TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

The wonder woman can dive too. And flies. The music from the 70´s series is funny. My girls love it.

I was wondering, why amazon has so low prices for the sets?

Is LD bad in sales?? The ghostbusters are $20, lots of sales on the website...

I like so many of the Adventure Worlds. The Doctor Who Adventure World is the only one that I have collected everything. The Wizard of Oz World is so cool to me. Back To The Future and Ghostbusters (and Scooby) are full of nostalgia. TTGames has just done a fantastic job with all of them...

The wonder woman can dive too. And flies. The music from the 70´s series is funny. My girls love it.

I was wondering, why amazon has so low prices for the sets?

Is LD bad in sales?? The ghostbusters are $20, lots of sales on the website...

I've asked a manager at one of the more larger LD retailers, and they stated that it was due to extremely over estimating the amount of production.

It's why the Fun Packs on S@H, Gamestop and Amazon have had them at 50% off for a while.

Edited by Penkid11

Its a pitty those low prices don't seem to have happened here in Australia, I wouldn't mind adding some of the Dimensions packs to my collection for parts (I dont have a console capable of playing the game) but at the Aussie RRP they are too expensive for me to do that.

If you want all 480 Gold Bricks you will need to get all 6 Level Packs and the Scooby Doo and Jurassic World Team Packs. In addition the following Fun Packs are needed. (It only mentions the ability that makes them unique, not all abilities they have!)

Emmet/Bane-Drill

Wicked Witch-Oz Adventure World

Unikitty- Rainbow Bricks

Cyberman*

Sensei Wu-Pole

Aquaman- Atlantis

Cragger- Dive/Chi

Slimer- Dive/pass ghost swarms/sonic

Superman- Dive/laser**

That should open every world and cover every ability needed for gold bricks.

*Cyberman has lots of abilities shared by other characters but there was at least one gold brick I could only get with him (or possibly her?!), I think it was the hacking terminal in the SP Ninjago level or an underwater one, so I'd get 'it' over Doc Brown for the Drone ability.

**Superman has a unique freeze breath ability that no one else has, but there don't seem to be puzzles that need this, but I'd go for him over Cyborg just in case.

Heeeey, nice list! But questions! Is Slimer really necessary?

Follow-up: why?

Related: I bought Gollum, partially because he is able to access mini-hatches underwater, and partially so I can smack someone in the face with a fish. Is there anything the Slimer can do that I can't do with combinations of Gollum, Venkman, and the tons of other characters I already have? I really had no intention of buying Slimer and would hate to change my mind, but I am buying for pleasure as well as completion of the game.

Semi-related: I got lucky when I chose Cragger over the other Chima stuff. I feel like I could not have chosen a worse character for voice-acting abilities, but he was definitely useful.

Alright, so what's everybody's favorite hubworld?

So far, from the ones i've been to, i'd say Jurassic World (just very peaceful and relaxing, quite a few nices surprises) and maybe the DC ones have been great for me (Atlantis ftw)

Hmm, that's a tough call. My first impulse would be to say the Wizard of Oz world. I can't tell you how delighted I was when I found Kansas. Who knew?? I also love the boldly-outlined, cartoony look of the Scooby Doo world.

As for the most disappointing levels*......drumroll.....Jurassic World and DC Comics world! :tongue: As a huge DC fan, that was THE first world I visited, but I was a bit shocked at how small it was. In retrospect, my expectations for that aspect were faaaar too high and I will admit that it really has been fun since then. Swimming around in Atlantis almost completely made up for that initial sense of disappointment. But Jurassic World.....just....wow. I originally bought this game for Xbox 360, and I naturally assumed that there would be some instances where details are not the same, due to the older generation console, but I was completely appalled to see that there were absolutely NO dinosaurs in Jurassic World. Not a single one. What the expletive. Since then, I actually bought an Xbox One, and since some of the deals were so good on the starter packs, I bought a second copy. There are dinosaurs in this version, not a lot, but some. So that's cool I guess. BUT DAMN, that was really terrible. I was so stoked to be the Wicked Witch and fly through the iconic Jurassic Park gate and cruise around with some dinosaurs, but instead: nothing. It nearly broke my poor, little, 33-year-old heart. :wink: /endrant

* - This doesn't include Chima or Ninjago, which can't be disappointing since I'm already loath to play them and have yet to do so.

Slimer is needed for at least two gold bricks. One requires Cragger to use Chi to open a temple, in which is a ghost swarm that only Slimer can pass to get to the brick.

There is also an underwater hatch/sonic smash puzzle that only Slimer can get.

About the Jurassic Adventure World: I felt the same way you did, rob-ot5000. That Adventure World simply had no dinosaurs. Made no sense. It looks to me like, through a few updates, they have added some dinos and, perhaps my memory is failing, but flowers and things around trees (made getting the stud meter full easier this time). I hope that TTGames continues to update all of the Adventure Worlds with each update!

Yes, Slimer is needed. There's some instances of underwater sonar, hatches, and even goop that make Slimer an important character.

Best Buy has fun packs $7.49, team packs $14.99, and level packs $19.99. I'm considering picking up Portal, Scooby-Doo, and Jurassic World. :moar:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Jurrasic World?? Don't get me started on how disappointing that world was! Luckily the gyrosphere is great fun and you gotta love ACU! He's just a normal bloke with a cattle prod, an inspiration to any wannabe hero.

I found BttF to be horribly rendered on Wii U, moving at speed anywhere in town is eyebleedingly bad. But the puzzles and time travel are great. It feels a bit of a missed opportunity to me, a bit like the level!

The Simpsons looks great, but the lack of any dialogue and genuine Simpsons humour left it feeling a bit lacking. Still a nice world, though.

Chima and Ninjago came as a complete surprise to me. Both are beautiful, Ninjago one of the best.

I love them all really, but fave would have to be Portal. It's just got such a different feel to the others, and all the ramps and levels are really difficult to navigate. Finding some bricks is mind-boggling. I completed it recently and am gonna miss it.

I got Scooby-Doo today at Best Buy, Portal was OOS so I'll order it online later. I elected to pass on JW for now as I got tracking with the Scooby-Doo pack and from what I'm hearing the JW world is rather underwhelming.

I wish players were forced to use Zane to activate a boomerang switch. Because absolutely no one knows he can use those. Sigh...

The Ninjago hub had so much potential. But it comes off as a jumble to me, sadly one of my least favorite hubs.

The monastery is accurate, but everything else isn't.

My favorite world has to be Dr. Who, for all the time-travel, and Portal, for the unique and fresh look it presents.

Edited by gamejutzu

Went to the Scooby hub for the first time yesterday, and... i was positively surprised :)

Just a nice understated and slightly creepy atmosphere, with some nice details packed in there... loved the mansion on the hill with it's own theme inside etc.

So have the hub worlds been updated? I want to get the JW Pack but some people so there are dinos and some say there are not.

So have the hub worlds been updated? I want to get the JW Pack but some people so there are dinos and some say there are not.

Well, there's a couple dinos in a few locations (plus the Mossasaur) but overall it's really more of the actual park with food stands etc.

I briefly tried out the Scooby World last night, and I really like it. It might be my new favorite. On an unrelated note, the Scooby Snack gadget is awesome, even if only the first rebuild (for Super Strength) is the only really helpful one. :laugh:

Well, there's a couple dinos in a few locations (plus the Mossasaur) but overall it's really more of the actual park with food stands etc.

I believe this is going to be dependent on what console you are playing on. Xbox 360 had no dinosaurs (as of 4 months ago, though some posters say this has changed), whereas Xbox One does. I have no idea about the other consoles.

I believe this is going to be dependent on what console you are playing on. Xbox 360 had no dinosaurs (as of 4 months ago, though some posters say this has changed), whereas Xbox One does. I have no idea about the other consoles.

They appeared on Wii U with the wave 2 update, but they are little more than moving scenery, really.

I ask myself why i even bother with watching let's plays of this game. There are so many people ignoring an ability of a character.

The worst part is watching in horror as someone despawns Cole to add Wonder Woman instead...

Or when people try and use Kai's fire beam, then in an act of failure, Despawn Kai and add Venkman or something instead.

Or the classic Chima mishaps.

Sad thing is, most of these fails come from a lack of understanding of the character, or obliviousy to the existence of the Dimensions site...

Edited by gamejutzu

First time i had to use vine cutting yesterday, so i at least felt like the JW pack was justified :P

Used Owen at first which is SLOOOOOW at it, but then the raptor does an ace job at cutting it all down :)

Gotta say, i am liking that Scooby World more and more, maybe enough to even declare it my favorite right now from the ones i've tried.

Or just wait until Velma asks you to find all 30 missing pairs of her glasses. That quest was miserable. :cry_sad:

VELMA, HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO LOSE YOUR GLASSES UNDERWATER?!?!? :wacko:

LOL i actually DID do the Velma glasses quest yesterday night, but i thought it was pretty laid back since you're essentially getting a tour of the island for free included kinda :P

The race atop the lighthouse still needs to be done...challenge accepted! I'm a fiend for those races ;)

Or just wait until Velma asks you to find all 30 missing pairs of her glasses. That quest was miserable. :cry_sad:

VELMA, HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO LOSE YOUR GLASSES UNDERWATER?!?!? :wacko:

I've lost my glasses underwater while punting... ;)

Anyway, yeah, all the seek missions are pretty tedious as there's 30 some objects to find with only a single gold brick as a reward...