Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

heroicaquest128-alchemist.jpg

"Very well then. If even one of my books gets scratched you will regret it your whole life."

Ralli approaches his nephew with a bag of scrolls in one hand and the potion in another. With sweat on his forehead, he starts casting spells at Rillo.

[On the right side of the house, Germ notices a strange red light producing a lot of smoke. The smoke was headed for the house, and it came from the Eubric Forest.

On the front side of the house, Na'im, Boris and Nalguz notice the trees of the Eubric Forest shaking.

What will the party do?

"You dwarfs and your curiousness. Past that hole is the outside and the Eubric Forest. Nothing more."

"We shall, indeed."

Says Ralli with more than bitterness in his tone.

Na'im laughs at Rallis first quote "Oh indeed master bookeater, that is only too true: Here in Fenario there is a saying, Dwarves statue are as short as their memory span!"

Slightly taken bac kby allis tone, Na'im dose notghing more thn raise an eyebrow briefly

Good question, some sort of "Demon", do not ask me what kind. Of course, I never seen your kind before. But, that is not saying much.

"I see" Na'im says his voice measured in tone "We fenarians are rarely seen outside of our homeland, most of which is underground anyway so I am hardly surprised-I myself am only here, because I am an outcast" Memories flood Na'ims head but he shakes them away-they were too painful to dwell upon

As Na'im sees the trees of Eubric forest shaking he swallows "What have I got myself into?" he mutters low enough that only those with acute hearing could possibly overhear. He turns to Boris "Wel then master Burehlav, it seems our first trial is upon us-do we hold the fort or go out to confront them (whoever they are)?" he says with a slight challenge in his tone, as if he was sizing up Boris' sutiability for the position of party leader, and perhaps trying to mask his own fears.

"Hold your ground, it's only a bit of shivering timber. If it's red assassins, there isn't going to be a way around it, either they die, or we do." Boris hefted his mace waiting for the assailants to reveal themselves.

Germ holds his position, but readies his dart, "We've got company."

"You don't say" Na'im says a bit more harshly than was necesary, his voice rich in sarcasm

The party on the front side of the house chooses to ignore the shaking forest. After what seemed like a long time, even though it was five seconds, long, thick vines begin to sprout from the ground of the Forest and go around it. Almost covering all of surrounding all of it with them. The vines do not head towards the house, though.

Germ choose to ignore the growing smoke coming from the bright red light. Because of this, the glow grows even brighter and the smoke covers up the whole right side of the house. Only the light is visible. The smoke kept growing.

What will the party do?

After watching his companions run around like headless chickens, Nalguz gazes at the vines coming out of the forest. He looks to his party leader for advice, with a hint of derision on his face.

"Doc, you about finished up in there?" Boris looked at the spiderling, "Unless you can speak to plants we're staying put."

Germ looked about for a bellows to attempt blowing the smoke away.

Boris looked at the spiderling, "Unless you can speak to plants we're staying put."

Germ looked about for a bellows to attempt blowing the smoke away.

Maybe he want to eat them.

If Germ can not find "anything" get rid of the smoke, he will try using his "Shadow Cloak" as a fan.

What is this "Red Light" .... is it a "Fire Monster"?

"Doc, you about finished up in there?" Boris looked at the spiderling, "Unless you can speak to plants we're staying put."

"Shut your mouth and stop distracting me! I'm almost done curing it! Bags and bags of gold, here I come!"

The Forest seemed to calm down now and was no longer moving. The huge vines were still there, though.

If Germ can not find "anything" get rid of the smoke, he will try using his "Shadow Cloak" as a fan.

Germ did not find anything so he just blew at it with his Shadow Cloak. It did not work. The smoke was apparently magical. The light in the Eubric Forest keeps glowing and the smoke now covers the right, front and possibly back side of the house. Only the left side remained.

Since Germ is too busy trying to deal with smoke, Mhinak hears a 'thud' from the bookcase, where the hole was at. He then hears a small "ouch".

What will the party do?

1cpWsov.png

"Uhh, hmm. Everyone, keep your eyes open, we've got company!"

Mhinak readies his Hand Cannon.

Seeing the vines weren't causing any trouble, Boris moved back inside. "Whatever that noise was, shoot it. Doc, if you haven't noticed we're being surrounded. You may finish your cure, but if you're going to die right afterwards then it isn't going to be much of a help."

"Shut your mouth and stop distracting me! I'm almost done curing it! Bags and bags of gold, here I come!"

The Forest seemed to calm down now and was no longer moving. The huge vines were still there, though.

Germ did not find anything so he just blew at it with his Shadow Cloak. It did not work. The smoke was apparently magical. The light in the Eubric Forest keeps glowing and the smoke now covers the right, front and possibly back side of the house. Only the left side remained.

Since Germ is too busy trying to deal with smoke, Mhinak hears a 'thud' from the bookcase, where the hole was at. He then hears a small "ouch".

What will the party do?

Na'im lets out a large breath he had been holding inside him. He gives a shaky laugh now that he forest had stopped moving "Well gentlemen I think we scared it off" he says brightly, but then starts coughing as the smoke surrounded the house. He squints and tries to see if anything has changed on the other side

Turning back to Boris "Maybe we should head back inside" he suggested, "We'll be no worse in there than we are out here and that fog looks rather dangerous"

Spotting the "Vines". He remembered "someone" from his "first Quest" (104). Then ask: "Rosier is that you?"

Giving up on getting rid of the "smoke". He put back on his "Shadow Cloak", and regroups with the others. (And) here I do not have a "good pair of wings" to whip up a "wind storm" to get rid of this "smoke".

Is some one their? You should identify yourself.

QM Note: Sorry for the delay, everyone.

The smoke has surrounded the outside of the house. Nothing from the outside was visible now.

Seeing the vines weren't causing any trouble, Boris moved back inside. "Whatever that noise was, shoot it. Doc, if you haven't noticed we're being surrounded. You may finish your cure, but if you're going to die right afterwards then it isn't going to be much of a help."

The alchemist was too busy dealing with the cure and did not hear Boris at all.

Na'im lets out a large breath he had been holding inside him. He gives a shaky laugh now that he forest had stopped moving "Well gentlemen I think we scared it off" he says brightly, but then starts coughing as the smoke surrounded the house. He squints and tries to see if anything has changed on the other side

Na'im would have to specify which side he was going to change to.

Spotting the "Vines". He remembered "someone" from his "first Quest" (104). Then ask: "Rosier is that you?"

QM Note: If you do this, I'll assume you changed to the front side since your side is covered in smoke and you can not see anything. Anywho, it's too late for Germ to see anything from the outside because the house is surrounded by fog.

Giving up on getting rid of the "smoke". He put back on his "Shadow Cloak", and regroups with the others. (And) here I do not have a "good pair of wings" to whip up a "wind storm" to get rid of this "smoke".

Is some one their? You should identify yourself.

Germ hears no response.

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak readies his Hand Cannon.

Mhinak readies his handcannon but he would only be prepared to directly attack something that came from where he was supposed to watch.

OoC: Not sure what we're still waiting for, if we're going to get attacked it might as well happen. :sceptic:

Boris waits inside the house stationing himself in front of the window that Germ was watching as the demon looks out the front at the vines.

OoC: For some reason I got the impression I was outside. :def_shrug:

Doh, I was playing with this "thing" (Magnifying Glass) all evening and when some thing happen I forget to use it.

Not sure how he got to his new spot he checks out the "vines" with the magnifying glass. If we are going with this, other wise forget it.

Then howlers at Boris: I seen a "red light" nearby do you want me to check it out or forget it? I think it is making this "smoke". (If he spots the "Red Light" again he will use the Magnifying Glass on it.)

I wish they would attack, than play these mind games.

1cpWsov.png

"I don't think it's wise to split up and leave this building. Something clearly what's the come in and I think it'd better than going outside in the dark and get slaughtered out there. We must stand our ground in here."

Mhinak looks outside the windows and looks for anything suspicious.

QM Note: I am making all the following based on the fact that Mhinak and Boris are watching each side of the window and Na'im and Nalguz watch the front door in the outside. Germ is basically just heading towards the Eubric Forest.

As the party repositions itself, the tension was building up.

It was a few moments before a a handcannon blast broke the left window, effectively allowing the smoke to enter the house. As Mhinak was positioned in the left window and ready for action, he fired a massive amount of shots into the unseen smoke from where the left window would be.

Nalguz and Na'im, also not being able to see anything, hear footsteps from nearby. They both begin to hit at the sky at random directions and both of them land a hit on something before they hear the window from above the door being broken.

The smoke begins to clear up on the outside and inside of the house.

Ralli lies on the floor, not wounded much except for a bruise on his forehead. His eyes look furious but his tone is calm.

"It appears they have stolen the potion before I could finish the progress. Then again, how could I a midst all that smoke? Luckily, the cauldron is still here."

He stands and checks his cauldron. Instead of the crimson red color it was before was now a dull blue.

"Of course. They sabotaged it. I am a rational man, unlike the rest of my kin, and understand that you could have done nothing. Go and hunt the fool, or fools, that dare rob Ralli Bookeater. Here, I will even give you some tonics."

Ralli presents Boris with a bag of three tonics.

OoC: For some reason I got the impression I was outside. :def_shrug:

Doh, I was playing with this "thing" (Magnifying Glass) all evening and when some thing happen I forget to use it.

Not sure how he got to his new spot he checks out the "vines" with the magnifying glass. If we are going with this, other wise forget it.

Then howlers at Boris: I seen a "red light" nearby do you want me to check it out or forget it? I think it is making this "smoke". (If he spots the "Red Light" again he will use the Magnifying Glass on it.)

I wish they would attack, than play these mind games.

As the smoke clears up, Germ goes to the to the Eubric Forest to inspect the humongous vines. He sees that they too were magical of nature.

When he started to approach the red light, which, as the smoke clears up, was enveloped by red clothes, the light just runs away into the side of the Eubric Forest that was in front of Ralli's house.

What will the party do?

Na'im shakes his head in admirartion at the thieves daring "played to the end it seems, but ah what a game!"

He turns back to Ralli and gives a sweeping bow "Rest assured master bookeater we will recover your prize concotion-by midnight we shall all be rolling in gold and these assilants shall have got what they deserve! Do you mind if i take one of those tonics master Burehalv?"

He turns to Minhak "Did the thieves leave anything on the scene you can identify them by and enable us to track them?"

He cranes his neck to look behind Ralli and check on the ex-red assasain

Edited by Enceladus

Na'im shakes his head in admirartion at the thieves daring "played to the end it seems, but ah what a game!"

He turns back to Ralli and gives a sweeping bow "Rest assured master bookeater we will recover your prize concotion-by midnight we shall all be rolling in gold and these assilants shall have got what they deserve!"

Ralli sighs.

"Who said anything about gold for you? I clearly offered an item from my library and being on the good side of the Guild of Invision. Not gold"

He cranes his neck to look behind Ralli and check on the ex-red assasain

The red assassin was still coughing up quite a lot of blood. Ralli notices Na'im looking at his nephew and apparently notices something.

"Oh, yes, I must yet again cast slow on him so he does not die. If he does, where would I find an assassin willing to test this?"

He asks out loud to himself.

Boris wiped his eyes as the smoke cleared leaving a chaotic mess. The cleric rolled his eyes at the grandiosity of the Fenarian but tossed a Tonic over to him. "Anybody hit or see anything?" Boris gazed up at the window above the door trying to gauge how large of a creature could fit through it.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Boris wiped his eyes as the smoke cleared leaving a chaotic mess. The cleric rolled his eyes at the grandiosity of the Fenarian but tossed a Tonic over to him. "Anybody hit or see anything?" Boris gazed up at the window above the door trying to gauge how large of a creature could fit through it.

Boris deduces that a normal humanoid being could fit though it if going horizontally. He also notices that the shards of broken glass had some blood on them.

Party:

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 5

Power: 8 (5 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 13/13 (13)

Ether: 9/9 (9)

Gold: 146

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

Name -The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness*

Level - 5

Power - 10

Defense - 1

Health - 11/11

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Etheral Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer] ,

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy,

- Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- Decmon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak, 40 Year Old Dwarf

Level 1 Ranger

Power: 4

Health: 6/6

Gold: 10

Equipment: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP:3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue.

Level 1

Health: 7

Gold: 0

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory: Potion, x2 Venom, Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured).

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 1

Health: 9/9

Max ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff)

Inventory: Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

"Oh, yes, I must yet again cast slow on him so he does not die. If he does, where would I find an assassin willing to test this?"

He asks out loud to himself.

"We could always drag one back here after our endevours to retrieve the cure" Na'im says, not unreasonly, as if he seemed to think it was a plausible option

At Ralli's earlier comment he blinks "For yourself thats what I meant master bookeater" he said reassuringly

"Many thanks" he says to Boris, after he tosses him a tonic