Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

The dog leads the heroes into the only available path to go.

They see a blonde woman accompanied by two... they couldn't really know what they were.

12041918944_723a76deae_o.jpg

"Oh, lovely dog! Come to me so I can make you one with me as I promised!"

She then notices the heroes.

"Wait, who are these pests! I don't want any humans to harm my lovely forest! I'm tired of it!"

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpg12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpg

"ROOOARR!!!!"

The woman and the two beasts looked at the heroes with a threatening look on their faces.

"'A triple tied knot is not easily undone.' Vanities stanza 4 line 12. Na'im will stick with the group, Mhinak. Don't let your perception of those on four legs blind you to the assassins on two."

Na'im sighs, "very well master Burehalv, I am at your command as ever"

As the dog leads the party right into the Druid's arms, Na'im gives a smug look at Minhak "I am not a big one for gloating, but I did tell you he couldn't be trusted" he says innocently

At the Druids remark Na'im scoffs: "I am not a human madam, nor would I ever want to be one- and I can hardly believe that you are the legal owner of this woodland"

Boris glances at the other cleric as they follow the dog. "Good to hear."

Coming upon the druid the vampire rolls his eyes. "Lady now isn't really the time. Who's been harming your forest?" Boris eyed the lizard men warily, his hand curled around the shaft of his mace.

At the Druids remark Na'im scoffs: "I am not a human madam, nor would I ever want to be one- and I can hardly believe that you are the legal owner of this woodland"

"Humans, pale humans, you are all the same! All you do is harm the beautiful flows of nature! I do not know what legal means, but the righteous owners of this forest are the plants and the beasts! I am just here to enforce that rule, and I should have grown more vines to make sure you keep out."

Coming upon the druid the vampire rolls his eyes. "Lady now isn't really the time. Who's been harming your forest?" Boris eyed the lizard men warily, his hand curled around the shaft of his mace.

"You humans have been harming the animal's gorgeous forest! Not long ago, a human with pointy ears, a small human with a beard and one fiery being passed though here. Imagine what that fiery being could have done with the whole woods! I am going to make sure no humans come through here anymore! Go for their throats and leave the dog alone!"

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

12041918944_723a76deae_o.jpgMisty The Plantbinder

*Immune to Plant elemental attacks*

Type: Humanoid

Level: 3

Health: 40/40

Ether: 3/3

Special I: Overgrowth - Summons 1-3 Plant Beasts and restores the remaining ones to full health. Costs 1 Ether for the summon and 1 ether for healing.

Special II: Summon Plant Vines - Misty summons big vines for all her allies that give 1-3 defense for each ally. Costs 1 ether.

Special III: Plant Wrap - Wraps a random enemy in plants, making them Hexed for 1 round and Bound. Costs 1 ether.

Special IIII: Soothe - Restores all ether. Used only when there is no ether left.

Drops: 3x Phoenix Essence, Emerald

NOTE: Fights from the back row but will become Enraged if a Plant Beast or the dog is killed.

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast A

Type: Plant

Level: 2

Health: 15/15

Special: Plant Smack! - Hits the hero who rolled Special Damage for 4 plant elemental damage.

Drops: Floral Bomb

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast B

Special: Plant Smack! - Hits the hero who rolled Special Damage for 4 plant elemental damage.

Party:

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 5

Power: 8 (5 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 13/13 (13)

Ether: 9/9 (9)

Gold: 146

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 2 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

Name -The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness*

Level - 5

Power - 10

Defense - 1

Health - 11/11

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Etheral Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer] ,

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy,

- Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- Decmon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak, 40 Year Old Dwarf

Level 1 Ranger

Power: 4

Health: 6/6

Gold: 10

Equipment: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP:3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue.

Level 1

Health: 7

Gold: 0

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory: Potion, x2 Venom, Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured).

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 1

Health: 9/9

Max ether: 5/5

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy, Smoke Bomb Bedroll

Dog

Type: Beast

Level 1

Attacks deal the Bleeding effect to humanoids, beasts and vermin.

Edited by Cutcobra

Boris hefted his mace at Misty from the front row. "Yeh, whatever you say sweetheart. Germ, stick a pin in the old cushion. The rest of you think you can deal with the walking shrubberies? Mhinak, you want to sick the dog on the windbag?" The vampire lunged at the druid, he was feeling hungry.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

1cpWsov.png

"Lady, you're starting to piss me off. I'm am a Dwarf! Quit you're talking and prepare to meet your fate, hippie!"

Mhinak shoots Misty with Wooden Hand Cannon from Back Row.

Ooc: Waterbrick, the dog isn't an attack option so I can't deal with him and if I do, I'll have to deal with PETA. Also, the dog doesn't seem to have lead us into a trap.

OoC: From the way Cutcobra worded it, the dog is on our side and we can direct its actions. Since Mhinak has animal talk, Boris is asking him to direct the dog to attack Misty. Cutcobra, feel free to correct any misunderstanding.

"Just tell the pooch to take a bite out of the druid."

Nalguz' eyes glazed over.

"AnD i? Am I a HUmAn WHo mUsT dIE fOr wHAt i hAvE doNE?"

As he speaks, he lashes out with his weapon, this time in the guise of a whip, attacking Plant beast A from the back row.

Na'im raises an eyebrow "pale human? And what dose that make you madam? By what right do you claim to represent this forest?"

He sighs and brings the Lucerna Beautus down on plant beast B from the front row with a grunt

"Let me attack towards the end master Burehalv- who knows perhaps the spirit of Lady Luck will shine upon me and a miricale may happen, hmm?"

OOC: posting from my phone again so no bold actions for me. I am assuming on rolls of damage, enemies hit with strength equal to their level? Oh and are specials 1-3 decided by die roll?

"Any time Germ." Boris shouts out.

The half-demon stirs removing a card from his Etheral Throwing Deck and launches it at Misty from the back row. The dog also joins in the fray snapping at Misty from the front row.

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg

<Speak for yourself lady.>

Battle Order:

>Germ vs. Misty (Darker Etheral Deck)

>Mhinak vs. Misty (Wooden Hand cannon)

Dog vs. Misty

Boris vs. Misty (Simple Mace)

Nalguz vs. Plant Beast A (Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip)

Na'im vs. Plant Monster B (Lucerna Beautus)

Not long ago, a human with pointy ears, a small human with a beard and one fiery being passed though here.

How about you tell us where they went.

"Any time Germ." Boris shouts out.

The half-demon stirs removing a card from his Etheral Throwing Deck and launches it at Misty from the back row.

Sorry, I was thinking.

Are you sure you do not want me to use this? Holding out a wrench, then said "I guess, I will use it next time."

OoC: I will use the Wrench the next round form the back at Misty (or Plant Beast A).

Edited by samuraiturtle

QM Note: Sorry for the confusion everyone. I was in a hurry since I was writing this from a cafe (as I said, no wifi in my room). I'll clear everything up.

OOC: posting from my phone again so no bold actions for me. I am assuming on rolls of damage, enemies hit with strength equal to their level? Oh and are specials 1-3 decided by die roll?

QM Note: Yes, the enemies hit with equal strength to their level. And no, specials are chosen randomly (random number generator).

Nalguz' eyes glazed over.

"AnD i? Am I a HUmAn WHo mUsT dIE fOr wHAt i hAvE doNE?"

1cpWsov.png

"Lady, you're starting to piss me off. I'm am a Dwarf! Quit you're talking and prepare to meet your fate, hippie!"

"Short humans with beards, humans with strange skin and legs, as I've said: You are all the same!"

Round One of the Plant Revolution:

>Germ vs. Misty the Plantbinder - Hit (Misty: 40 health-12(5+7)= 28 health)

>Mhinak vs. Misty the Plantbinder - Shield (Tripleshot! - Misty: 28 health-4(3+1)= 24 health - Plant Beast A and B: 15 health-4= 11 health)

Dog bites Misty (Misty: 24-1 = 23 health and Bleeding)

>Boris vs. Misty - Miss

>Nalguz vs. Plant Beast A - Critical Hit (Plant Beast A: 11 health-3(1x2+1)= 8 health and no Enamoring)

>Na'im vs. Plant Beast B - Special Damage (Plant Smack! - Na'im: 9 health-4 Plant elemental damage= 5 health)

Misty - Bleeding (23 health-5= 18 health)

The heroes really weaken their enemies as Germ throws some dark cards at Misty and the dog bites her so hard she starts to bleed. Mhinak shoots three bullets with his wooden cannon. Boris also wanted to join in the fun of hitting the hostile druid but he simply missed. Nalguz and Na'im aim to hit the Plant Beasts, with the former succeeding well and the latter taking a hard bushy hit.

*Immune to Plant elemental attacks* *Bleeding for 3 Rounds*

Health: 18/40

Ether: 3/3

Special I: Overgrowth - Summons 1-3 Plant Beasts and restores the remaining ones to full health. Costs 1 Ether for the summon and 1 ether for healing.

Special II: Summon Plant Vines - Misty summons big vines for all her allies that give 1-3 defense for each ally. Costs 1 ether.

Special III: Plant Wrap - Wraps a random enemy in plants, making them Hexed for 1 round and Bound. Costs 1 ether.

Special IIII: Soothe - Restores all ether. Used only when there is no ether left.

NOTE: Fights from the back row but will become Enraged if a Plant Beast or the dog is killed. Specials chosen randomly.

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast A

Health: 8/15

Special: Plant Smack! - Hits the hero who rolled Special Damage for 4 Plant elemental damage.

Health: 11/15

Special: Plant Smack! - Hits the hero who rolled Special Damage for 4 Plant elemental damage.

Party:

Level 5

Gold: 3

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

Level - 5

Power - 10

Defense - 1

Health - 11/11

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Etheral Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer] ,

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- Decmon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Level 1 Ranger

ava-nalguz.jpg

Level 1

Inventory: Potion, x2 Venom, Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured).

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

Level 1

Health: 5/9

Inventory: Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb Bedroll

heroicaquest128-dog.jpgDog (Controlled by Goliath)

Level 1

Edited by Cutcobra

"Short humans with beards, humans with strange skin and legs, as I've said: You are all the same!"

Round One of the Plant Revolution:

>Germ vs. Misty the Plantbinder - Hit (Misty: 40 health-17(5x2+7)= 23 health)

Then what the hell are you, "lady"? Then spotted the gem she was using and thought "That looks nice". :devil:

Now is the time. But, she does not looks as hurt as I first thought. Uses the "Rito Dart" on "Misty" (or Plant Beast B) from the back.

OoC: I do not want to mess you math up. But it looks like you put up "critical hit" for damage but it is marked as "hit". :def_shrug:

Plus, Na'im looks like he is short a tonic.

Edited by samuraiturtle

OoC: I do not want to mess you math up. But it looks like you put up "critical hit" for damage but it is marked as "hit". :def_shrug:

Plus, Na'im looks like he is short a tonic.

QM Note: Fixed. I thought the Darker Ethereal Deck was darkness elemental since it said "Darker" so, my bad.

Na'im spits some a clod of turf out of his mouth and struggles to his feet- he couldn't remember the last time he's been beaten about this badly

Na'im repeats his attack

Nalguz' metal reformed around his hand, becoming a dagger.

"Let'S sEE iF yOu liKE tHe tASte oF pURe dEaTH, yOu... BeASt."

Attacks from the front row, with his dagger facade, stabbing the same monster.

OoC: Just noticed that Boris should only have 3 gold.

Boris regained his feet and swung again from the front row. "Good to know, I'd hate to harm a reasonable person."

Battle Order:

>Germ vs. Misty (Rito Dart)

>Mhinak vs. Plant Beast A

Dog vs. Plant Beast B

Nalguz vs. Plant Beast A (Liquid Metal Dagger)

Mhinak shoots Plant Beast A from Back Row with Wooden Hand Cannon

Dog attacks Plant Beast B from Front Row

Round Two of the Plant Revolution:

>Germ vs. Misty the Plantbinder - Special Damage (Overgrowth - Plant Beast C and D join the battle - Misty -1 ether)

>Boris vs. Misty the Plantbinder - Hit (Misty: 18 health-3((3+5)/2)= 15 health)

>Mhinak vs. Plant Beast A - Shield (Tripleshot - Plant Beast A: 8 health-4(3+1)= 4 health - Plant Beast B: 11 health-4(3+1)= 7 health - Plant Beast C: 15 health-4(3+1)= 11 health)

Dog bites Plant Beast B (Plant Beast: 7 health-1= 6 health)

>Nalguz vs. Plant Beast A - Hit (Plant Beast A: 4 health-4(3+1)= 0 health - Misty is Enraged)

>Na'im vs. Plant Beast B - Miss

Misty - Bleeding (11 health-5= 6 health)

The next round doesn't start so well as Misty appears to chant something as the forest around them grows even more to shape up two more Plant Beasts. Boris smacks his face into Misty and Mhinak shoots three of the monstrous Plant Beasts. The dog bites a plant beast while Na'im loses balance and misses it. Nalguz notices that another plant beast does not like the taste of death and Misty becomes furious.

*Immune to Plant elemental attacks* *Bleeding for 2 Rounds!* *Enraged!*

Health: 15/40

Ether: 2/3

NOTE: Fights from the back row but will become Enraged if a Plant Beast or the dog is killed. Specials chosen randomly.

Health: 6/15

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast C

Health: 11/15

12041499545_aaf1d7e00f_o.jpgPlant Beast D

Party:

Level 5

Gold: 3

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

Level - 5

Power - 10

Defense - 1

Health - 11/11

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon)*THROWN*, Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Etheral Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]*THROWN*,

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

1cpWsov.png

Level 1 Ranger

ava-nalguz.jpg

Level 1

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

Level 1

Health: 5/9

Inventory: Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb Bedroll

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg Dog (Controlled by Goliath)

Level 1

Edited by Cutcobra

1cpWsov.png

"Would you kindly die, Misty?"

Mhinak shoots Misty from Back Row with Wooden Hand Cannon

Dog attacks Misty from Front Row

OoC: I think you have "Boris" fighting from the back row when he was going to fight from the front row.

And does "Bleeding" takes off 5HP? I like to make sure I am reading it right.

Seriously, more "plant lizards".

Wrench at Plant Beast D (Back); then retrieve weapons {next round}.

Edited by samuraiturtle

Na'im blinks- he'd missed again! Sighing briefly he gives his spectacles a brief polish and makes sure they were adjusted right.

He then repeats his attack for the third time

OoC: I think you have "Boris" fighting from the back row when he was going to fight from the front row.

And does "Bleeding" takes off 5HP? I like to make sure I am reading it right.

QM Note: Boris attacked from the front row with a melee weapon while Misty was in the back row, so I halved the damage. And, yes, Bleeding does take off 5 damage per round.

OoC: Just a reminder, bleeding is like poisoning, so in the case of the dog it should be Bleeding 5

Boris brought his mace crashing into the druids side before he sprang back. He smiled at the sight of the blood staining the plant wizard's robes. Swinging again the cleric lunged at Misty from the front row.

Battle Order:

>Mhinak vs. Misty (Small Hand Cannon)

Dog vs. Misty

Nalguz vs. Plant Monster C (Dagger)

>Germ vs. Plant Beast D (Wrench)

Sorry, thought I posted.

Nalguz swings his dagger at plant beast C.

"EnJoY yOUr trIp," he shouted, swinging his dagger at the beasts feet.