Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

Round Three of the Plant Revolution:

>Mhinak vs. Misty the Plantbinder - Damage (Mhinak: 6 health-1(3/2)= 5 Health)

>Dog bites Misty the Plantbinder (Misty: 15 health-1= 14 health and bleeding by 10)

>Boris vs. Misty the Plantbinder - Hit (Misty: 14 health-8= 6 health)

>Nalguz vs. Plant Beast C - Special Damage (Plant Smack! - Nalguz: 7 health-4= 3 health)

>Na'im vs. Plant Beast B - Shield (Miracle - 3x2+1= 7 health restored to all allies!)

>Germ vs. Plant Beast D - Critical Hit (Plant Beast D: 15 health-11(3x2+5)= 4 health - Plant Beast D is Level 1)

Misty the Plantbinder - Bleeding by 10 (6 health-10= 0 health - Misty KO'd)

Mhinak tries to shoot the ecologist but his handcannon gets stuck and the druid just ends up hitting him with an angry smack. The dog bites Misty yet again and her bleeding gets even worse. Boris smacks her in the head whilst taking a look at all the tasty blood that is pouring out of her. Nalguz almost gets crushed by the horrendous beast but Na'im bursts with healing power, almost saving the Arachanoid. Germ throws a Wrench into another beast's face and it gets weaker for no reason.

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast B

Type: Plant

Level: 2

Health: 6/15

Special: Plant Smack! - Hits the hero who rolled Special Damage for 4 Plant elemental damage.

Drops: Floral Bomb

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast C

Health: 11/15

Special: Plant Smack! - Hits the hero who rolled Special Damage for 4 Plant elemental damage.

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast D

Level: 2 1

Health: 4/15

Party:

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 5

Power: 8 (5 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 13/13 (13)

Ether: 9/9 (9)

Gold: 3

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

Name -The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness*

Level - 5

Power - 10

Defense - 1

Health - 11/11

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon)*THROWN*, Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon)*THROWN*, Darker Etheral Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]*THROWN*,

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy,

- Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- Decmon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak, 40 Year Old Dwarf

Level 1 Ranger

Power: 4

Health: 6/6

Gold: 10

Equipment: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP:3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue.

Level 1

Health: 7/7

Gold: 0

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory: Potion, x2 Venom, Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured).

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 1

Health: 9/9

Max ether: 5/5

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff)

Inventory: Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb Bedroll

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg Dog (Controlled by Goliath)

Type: Beast

Level 1

Attacks from the front deal the Bleeding: 5 effect to humanoids, beasts and vermin.

1cpWsov.png

"Now that the druid is dead, let's finish off her plant beasts."

Mhinak shoots Plant Beast C from Back Row with Wooden Hand Cannon

Dog attacks Plant Beast C from Front Row

Boris swings at Plant Monster B from the front row.

Battle Order:

>Mhinak

>Dog

Boris

Nalguz

Na'im

>Germ

Edited by Waterbrick Down

OoC: OK, got it. Must of missed the part that she was hiding in the back row.

Seeing that the "lizards" are being dealt with, he retrieves his weapons.

"Don't mention it my insectoid friend" Na'im says sarcastically throwing a winning look in Nalguz's direction

Na'im attacks plant beast D from the front row

OOC: Dose miracle no longer cost ether then- just basing this off the rules and FAQ thread

OoC: Enceladus, remember to bold your attack and to answer your question, I don't believe it does.

OoC: Enceladus, remember to bold your attack and to answer your question, I don't believe it does.

OOC: as I mentioned to cutcobra a few posts back I am posting from my phone where I can't bold things. And I am not complaining if miracle no longer costs ether!

OoC: I believe he was replying to his earlier comment not you, Goliath.

"You two want to get a room and chat this out later." Boris shoots back at the Dwarf and Fenarian.

QM Note: I am back from my trip and have wifi that actually works so except more frequent updates. :classic:

Round Four of the Plant Revolution:

>Mhinak vs. Plant Beast C - Damage (Mhinak: 6 health-1(2:1)= 5 health)

Dog bites Plant Beast C (Plant Beast C: 11-1= 10 health)

>Boris vs. Plant Beast B - Critical Hit (Plant Beast B: 6-11(3x2+5)= 0 health - Plant Beast B KO'D)

Nalguz does nothing

>Na'im vs. Plant Beast D - Special Damage (Plant Smack! - Na'im: 9-4= 5 health)

Germ retrieves his weapons

The next turn of attacks starts with Mhinak dropping his gunpowder, giving one of the plant beasts and opportunity to hit him, and the dog attacks the very same bunch-of-plants looking lizard. Boris lands a hit that could take someones teeth out, in this case branches and sticks, against another of the beasts, effectively killing it. Nalguz takes a moment to look at the scenery around him, taking in the fresh scenery of the forest and Germ retrieving his shiny weapons. Na'im, like the ranger dwarf, gets smacked but this time even harder by the last monstrosity of grass.

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast C

Health: 10/15

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast D

Level: 2 1

Health: 4/15

Party:

Level 5

Health: 13/13 (13)

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

Level - 5

Power - 10

Defense - 1

Health - 11/11

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer], Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- Decmon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Level 1 Ranger

Health: 5/6

ava-nalguz.jpg

Level 1

Inventory: Potion, x2 Venom, Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured).

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

Level 1

Health: 5/9

Max ether: 4/5

Level 1

Attacks from the front deal the Bleeding: 5 effect to humanoids, beasts and vermin.

"How about more stabbing and less gawking Nalguz." Boris spits sap out of his mouth as he whirls around and brings his mace down on Plant Monster C from the front row.

Battle Order

Nalguz

Na'im

Germ

Mhinak

Dog

Boris

Na'im gives Boris a fleeting look of suspicion- he hadn't said anything against the dwarf out loud had he? Granted, he didn't particularly like his mannerisms but then maybe this vampire was a psychic?

Na'im attacks plant beast D again from the front row

"You two want to get a room and chat this out later." Boris shoots back at the Dwarf and Fenarian.

Wonders what the hell he was going on about?

Then hollers at "Boris": Maybe you should let me go first. Holding out his Wrench aiming it at Pant Beast C (from the back row).

Round Five of the Plant Revolution:

>Nalguz vs. Plant Beast C - Hit (Plant Beast C: 10-4(3+1)= 6 health)

>Na'im vs. Plant Beast D - Critical Hit (Plant Beast D: 4-7= 0 health - Plant Beast D KO'd!)

>Germ vs. Plant Beast C - Damage (Germ: 11-1(2:2)= 10 health)

>Mhinak vs. Plant Beast C - Special Damage (Plant Smack! - Mhinak: 5-2(4:2)= 3 health)

Dog bites Plant Beast C (Plant Beast C: 6-1= 5 health)

>Boris vs. Plant Beast C - Special Damage (Plant Smack! - Boris: 13-2(4-2)= 11 health)

Nalguz gets back to his senses and slashes the plant beast with his liquIdy "Façade" thing. Whatever that means. I don't speak charisian. Na'im also manages to finally hit something, and also manages to kill something. The next round of actions aren't as lucky, though, as Germ gets hit lightly while Boris and Mhinak really get it this time. The dog also manages to take a small chunk of vines from the beast. The remaining beast starts doing a sound that could be described as laughing in a forest-y way.

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpg

"HAR HAR HAR! ROAR!!! <HAHAHA! I FIGHT HUMANS BETTER THAN GODDESS. I GOD! FROM NOW ON, I BE CALLED CAMPSICUMUS THE MIGHTY!>"

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgCapsicumus the Mighty (Plant Beast C)

Health: 5/15

Party:

Level 5

Health: 9/13 (13)

Level - 5

Power - 10

Defense - 1

Health - 10/11

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

1cpWsov.png

Level 1 Ranger

Health: 3/6

ava-nalguz.jpg

Level 1

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

Level 1

Health: 5/9

Max ether: 4/5

Level 1

Edited by Cutcobra

Na'im sighs "Need a bit of health master dwarf?" he says casually, allowing himself a slight smirk, as he concentrates on healing Minhak

"HAR HAR HAR! ROAR!!! <HAHAHA! I FIGHT HUMANS BETTER THAN GODDESS. I GOD! FROM NOW ON, I BE CALLED CAMPSICUMUS THE MIGHTY!>"

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer], Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

OoC: Did I magicly get two "Darker Ethereal Deck"s because that would be cool. :thumbup::grin:

If I was you, I would not get to cocky. Their is 1,2,3,4,5,6 of us and one of you. Plus, that attack you gave me, did not hurt that much.

(From the back) I get my "Rito Dart" ready or the second "Darker Ethereal Deck". :devil:

edit - Psst, you might want to check round 4 of the "plant revolution" cutcobra. :wink:

Edited by samuraiturtle

OoC: Could I be healed by Na'im or should I use a potion? This will judge my next move.

OoC: Cutcobra, the general convention is that special damage takes SP and Row into account unless stated otherwise. Thus conventionally Boris would receive 2 Damage (13 HP + 2SP - 4 Wood elemental damage = 11 HP remaining).

Boris cleans himself off from the leaves and debris. "Mhinak, let Na'im patch you up." Boris leveled his mace at Capsicumus from the front row. "The mighty indeed. Speaking from experience, survivability does not grant you invincibility my friend."

Battle Order:

Germ

Nalguz

Na'im

Mhinak

Dog

Boris

Round Five of the Plant Revolution:

>Germ vs. Plant Beast C - Damage (Germ: 11-1(2:2)= 10 health)

OoC: I was wondering if I should even been down 1 health, because the enemy level is 2 and I attacked from the back row plus I have 1SP from the Shadow Cloak. And can you tell me what the (2:2) represent in the equation?

OoC: I was wondering if I should even been down 1 health, because the enemy level is 2 and I attacked from the back row plus I have 1SP from the Shadow Cloak. And can you tell me what the (2:2) represent in the equation?

QM Note: Fixed. The : means to divide, at least in Argentina where I come from. Sorry but I thought that's how every country did it. I'll be using the ÷ from now on to avoid further confusion.

Round Six of the Plant Revolution:

>Germ vs. Capsicumus the Mighty (Plant Beast C) - Hit (Capsicumus: 5-8(5+3)= 0 health - Capsicumus the Mighty KO'd!

Germ swiftly ends the short regime of Capsicumus the Mighty with a nice throw of his dart.

Loot:

heroica-phoenixessence.jpg3x Phoenix Essences

heroica-emerald.jpgEmerald

heroica-floralbomb.jpg4x Floral Bombs

All the heroes gain one level. Party leader, please distribute the loot.

Party:

Level 6

Power: 9 (6 + 3)

Health: 12/14 (14)

Ether: 10/10 (10)

Level - 6

Power - 11

Defense - 1

Health - 12/12

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- [Decamon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Level 2 Ranger

Power: 5

Health: 4/7

ava-nalguz.jpg

Level 2

Health: 8/8

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

Level 2

Health: 6/10

Max ether: 5/6

Level 2

As the heroes calm down, they notice that all the vines that were blocking their path are now gone. They decide to go to the very same spot they were before.

heroicaquest128-forest1.jpg

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg

"Woof! <Please, help me save my friend! Now that the way is open we can go in! I'll even give you some of my most prized treasures and my friends will surely help you do whatever you are doing!>"

The two paths that were blocked before are now open. The blood trail led to the path in the middle, but the canine was insisting to go in the left path.

What will the party do?

Boris eyed the trail ahead stained red. "The blood leads straight ahead, I suggest we follow before we're too late. The canine is free to help his master now on his own."

Loot Distribution:

Boris: Floral Bomb

Na'im: Phoenix Essence

Nalguz: Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

Mhinak: Emerald

Germ: Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb