Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

Boris listened to Ralli with interest, "Have you had any attempts at foiling your work thus far? How much more work do you still have to complete?"

The vampire turned to Germ, "Sounds like a good idea unless we have to chase after the miscreants in which case they may interfere with our pursuit."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Nice place" Na'im mutters under his breath as the party stepped inside. Besides the house's unusual decorations it was as cold as a crypt

Upon hearing the Orcs explanation Na'im relaxes slightly- this job didn't seem so bad. "It all seems perfectly clear master bookeater. But I have some questions that must be asked. You haven't told anyone about your efforts here have you? And your nephew here-who else knows he is here tonight apart from us? Oh and do you plan to conduct your experiments from this house?"

heroicaquest128-alchemist.jpg

"I did tell my friend Dr. Alphonse Cula. You do know who he is, don't you? The main alchemist in the Guild? He doesn't want anything to do with the assassins though, so I doubt he told on me. My nephew came to my house vomiting blood. I have absolutely no idea if anyone knows he is here. And, yes, I do plan to give him this potion on this very house. What benefit does it bring me to do it outside in the cold?"

It sounds like we are going to get cold (out-side).

"You can go outside or stay here. I don't care at all as long as you guard every vulnerable spot in this house."

Boris listened to Ralli with interest, "Have you had any attempts at foiling your work thus far? How much more work do you still have to complete?"

"So, you do speak. I was beginning to worry of my choice for a party leader.

Actually, I did. The day when I said I had 'problems with the potion' was actually because of some red assassin interference. He messed my potion up a little bit but I managed to blind him just before I killed him. I didn't want to post that in a public area, though. Imagine what the Town Watch would do with me. Anyhow, I put the man's body in a barrel and did what the old Lord of The Blue Heaven did back in the day.

As I said, I'm just finishing up. You can go ahead and put yourselves into whatever position you like, if you don't have any more questions, and I'll start making the cure progress."

Na'im frowns. "I didn't realise you were a magic user master bookeater- are there any other mysterious talents you would like to tell us about or are you just the simple alchemist you claim to be? Either way you seem to be very skilled with scrolls."

"The reason I ask about the house is for the reasons you have mentioned. The house is hardly particularly defendable. And this Cuala fellow- wouldn't he stand to benefit from stealing this cure and selling it on? But no matter what has passed has passed. I don't suppose you have a floor plan of the house?"

"Well with Nalguz outside, I don't think we're going to be able to take up the best of positions. Mhinak is it? I think you'd best station yourself inside with Germ. Na'im and myself can hold the door with Nalguz." Boris turned his attention to the windows checking to see if they were barred.

Mhinak takes position behind the front door.

1cpWsov.png

"If they even try to come through the front door, they'll get a taste of this shrapnel. So come on people, let's get in position! These scum don't deserve to live!"

OoC: Sorry if it seems like I'm a bit inactive. I'm kind of busy with some real life dilemmas at the moment and the current challenge for GoH.

I guess I will take one of the windows. I wonder if I could try to keep a eye more than one window.

I wonder if this "Magnifying Glass" could spot those "Red Assassin". So he check out the "Nephew" with it and then the rest of the place.

Na'im frowns. "I didn't realise you were a magic user master bookeater- are there any other mysterious talents you would like to tell us about or are you just the simple alchemist you claim to be? Either way you seem to be very skilled with scrolls."

"Yes. My interest in ether and scrolls was what got me kicked out of the alchemist recruitment when I was a young boy. That Guild isn't fond of magic, apparently. I did become friends with Alphonse, though. He was my star, my perfect silence. My inspiration. He still is, but the Guild of Invision doesn't have a spot in my heart anymore."

"The reason I ask about the house is for the reasons you have mentioned. The house is hardly particularly defendable. And this Cuala fellow- wouldn't he stand to benefit from stealing this cure and selling it on? But no matter what has passed has passed. I don't suppose you have a floor plan of the house?"

"I know this house is not 'Particularly defendable', as you put it. It does have it's benefits, though. It doesn't have much detail, so it blends in. It's also right next to the forest, which means free ingredients for me. Not that it matters, though.

Dr. Cula s still my friend and I doubt he would steal from me. It would even ruin his reputation in the Guild.

And this is the only floor of the house. I don't have much use for a 'bed' since I hardly sleep."

"Well with Nalguz outside, I don't think we're going to be able to take up the best of positions. Mhinak is it? I think you'd best station yourself inside with Germ. Na'im and myself can hold the door with Nalguz." Boris turned his attention to the windows checking to see if they were barred.

Boris checks the window and finds no bars or anything of use for defense.

I guess I will take one of the windows. I wonder if I could try to keep a eye more than one window.

I wonder if this "Magnifying Glass" could spot those "Red Assassin". So he check out the "Nephew" with it and then the rest of the place.

QM Note: You can cover two windows on one side since they are very close to each other.

Germ would need to specifically state which windows he covers. Will he cover the one ones on the right or the ones on the left?

Germ looks through his Magnifying Glass and finds no hidden Red Assassin in the house except for Rillo. When he goes to check him out he finds only blood and a fancy cape.

He looks through the rest of the house and finds that the walls are full of erased writings that he couldn't possibly comprehend.

"Are you all in position?"

Na'im bobs his head, satisfied at the orcs answers and checks the ceiling for any holes before taking his position at the door alongside Boris and Nalguz. He looks rather disgruntled at taking position on the front line. "Do you have any of those tonics lying around my good master bookeater? I am sure Master Burehalv and myself could make good use of them."

QM Note: Remember to bold your actions, Enceladus. :wink:

"I have plenty of tonics and they are not for the likes of you."

"Well now, someone didn't wake up on the right side of the bed. Remember bub, we're working for you and keeping you safe. I think we're all set, gentlemen?"

QM Note: You can cover two windows on one side since they are very close to each other.

Germ would need to specifically state which windows he covers. Will he cover the one ones on the right or the ones on the left?

Right, Left, Right, I guess I will take the right-side. But, some one better take the Left-side (Boris? or Na'im if he really does want to be in the front line). Edited by samuraiturtle

"Mhinak, cover the other window." The vampire looked at Na'im's weapon while taking his position next to Nalguz at the front door . "You any good with that thing?"

The heroes position themselves around the house. Mhinak covered the left windows while Germ covered the right ones. Nalguz, Boris and Na'im covered the front door. Only the small hole was left uncovered.

QM Note: Did I miss someone?

OoC: That should be everyone. By the way Boris is just suggesting that Mhinak cover the windows, it's up to Mhinak if he wants to listen.

"Bit drafty in here. What's with the hole, doc?"

OoC: That's fine, I'll take the window instead.

Mhinak covers the left window instead.

1cpWsov.png

"Let's give them hell!"

OoC: That should be everyone. By the way Boris is just suggesting that Mhinak cover the windows, it's up to Mhinak if he wants to listen.

"Bit drafty in here. What's with the hole, doc?"

"This house wasn't quite five stars when I bought it. I tried to fix everything up but I never got around to that hole. No humanoid person could fit through it, but people his size probably could."

Ralli points at Mhinak.

"Wonderful," Boris turned to the other cleric, "You want to stay here and keep him company, I'll go check out the hole." The vampire stationed himself inside the house keeping an eye on the hole in the wall.

1cpWsov.png

"I'm actually a bit curious to see what's past that hole. Shall I investigate it now or after we deal with these assassins?"

"Mhinak, cover the other window." The vampire looked at Na'im's weapon while taking his position next to Nalguz at the front door . "You any good with that thing?"

Na'im gives a quizzical smile "I learnt how to give somone a good bash round the head with this-do I need anything else,really? Those who fool around with big swords and call themselves 'champions' or 'blademasters' are little more than fools dressed up in armour.To win a fight all you need is a good weapon and a plan to boot"

QM Note: Remember to bold your actions, Enceladus. :wink:

"I have plenty of tonics and they are not for the likes of you."

Na'im sniffs. "Naamh preserve us!" He shakes his head "We'll see who is alive at the end of this evening, and is wishing they were not so greedy with their tonics, shall we?"

OOC:Will do Cutcobra its just that rescently I have been posting from my phone where I cannot bold posts, but if there is a major action that needs bolding, I will use my computor. Just to clarify, Na'im isn't the bravest sort, so he is apprehensive at being at the most likely piont of assult. However I have no prefence as to where he is stationed and will defer to whatever WBD says :classic:

"I'm actually a bit curious to see what's past that hole. Shall I investigate it now or after we deal with these assassins?"

It probably just goes out-side. Personal I think I am ready smash some assassins faces in. But, some assassin could use the hole to sneak some "pet" in the place.

Na'im gives a quizzical smile "I learnt how to give somone a good bash round the head with this-do I need anything else,really? Those who fool around with big swords and call themselves 'champions' or 'blademasters' are little more than fools dressed up in armour.To win a fight all you need is a good weapon and a plan to boot"

Good, you do know how to fight. When I first seen you, you seemed a little jumpy.

1cpWsov.png

"In that case, I feel I should do this."

Mhinak pushes the large bookshelf in front of the hole in the wall.

OoC: Let me know if I can't do this.

"Of course there may not be any assasins and we may just have a quiet evening" Na'im says with false enthuiasm

Good, you do know how to fight. When I first seen you, you seemed a little jumpy.

"With good reason! There I was, minding my own buisness by the lamp when some..." Na'im pauses for few moments "If I may be so bold what exactly are you?"

1cpWsov.png

"You dwarfs and your curiousness. Past that hole is the outside and the Eubric Forest. Nothing more."

Na'im sniffs. "Naamh preserve us!" He shakes his head "We'll see who is alive at the end of this evening, and is wishing they were not so greedy with their tonics, shall we?"

OOC:Will do Cutcobra its just that rescently I have been posting from my phone where I cannot bold posts, but if there is a major action that needs bolding, I will use my computor. Just to clarify, Na'im isn't the bravest sort, so he is apprehensive at being at the most likely piont of assult. However I have no prefence as to where he is stationed and will defer to whatever WBD says :classic:

"We shall, indeed."

Says Ralli with more than bitterness in his tone.

QM Note: No problem, then. :thumbup:

1cpWsov.png

OoC: Let me know if I can't do this.

QM Note: You can do anything as long as it doesn't gravely affect the other players' enjoyment of the game. :wink:

Ralli proceeds to take his potion out of the cauldron and put it in a flask but is interrupted by the sound of a bookshelf moving.

"What exactly do you think you are doing? The pale gentleman, or should I say rudeman, is already keeping an eye on that hole."

"With good reason! There I was, minding my own buisness by the lamp when some..." Na'im pauses for few moments "If I may be so bold what exactly are you?"

Good question, some sort of "Demon", do not ask me what kind. Of course, I never seen your kind before. But, that is not saying much.

I think it might be easier or smarter to block on of the windows.

"If a beast could fit, then it's best in front of the hole." Boris stands aside to let the bookcase block the whole and joins Na'im at the front door.