Sign in to follow this  
JINZONINGEN73

Bionicle story / character discussion topic.

Exactly, it's not like it's any inconvenience to you if BZP doesn't host the pictures, so what's to complain about? :P

In that vein though, I still remember the touch of horror that struck my body when I saw the Piraka prototypes. I'm much more happy with them now...the characters behind them (genuine Anti-Toa if I ever saw one) are very interesting.

Exactly, it's not like it's any inconvenience to you if BZP doesn't host the pictures, so what's to complain about? :P

In that vein though, I still remember the touch of horror that struck my body when I saw the Piraka prototypes. I'm much more happy with them now...the characters behind them (genuine Anti-Toa if I ever saw one) are very interesting.

I stand corrected. Brickshelf will always have them hidden somewhere, and BZP has great benefits.

As for the exclusive ties with GregF: he's a nice guy. I feel a bit bad for him with all those kids PMing him hundreds of messages a day. He does sacrifice alot, I guess.

But I must be honest, I don't like his style lately. And I say that with as much respect as possible. He's done some great things for BIONICLE, and BZP. But I'm not liking the whole "Makuta is a species", and "There's this certain amount of Toa." He kinda ruined the whole "Six Heroes, agaist One Powerful Villain" thing, which was a thing I loved about BIONICLE, back in the days. :-/

And again, I say this in a way to be corrected if I'm wrong, if I've got my facts mixed up.

Edited by Kynok

But I must be honest, I don't like his style lately. And I say that with as much respect as possible. He's done some great things for BIONICLE, and BZP. But I'm not liking the whole "Makuta is a species", and "There's this certain amount of Toa." He kinda ruined the whole "Six Heroes, agaist One Powerful Villain" thing, which was a thing I loved about BIONICLE, back in the days. :-/
I think even the truest of fans are annoyed by those aspects. I mean, 3,000 Toa? Wtf?

Just to let you know, that Makuta=species thing has been fact since 2001, we just didn't know it back then. Don't blame Greggie for it, blame our ex-Story Head.

Willing to bet that the idea that there were lots of Toa was going around back then too...I mean, come on, every single fan had a story about their own personal Toa who just happened to be around, it's not like anybody really wanted there to only be six.

Just to let you know, that Makuta=species thing has been fact since 2001, we just didn't know it back then. Don't blame Greggie for it, blame our ex-Story Head.

Well, that's the point. People here are upset about the entire storyline since 2004 or so. They wish that Bionicle hadn't become such a vast universe like it is now, and instead had stayed in a small area of a couple islands or so. In that since, Greg could be at fault, since when he got in charge the Bionicle universe started growing in size vastly. If you want to understand, just read Ravensburg's Bionicle Rewritten topic linked to in the Bionicle Index I made.

I disagree, of course, but what can I say? :-/

Seems like they would tell us in the very begining that Makuta is a species, rather that holding that info for another time. It just happens to come up with Greg.

And I can't help thinking that Greg makes stuff up on the spot. When a kid asks a question, he seems to have an answer to it. He has a answer to everything. I liked they idea in 2001 and 2002 that there was questions that you couldn't answer, and things you couldn't explain. But now, you ask Greg, and he says: "Girls and boys in the BIONICLE world aren't like the girls and boys here on Earth" or some other reason that makes you want to throw up.

I understand that we may be blaming Greg with things he has nothing to do with. But still. It all went down hill when he took over the Story Team. You can't help but be a little suspicious.

I don't know. It just seems he's read too many comic books to me, and he's trying to make it his own universe, rather than the fan's.

I don't know. It just seems he's read too many comic books to me, and he's trying to make it his own universe, rather than the fan's.

I heard he's also going to give Optimus flames.

(You get the idea... ugh.)

Then again, there are a lot of fans, and stuff that tries to cater too much to each of their tastes always fail.

In the meantime, somebody posted up 08 set pictures and nobody here has them. I am severely disappointed in you all.

From what I hear of the pictures, they were both pretty legit and gonna make a lotta people happy. Very Nuva-ish.

Edited by InnerRayg

Ooooh. I saw that topic. Maybe Google cached the page before it was edited....

Ooooh. I saw that topic. Maybe Google cached the page before it was edited....

Doubt it, but I've seen em. Didn't save the pictures and don't plan to release them.

In a nutshell:

The Nuva are the opposite end of what you all expected. They're the old Nuva with some new limbs.

New weapons...but not "new" weapons.

Look like same masks, but new molds.

Yeah, Pohatu's yellow, but he's still got some brown. Basically take what was Tan and turn it yellow.

He's not upside down, btw.

Basically, I'm gonna call either fake or really early prototypes.

Oh, and the Toa Ignika is gonna get you guys pissed. Yeah, it's got the Mask of Life, but not in the right color :D

On second thought, I'm going to call these fakes. There are no new peices. I think it's just a really well done mock-up.

Edited by InnerRayg

Oh damn. I must now go hunting for said pics.

Where were they initially posted?

BZP. If you do a Maj search you'll find it in two seconds, you just have to use logic. It's about Bionicle...it's in 2008....

Sounds easy enough.

Searching...

Searching...

Searching...

Aw, man. I forgot I'm mentally retarded.

>__<

Err, now that I think about it, you CAN just post them here y'know...

We don't get any perks from Lego, so no need to ditch on upcoming images.

Edited by JINZONINGEN 73

Sounds easy enough.

Searching...

Searching...

Searching...

Aw, man. I forgot I'm mentally retarded.

>__<

Err, now that I think about it, you CAN just post them here y'know...

We don't get any perks from Lego, so no need to ditch on upcoming images.

But I am staff on BZP, and I don't want to get hung for passing these along.

however, I've gotten enough information to almost definately say these are fake. The guy who posted them has posted elsewhere on a Polish website (he's polish, obviously), that they are not real.

In lieu of that, here's the [Gallery

FYI, you were supposed to search for BIONICLE2008

But I am staff on BZP, and I don't want to get hung for passing these along.

Ah. Didn't know that. Your concern is a real one.

FYI, you were supposed to search for BIONICLE2008

D'OH! lol

Thanks. It was nice of you to... EEEEYAGH! These sure LOOK fake!

And by that, they sure as hell BETTER be.

X D

Edited by JINZONINGEN 73

Nah, these aren't real, because bionicle pictures always either come out with or after the main system lineup pictures. Back in 2006, we got all the system pictures but had to wait a while longer before the Barraki.

Besides, although they guy who made them did a really good job at making the editing look real, the set designs are what give it away. Lewa is unchanged except for the ugly, fake technic wings, and you can easily tell Pohatu has Takanuva armor on him, and Takanuva armor is in a discontinued color. :-|

Confirmed by Greg to be fake. He says

No, those are not legit images. I know for a fact that there is no January set with the mask shown on the "Toa Lewa" pics. That looks like the mask from the figure on the cover of the BIONICLE World book, and we are not reusing old masks in 2008, they're all new shapes.

Bleh!

They're fake. Thay have to be. There'd be no point to live if they were real. And I'm still alive, obviously, so they must be fake.

That black winged guy looks decent, though.

Edited by Kynok

Completely fake, one of them is a ToM MOC.

It was said in the other topic, but thought I'd throw it in here too.

And that Greg quote almost sounds like confirmation on the Nuva...

<<DV>>

I hope that:

A. The masks aren't made of squishy rubber like the Inika ones.

B. The masks aren't made out of that junky-feeling plastic of the Nuva.

C. That they return to mask packs, generously tossing masks around in a TON of different colors.

D. That at LEAST one of them is / has trans goin' on.