs already, and I don't really think I need him for any reason, but I still really want to fly around in Dimensions as Superman. (I <3 Superman.) Stay-Puft is the exact opposite: no real interest in using him in-game, but that fig is amazing.

I forgot to quote the exact post, but that's mildly encouraging news about the developers' Twitter responses. Small steps, I suppose. I really want Adventure Time confirmation, since that's my most anticipated rumored addition. Please oh please!

I was going to get Emmet but then i thought i already have him at least 3 times from Lego Movie sets, so i'll go with Bane instead for the Drill ability!

Just went through a archive file I got from LD! I've found mentions of Harry Potter!! Here the name of files that finalize that Harry Potter is in there.

ZEUS2_HARRYPOTTER

ZEUS2_HERMIONEGRANGER

And A trailer called ZEUSTRAILER!

Edited by jhuyser