TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Sweet! Good to know that the game's near the top 20 there. That's pretty good actually.

Yay!...Go Britland!!

I was quite surprised to see LD in the top 30, TBH.

I accidently got Infinity for Christmas from a well meaning relative and it's OK as a game, but the toy element is pointless and annoying. Not a patch on the LEGO builds and the toy pad. 'Best not biggest'?

Yay!...Go Britland!!

I was quite surprised to see LD in the top 30, TBH.

I accidently got Infinity for Christmas from a well meaning relative and it's OK as a game, but the toy element is pointless and annoying. Not a patch on the LEGO builds and the toy pad. 'Best not biggest'?

I will say this about Disney Infinity it's good for maybe a couple of hours or so but it really does get old after awhile and that's kind of why I stopped playing that game altogether because there wasn't any variety in the game and plus you can't really mix and match characters from other franchises because well...you must play them in their respectable worlds which really sucks really. Not too mention the many times they've repackaged the same game with the Marvel and Star Wars characters it's just sad.

Anyways I'm hoping to play the Ghostbusters and Portal level packs before I advance in the story mode ya know to shake things up a little I guess.

I enjoyed both the Ghostbusters and Portal packs a lot. Haven't done very much with the Portal Adventure World yet, but sounds like some fun ahead for you, Starscream!

I enjoyed both the Ghostbusters and Portal packs a lot. Haven't done very much with the Portal Adventure World yet, but sounds like some fun ahead for you, Starscream!

Oh it will be fun, it will be fun make no mistake about that, my friend.

Is it worth purchasing the add-on packs for parts? (given that I dont actually have a console that can play the game)

Is it worth buying the BTTF packs given that I already own the DeLorean? What about the Dr Who packs given that I own the Tardis set? (or rather, have one comming in the Shop @ Home order I placed yesterday) And the Benny pack given that I already own the Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP? And the Ghostbusters packs given that I own the Ecto-1 (but not the super-expensive firehouse since I cant afford that right now)

I'd say it's worth it to buy the Fun packs from themes you like, at half price. If you don't have the game, that is.

I only bought the Doc. Brown Fun Pack because I love Back to The Future.

It was worth it to me.

The Dr. Who, Ghostbusters, Portal, etc. packs would not be worth the money for me, because I'm not a fan of those.

As Actor Builder said, it's really about what appeals to you. I like the Doc Brown from the fun pack a lot so he goes with my Ideas DeLorean. The Doctor in the Doctor Who Level Pack has a different outfit than the one in the Ideas set, so it just depends (although I added K-9 to my Ideas TARDIS set - same with a Cyberman head for Handles...)

Now that we know it's happening, what are the chances we get a Ghostbusters 2016 expansion in the future? While I don't know about a new world or level, I could see two of the team (probably Gilbert and Yates) being sold as a Fun Pack with the new Ghost Trap and the Ecto-1 as an alternative to Venkman. Of course, each 'Buster would be able to switch to one of the remaining two.

Of course, it might be a bit presumptuous or repetitive to release packs from the new film.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Now that we know it's happening, what are the chances we get a Ghostbusters 2016 expansion in the future? While I don't know about a new world or level, I could see two of the team (probably Gilbert and Yates) being sold as a Fun Pack with the new Ghost Trap and the Ecto-1 as an alternative to Venkman. Of course, each 'Buster would be able to switch to one of the remaining two.

Of course, it might be a bit presumptuous or repetitive to release packs from the new film.

A member in the know on here has hinted that we're getting 2016 Reboot Dimensions sts.

I think it is more likely that we'd get one of them and Kevin. But the packs would probably be what you said.

I really do wonder how they are going to do the new characters from the new movie have similar abilities to Peter Venkman or give them something new? I don't know.

They could spruce up the 'ghost catching' mechanic a bit. It looks brilliant and is a lot of fun for a while, but it lacks challenge. I'd like a bit more of a wrestle, if you know what I mean.

Question: Are Gold bricks actually used for anything else besides upgrading vehicles? I was wondering whether i'd run out when i upgrade too much...

Question: Are Gold bricks actually used for anything else besides upgrading vehicles? I was wondering whether i'd run out when i upgrade too much...

48 vehicles and gadgets that each cost 10 gold bricks to upgrade, and there are 480 gold bricks available. Just enough!

Replaying the Doctor Who level for the Level pack again since I've upgraded Unikitty's Cloud Cuckooland Car into her second vehicle that means I can get the whole minikit for that level and I've also save Clara from K-1 which is awesome!

you can't really mix and match characters from other franchises because well...you must play them in their respectable worlds which really sucks really.

Wow, seriously? I knew from watching videos that the game was bad, but that just makes it worse. I thought LD had bad customization. Now I realize how grateful I should be.

Edited by gamejutzu

^You can still mix everything in the Toy Box, where you can build and do almost anything now. I finally finished the story mode today and the ending(?) was incredibly fun! I'm wondering who was in the end credits scene.

Wow, seriously? I knew from watching videos that the game was bad, but that just makes it worse. I thought LD had bad customization. Now I realize how grateful I should be.

Well it's more the characters your using that you can't put them in different worlds and it's more restricted to the Toy Box then anything.

Well it's more the characters your using that you can't put them in different worlds and it's more restricted to the Toy Box then anything.

To be honest, aside from the characters, the gameplay seems flat.

To be honest, aside from the characters, the gameplay seems flat.

I don't blame you honestly, while I did like Disney Infinity to start with it did get old for me after a while anyway. So I can understand that there's not that much to it for you in terms of gameplay.

So is there any single character that has deflect laser ability as well melt ice(laser i think)?

Wonder Woman deflects laser and her Invisible Jet, build 2, has laser that melts ice.