Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

OOC: but this way someone will have to take a free hit from rattlesnake C- I thourght we were getting Minhak to target it?

OoC: Boris is aware of that. :wink:

The vampire bided his time, he knew exactly when to strike and waited for that most opportune moment.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Round One of the Random Snakes on a Not So Random Forest:

>Mhinak vs. Black Adder - Critical Hit (Black Adder: 63 health-(3x2+2= 8 damage)= 55 health)

>Germ vs. Black Adder - Special Damage (Deadly Poisonous Bite - Germ is Poisoned by 4)

>Nalguz vs. Rattlesnake D - Hide (Nalguz avoids damage for the remainder of the round)

>Rhyszicz vs. Rattlesnake A - Damage (Rhyszicz: 12 health-(3 damage)= 9 health)

Dog bites Black Adder (Black Adder: 55 health-(2 damage)= 53 health+ Bleeding by 1)

>Na'im vs. Rattlesnake B - Miss

>Boris vs. Black Adder - Damage (Boris:12 health-(5-2= 3 damage)= 9 health)

Rattlesnake C - Free hit on Mhinak (Mhinak: 7 health-(3÷2= 1 damage)= 6 health)

*Black Adder Bleeding (53 health-(1 damage)= 52 health)

*Germ Poisoned (12 health-(4 damage)= 8 health)

The round begins with Mhinak getting a critical hit on what appears to be the leader of the pack of snakes. The very same leader bites Germ and furiously injects some venom into his organs but wait he's like a demon thing then what does he have how should I know something. Nalguz, being an Arachanoid and clearly having a distaste for snakes, goes to hide in a bush. Rhyszics tries to shoot one of the snakes but unfortunately he just takes a bite out of one of them. His credentials as a professional hunter don't seem so real now, do they? His friend bites the Black Adder while Boris takes some damage from it. One of the Rattlesnakes goes so fast that Na'im can't seem to hit it. Mhinak takes a hit from one of the snakes that he specifically didn't want to target.

heroicafog-monster-blackadder.jpg

"Ssssss <Filthy Non-Slitherers, we shall send you all to Hissvetia!"

The Enemies:

heroicafog-monster-blackadder.jpgBlack Adder

*Immune to poisoned* *Bleeding by 1*

Type: Vermin

Level: 5

Health: 52/63

Special: Deadly Poisonous Bite – Causes the poisoned by 4-effect to the target

Drops: Deadly Venom

heroicafog-monster-redrattlesnake.jpgRed Rattlesnake A

Level: 3

Health: 37/37

Special: Constrict – The rattlesnake throttles the target, knocking it out after three rounds have passed unless the rattlesnake is defeated before it. The target can only attack the rattlesnake with close-ranged weapons.

Drops (varies by roll):

1: Phoenix Essence

2-3: Grand Potion

4-6: nothing

heroicafog-monster-redrattlesnake.jpgRed Rattlesnake B

Special: Constrict – The rattlesnake throttles the target, knocking it out after three rounds have passed unless the rattlesnake is defeated before it. The target can only attack the rattlesnake with close-ranged weapons.

Drops (varies by roll):

heroicafog-monster-redrattlesnake.jpgRed Rattlesnake C

Drops (varies by roll):

heroicafog-monster-redrattlesnake.jpgRed Rattlesnake D

Drops (varies by roll):

Party:

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 6

Power: 9 (6 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 9/14 (14)

Ether: 10/10 (10)

Gold: 3

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

Name -The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness* *Poisoned by 4*

Level - 6

Power - 11

Defense - 1

Health - 8/12

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

- Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- [Decamon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak, 40 Year Old Dwarf

Level 2 Ranger

Power: 5

Health: 6/7

Gold: 10

Equipment: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP:3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Emerald

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue.

Level 2

Health: 8/8

Gold: 0

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory:Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured), Potion, x2 Venom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 2

Health: 6/10

Max ether: 4/6

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff)

Inventory: Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg Warkboofhine (NPC, controlled by Goliath)

Type: Beast

Level 2

Health: 7/7

Attacks from the front deal the Bleeding: 1 effect to humanoids, beasts and vermin.

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpgRhyszicz Daanmokaar (NPC, controlled by Waterbrick Down)

39 years old male goblin Hunter *Immune to Doomed and Sudden Death*

Level 4

Power: 9

Health: 9/12

Gold:: 47

Equipment: Handmade Bow (WP: 5), Goblin Slave Collar (Immune to Doomed and Sudden Death; suitable to former or current goblin slaves), Teaching of the Direwolf (Grants Animal Talk; does not take up an artifact slot; suitable to Rhyszicz only)

Inventory: Contract for a Disturbance in the Eubric Forest, Remedy

1cpWsov.png

"Haha, eat that worm! Everyone, I think we should target each individual snake."

Mhinak shoots Red Rattlesnake A with Wooden Hand Cannon from Back Row.

Warkboofhine attacks Red Rattlesnake A from Front Row.

"Probably not a bad idea if you don't want to be bitten again." Boris swings again at the Black Adder from the front row. The cleric looks to the goblin. "Try that again and this time try hitting it."

Battle Order:

Boris

Mhinak

Germ

Nalguz

Goblin

Dog

Na'im

Na'im rolls his eyes at Germ "really a bit more care would be a good start-or will I have to end up healing you every five minutes?What do you say boss- shall I feed him this remedy here?" He adds to Boris

OOC: Germ can deal more damage than me so I think this is probably the better solution than him using a remedy on himself

"Haha, eat that worm! Everyone, I think we should target each individual snake."

NOW, you want to do that. :facepalm:

Na'im rolls his eyes at Germ "really a bit more care would be a good start-or will I have to end up healing you every five minutes?What do you say boss- shall I feed him this remedy here?" He adds to Boris

Yea, that is what I want a lot of poison in my system. :grin::thumbup::sarcasm_hmpf: Besides, I think I could handle it for a little bit.

Attacks Rattler C With "Etheral Deck" from the Back. Knowing my "luck" one of the other "snakes" would try to chock me.

OoC: I will use a remedy the next round if I need to.

Nalguz, having dodged the snake biting him, repeats.

Ooc-If allowed, could you RP it as dodging? I understand if not, but Nalguz wouldn't exactly hide, so much as dodge or retreat.

1cpWsov.png

"Do you two need a room? Let's kill these snakes first!"

Mhinak sarcastically says.

Round Two of the Random Snakes on a Not so Random Forest:

>Boris vs. Black Adder - Miss

>Mhinak vs. Red Rattlesnake A - Damage (Mhinak: 6 health-(3/2= 1 damage)= 5 health

>Germ vs. Red Rattlesnake C - Hide (Germ hides)

>Nalguz vs. Red Rattlesnake D - Critical Hit (Rattlesnake D: 37 health-(3x2+2= 8 damage)= 29 health)

>Rhyszicz vs. Red Rattlesnake A - Aim (Rattlesnake A: 37 health-(5 damage)= 32 health)

Warkboofhine bites Red Rattlesnake A (Rattlesnake A: 32 health-(2 damage)= 30 health and bleeding by 1)

>Na'im vs.Red Rattlesnake B - Shield (Miracle - Boris: 14 health - Germ: 12 health - Mhinak: 7 health - Na'im: 10 health - Rhyszicz: 12 health - Na'im: -1 ether)

Germ - Poisoned by 4 (12 health-(4 damage)= 8 health)

Black Adder - Bleeding by 1 (52 health-(1 damage)= 51 health)

Red Rattlesnake A - Bleeding by 1 (30 health-(1 damage)= 29 health

The round is one of absolute failure except for Nalguz who manages to get a really hard hit in and Na'im who calls upon a Miracle after seeing so much bad luck happen.

The Enemies:

Health: 51/63

heroicafog-monster-redrattlesnake.jpgRed Rattlesnake A *Bleeding by 1*

Health: 29/37

Drops (varies by roll):

Drops (varies by roll):

Drops (varies by roll):

Health: 29/37

Drops (varies by roll):

Party:

Level 6

Health: 14/14 (14)

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness* *Poisoned by 4*

Level - 6

Power - 11

Defense - 1

Health - 8/12

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- [Decamon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Level 2 Ranger

ava-nalguz.jpg

Level 2

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory:Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured), Potion, x2 Venom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 2

Health: 10/10

Max ether: 3/6

Level 2

Attacks from the front deal the Bleeding: 1 effect to humanoids, beasts and vermin.

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpgRhyszicz Daanmokaar (NPC, controlled by Waterbrick Down)

Level 4

Health: 12/12

Equipment: Handmade Bow (WP: 5), Goblin Slave Collar (Immune to Doomed and Sudden Death; suitable to former or current goblin slaves), Teaching of the Direwolf (Grants Animal Talk; does not take up an artifact slot; suitable to Rhyszicz only)

See we would have been best to leave the reptiles alone, we'll have little hope of catching up with the assassins now. We could throw a smoke bomb..." Boris swung again at the Black Adder from the front as the Goblin took aim at Red Rattlesnake A from the back row again.

Battle Order:

Germ

Goblin

Nalguz

Na'im

Mhinak

Dog

Boris

Mhinak shoots Red Rattlesnake B with Wooden Hand Cannon from Back Row.

Warkboofhine attacks Red Rattlesnake B from Front Row.

Na'im rolls his eyes "it's your funeral he says simply and repeats his previous attack

Aaaww, did I hurt your feelings?

"Do you two need a room? Let's kill these snakes first!"

What is with this "room"? Am I going to have to use it after you and Boris are done with it? :wacko:

*BEEP* it. My luck has go has go to hell. Use my Remedy on my self (from the back). As he continues to "hides" in one of the Trees, while he is still convinced that one of the "snakes" are going to chock him to death.

OoC: A dumb question, do I still have all my weapons ready to use?

Edited by samuraiturtle

Aaaww, did I hurt your feelings?

What is with this "room"? Am I going to have to use it after you and Boris are done with it? :wacko:

*BEEP* it. My luck has go has go to hell. Use my Remedy on my self (from the back). As he continues to "hides" in one of the Trees, while he is still convinced that one of the "snakes" are going to chock him to death.

Na'im chuckles softly "Not at all master germ, though you will probably be safer in that tree than here on the ground-at least that will keep you out of trouble for a little while"

Na'im repeats

QM Note: Yes. And it's not a dumb question. :wink:

Round Three of Random Snakes on a Not so Random Forest:

>Germ uses a remedy on himself (Poisoned is cured)

>Rhyszicz vs. Red Rattlesnake A - Aim (Red Rattlesnake A: 29 health-(5:WP= 5 damage)= 24 health)

>Nalguz vs. Red Rattlesnake D - Critical Hit (Red Rattlesnake D: 29-(1x2+2= 4 damage and no enamouring)= 25 health)

>Na'im vs. Red Rattlesnake B - Special Damage (Constrict: Na'im will be knocked out in three rounds!)

>Mhinak vs. Red Rattlesnake B - Damage (Mhinak: 7 health-(3/2= 1 damage)= 6 health)

Warkboofhine bites Red Rattlesnake B (Red Rattlesnake B: 37 health-(2 damage)= 35 health and bleeding by 1)

>Boris vs. Black Adder - Hit (Black Adder: 51 health-(3+6= 9 damage= 42 health)

Red Rattlesnake C - Free Hit on Germ (Germ: 8 health-(3/2= 1 damage)= 7 health)

Black Adder, Red Rattlesnake B and Red Rattlesnake A bleeding by 1 (All minus 1 health)

This next attack plan starts with the same amount of luck and unluck, especially with Na'im being threatened by a gigantic red snake.

The Enemies:

Health: 41/63

heroicafog-monster-redrattlesnake.jpgRed Rattlesnake A

*Bleeding by 1*

Health: 23/37

Drops (varies by roll):

*Bleeding by 1*

Health: 34/37

Drops (varies by roll):

Drops (varies by roll):

Health: 25/37

Drops (varies by roll):

Party:

Level 6

Health: 14/14 (14)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness*

Level - 6

Power - 11

Defense - 1

Health - 7/12

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Inventory -

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

1cpWsov.png

Level 2 Ranger

Health: 6/7

ava-nalguz.jpg

Level 2

Equipment: Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured)

Inventory: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger), Potion, x2 Venom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric *Constricted for 3 rounds!*

Level 2

Health: 10/10

Max ether: 3/6

Level 2

Level 4

Health: 12/12

Edited by Cutcobra

Na'im takes a deep breath "Well isn't that an awful bore. Go away you horrible beast-SHOO!" he says trying to sound bored and indifferent but failing miserably, as he looks around anxiously at his fellow heroes

Na'im repeats his attack

OOC: Dose this round count as one of the three rounds and will I still get a chance to attack on the third round?

QM Note: At the end of the round were you have only 1 round left, Na'im dies. Unless of course the snake is defeated.

heroicafog-monster-redrattlesnake.jpg

"Sssss <What? I don't have the human talk ability yet, sssso shut up and let me kill you!>"

Edited by Cutcobra

Red Rattlesnake C - Free Hit on Germ (Germ: 8 health-(3/2= 1 damage)= 7 health)

OoC: I got to ask, did you put in "SP" for that hit?

Na'im takes a deep breath "Well isn't that an awful bore. Go away you horrible beast-SHOO!" he says trying to sound bored and indifferent but failing miserably, as he looks around anxiously at his fellow heroes

Now, who needs "help"? Uses Darker Etheral Deck on Red Rattlesnake B (From the Back Row). Hold the "snake" still, while I attack it (Na'im).

OoC: Can constricted be Remedied? Also, does close ranged weapons mean things like swords, clubs, etc, or attacks from the front row?

Boris swings at the Adder again, "Everyone make sure you keep your snakes covered." The goblin repeats.

Battle Order:

Mhinak

Goblin

Germ

Na'im

Nalguz

Dog

Borris

Edited by Waterbrick Down

OoC: Can constricted be Remedied? Also, does close ranged weapons mean things like swords, clubs, etc, or attacks from the front row?

OoC: I thought the strangled could only attack the "snake" with close range attacks, ever one else could attack how ever they want to.

Now, who needs "help"? Uses Darker Etheral Deck on Red Rattlesnake B (From the Back Row). Hold the "snake" still, while I attack it (Na'im).

If that is not possible. I will use the "Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart" on the "Red Rattlesnake" with the highest "Health".

I am thinking "Mhinak" & the "Dog" are going to attack Rattlesnake C and/or D next. If that helps any.

Edited by samuraiturtle

Mhinak shoots Red Rattlesnake C with Wooden Hand Cannon from Back Row.

Warkboofhine attacks Red Rattlesnake C from Front Row

Edited by Goliath

"What's the matter with the third one, Mhinak?" Boris grits his teeth as he watches the dwarf again ignore an unoccupied snake.

OoC: In case it isn't clear, any enemy left untargetted will get a free-hit against the first person in the battle order, which is currently you. As the last one to post an action, it would be courteous to look at the actions of your fellow quest mates and fill in the gaps.