Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

"Anybody hit or see anything?"

Returning back to the group. And feeling a little annoyed that he apparently could not do anything right.

You mean besides the "Red Light"? It look like one of the "assassin". The "light" ran off in to the forest. Not sure what the deal with the "vines" are, probably just to mess with us.

Boris paused a moment, "Wait how did whatever it was in here get out? It obviously came through the window." The vampire pointed to the broken glass above the door, "but with everybody covering an exit how did it escape?" Boris looked outside to check if the vines blocked off the entire front of the house.

Boris paused a moment, "Wait how did whatever it was in here get out? It obviously came through the window." The vampire pointed to the broken glass above the door, "but with everybody covering an exit how did it escape?" Boris looked outside to check if the vines blocked off the entire front of the house.

The vines were not surrounding the house but instead were going through, apparently, all of the Eubric Forest. They could still enter it, though.

"Wait how did whatever it was in here get out? It obviously came through the window."

It could of just went out the same way it came in. But, just to please the "Vampire", Germ checks out the cabin with the Magnifying Glass again. Then stated: We better hurry if we are going to get the assassins. Edited by samuraiturtle

But, just to please the "Vampire", Germ checks out the cabin with the Magnifying Glass again.

After he is done checking out (with the magnifying glass) the inside and outside of the cabin. He is ready to move on.

"So we're looking for something that can fly then. Finish up outside then and we'll head off."

I do not remember saying anything about "flying". And, wonders why the "others" are so quite.

1cpWsov.png

"I have not heard the flapping of any wings so I don't think we're dealing with some sort of bird. I want to find out what that red light is though. Staying in here is maybe not the wisest choice, it's a bit cramped in here. Shall we go investigate the Red Light?"

After he is done checking out (with the magnifying glass) the inside and outside of the cabin. He is ready to move on.

As Germ looks through the house, he finds that the other broken window, the one that Mhinak was watching over, also has blood stains.

As they get out of the house, they find that there are three paths: The one that goes to the front, the one that goes to the left and the one that goes to the right.

Germ finds blood stains that lead to the front side of the forest.

Na'im shivers from the cold and stomps back over to the others who were standing outisde the house

"Lets get this over with" he says irritably "It seems we are faced with at least two assilnants, who have split up to reduce our chances of recovering the cure- one seems to have fled into the forest, judging from these...stains, and we don't know where the other went, so it seems a logical choice to start searchnig there. And what has that demon got himself into?" he says, looking around for Germ, who seems to have walked off

OOC: Just basing this off what Cutcobra has given us- I'm hardly very good at visualising things, so feel free to correct me :classic:

1cpWsov.png

"I think we should follow the blood on the ground. Surely it'll lead to somewhere, like a base. That seems like our only lead so far."

"Lets get this over with" he says irritably "It seems we are faced with at least two assilnants, who have split up to reduce our chances of recovering the cure- one seems to have fled into the forest, judging from these...stains, and we don't know where the other went, so it seems a logical choice to start searchnig there. And what has that demon got himself into?" he says, looking around for Germ, who seems to have walked off

So, they are not mute.

I am not that far ahead. And besides my "senses" are probably better than your guys (senses).

Then he went back to following the blood trail, keeping his magnifying glass ready to use.

And then asked: Did they split up? Their is two bloody windows.

The party decides to follow the trail of blood.

At one point in the forest, they are stopped by a huge vine blocking their path. A vine was also blocking the left side but the right side remained open. A hound was there too.

heroicaquest128-forest1.jpg

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg

"Woof! Woof! Bark!"

To all the other heroes, the dog would be seen as a normal dog. But to Mhinak and his ranger skills the dog looked distressed.

What will the party do?

Mhinak walks towards the dog and checks him.

1cpWsov.png

"What's the matter boy? What is it?"

With his animal talking skills, Mhinak approached the dog.

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg

"Woof. Woof! <At last, someone who understands me! You have to help me, please! Me and my master were after some 'crazy hippie druid', as our contractors put it, but he got attacked by snakes and before I could help him some big vine blocks my path! The 'crazy hippie druid' left her path open for me, though, saying I am some poor abused creature. But I'm too scared to go in there. Can you help me? Please please please!"

Nalguz look on, almost fascinated, as Mihnak converses with the dog.

***I may have to look into this,*** he notes.

Ooc-*** is thoughts.

Mhinak responds to the Dog.

1cpWsov.png

"Alright, we'll help you out. Just lead the way."

Now Mhinak tells the party.

1cpWsov.png

"The Dog said his owner got attacked by some snakes and a hippie druid blocked the path with vines before he could help his owner. Let's go help him out."

Ooc-*** is thoughts.

OoC; Welcome back. I think "italic" works too for thoughts.

Let's go help him out."

I guess so, not the best use of time. But, they might of seen something.

Mhinak looks at Boris with one eyebrow raised.

1cpWsov.png

"I highly doubt a dog would set up a trap with a druid who probably doesn't understand the dog. We should help the dog and his owner and find out what the owner knows. Maybe he can tells something about these assassins in the area."

"I'd imagine a druid wouldn't have any issues communicating with a canine. Tell the dog to lead on, but if he pulls a fast one he shall meet a painful end."

Mhinak responds to the Dog.

1cpWsov.png

"Alright, we'll help you out. Just lead the way."

Now Mhinak tells the party.

1cpWsov.png

"The Dog said his owner got attacked by some snakes and a hippie druid blocked the path with vines before he could help his owner. Let's go help him out."

"Oh please!" moans Na'im "It is only a dog master Minhak! We have a contract anyway, and for some reason I do not think this dog is going to pay us for our troubles. Besides those theives are probaly halfway back to their hideout by now. We simply do not have time for this" he says firmly folding his arms in defiance

Boris looked at the dwarf, "He said all that? How do we know he ain't leading us into a trap set by this druid?"

"Exactly!" exclaims Na'im, glad for some back up "I do not believe this canine is sincere, after all it all seems a bit too convenient-why would this duid just let him 'get away', but apprehend his master?"

Mhinak looks at Boris with one eyebrow raised.

1cpWsov.png

"I highly doubt a dog would set up a trap with a druid who probably doesn't understand the dog. We should help the dog and his owner and find out what the owner knows. Maybe he can tells something about these assassins in the area."

Na'im sighs "Minhak these are probaly expert asassians. They have trained all their lives in techniques of stealth-what are the chances this man just happened to 'glance upon' one?"

"The vines surrounding the house were caused by the druid, if he's working with the assassins, he's our best shot. Aside from him I can't see a better lead."

Mhinak folds his arms across his chest and places his right hand on his face and shakes his head while looks at the cleric, Na'im.

1cpWsov.png

"By all means, you are welcome to stay back if you do not trust the dog. The dog has no reason to trick us and if by any chance it's a trap, we deal with it and carry on with our mission. Besides, I'm always looking for new animal pelts. So if anyone else wants to stay behind in the darkness, feel free."

Mhinak follows the dog.

"'A triple tied knot is not easily undone.' Vanities stanza 4 line 12. Na'im will stick with the group, Mhinak. Don't let your perception of those on four legs blind you to the assassins on two."