Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

1cpWsov.png

"I do not desire a scroll for it does not benefit the liking of me... however, I'm sure it's worth some coin. I'll take any scroll I suppose."

"I do not desire a scroll for it does not benefit the liking of me... however, I'm sure it's worth some coin. I'll take any scroll I suppose."

The only two not ask for are Confusion and Weakening.

Waits for the Scroll he asked for. Then goes out side and waits for the others to show them what is in the "red pouch".

Boris gazes at Na'im as the other cleric's words register and then at Rillo, "'The roller of a stone will have it roll over them; the digger of a trap will fall into it.' Sayings of Molonos section twenty six, stanza twenty seven. Rillo has chose the path of the Red Assassin, if this is where it has brought him, the so be it. The scroll of Sleep Master Bookeater. If the dwarf desires a scroll, let him speak, If not we shall take our leave."

Na'im nods in approval at Boris "Well said master Burehalv. So be it" with an air of finality

Na'im turns to the doctor and bows "Your genorisity with your libary is much appreciated master bookeater. Untill we meet again, farewell I say. I look forward to working with you again"

1cpWsov.png

"All righty then, I suppose I'll take the Scroll of Confusion then."

Edited by Goliath

OoC: This is more of a effort to move things along.

Outside (near the cabin but not too close) Germ motions the party around him. Then takes the "Red Pouch" and dumps it out on the ground. Then said: It looks like 500 Gold to me. And their is 5 of use so, 100 Gold each it seems fair to me. Then makes sure every one gets their Gold. .

OoC: This is more of a effort to move things along.

Outside (near the cabin but not too close) Germ motions the party around him. Then takes the "Red Pouch" and dumps it out on the ground. Then said: It looks like 500 Gold to me. And their is 5 of use so, 100 Gold each it seems fair to me. Then makes sure every one gets their Gold. .

Na'im smiles at this turn of events "Excellent thinking master Germ! It seems the red asassain were true to their word after all. No matter. I expect they would have killed us anyway." Na'im accepts his portion of gold and pins the badge of the smokemaster to the front of his cloak (equips it)

1cpWsov.png

"You and I both know that he is not your nephew. You act strange, even for someone with your particular set of skills. Clearly you have that man on some sort of poison that is corrupting his memory. So where did you abduct Zug and why?"

Mhinak uses his "eye" to study Doctor Bookeater for any flaws, like sweat beating from his forehead and what not.

heroicaquest128-alchemist.jpg

"How dare you! Zug has earned me a fortune! He's my nephew, too. I would never poison my dear Rillo! And stop calling him 'Zug'. His name is Rillo Bloodeater."

With his magical eye (?), Mhinak only finds that the alchemist is irritated.

Na'im turns to the doctor "Now correct me if I am wrong master Bookeater, but it seems that the place where your nephew ended up in this sorry state was right on your very front door! The assassins we met even boasted an elite member had been sent to the house before them 'to deal with your nephew'!" Na'im says meaningfully making it clear to the heroes he was referring to the assassin leaders words "Certainly the attacker could still be at large! Tell me young Rillo did you see anything unusual when you arrived at this house-as a matter of fact what were you doing here in the first place?"

"I told you before. An assassin was sent before you to dispose of me and kill Rillo while I was trying to save the poor boy. Instead, I disposed of him. He was more of an elite idiot if you ask me."

heroicaquest128-nephew.jpg

"Rillo doesn't remember what happened before, but uncle says Rillo came bloodied and he saved Rillo."

Then trying to trigger his memory: See you later "Zug Rillo" or is it "Rillo Zug"?

"Rillo's name is n-... actually, Zug sound much better than Rillo. Why was Zug thinki-"

The alchemist immediately interrupts the assassin.

"Oh, nephew, calm yourself down. You are confused. Drink this, it will make you feel better." Ralli gives the red assassin a yellow drink and forces it down on him. "There there. Don't you feel much better, Rillo?"

"Zug... Zug... Rillo doesn't understand why he was thinking he was named Zug. Rillo thanks you, uncle! Rillo is still feeling dizzy, though."

Na'im turns to the doctor and bows "Your genorisity with your libary is much appreciated master bookeater. Untill we meet again, farewell I say. I look forward to working with you again"

"Don't leave just yet. I need to send a letter to the Guild of Invision, as promised, and as it so happens I forgot your simple names."

After the heroes recited their names once again, Ralli sends a raven with a letter and they could all feel their reputation with the Guild of Invision increased.

"That's it then. Now, if you could ex-*cough cough*. Sorry. As I was saying i*COUGH COUGH* "

Blood seeps through the alchemist's nose, eyes and ears as he violently coughs.

"Umm..."

heroicaquest128-alchemistshouse4.jpg

Ralli Bookeater drops to the floor, dead.

THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!!!

"Rillo, or Zug, guesses he is dead now. Rillo still feels confused and can't remember anything, though. Do any of you have anything to help Rillo?"

Party:

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down)

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 8

Power: 11 (8 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 16/16 (16)

Ether: 12/12 (10)

Gold: 103

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, Scroll of Sleep (Enables casting the asleep-effect to the target, forcing them to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), 1 Sleep Bomb, 3x Blind Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal"), Bone,

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

Name -The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness*

Level - 8

Power - 13

Defense - 1

Health - 14/14

Ether - 0

Gold - 181

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

- Gear / Armor - Red Shield (SP: 8)

- Gems / Scrolls - Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the blinded-effect to the target, making them unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.)

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb, Bone, Deadly Venom

- Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver)

- [Decamon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak, 40 Year Old Dwarf

Level 4 Ranger

Power: 7

Health: 9/9

Gold: 110

Equipment: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP:3)

Inventory: Red Handcannon (WP: 8), Scroll of Confusion (Enables casting the confused-effect to the target, during which they have a 50/50 chance of targeting an ally instead of its opponents.Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Emerald, Phoenix Essence, Bone

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue.

Level 4

Health: 10/10

Gold: 100

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory: Cloak of the Red Assassin (Increases chance of assassination to 1/3; suitable to Assassins), Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured), Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb, 2x Bone, Scroll of Frailty (Enables casting the fragile-effect to the target, causing it to take double damage for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.)

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 4

Health: 12/12

Max ether: 12/12 (7+5)

Gold: 100

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff), Badge of the Smokemaster (Max. Ether +5; User can spend 5 ether in each battle to make the whole party flee; suitable to classes with ether; accessory)

Inventory: Scroll of Sealing (Enables casting the sealed-effect to the target, making them unable to use a special skill for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Potion, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, 2x Bone

Mhinak looks at Zug.

1cpWsov.png

"Your name is Zug, not Rillo. Let's just say the dead guy was a fraud looking for a nephew and had you tricked with his potions."

Mhinak turns to the party.

1cpWsov.png

"I guess we should head back to the hall, guys... guys?"

OoC: Think of his left eye as magical eye, I guess. The only purpose of it is to see further than his right eye, if you get what I mean. Overall, I had fun on this quest and I thought it was pretty good. I would have preferred to see more Dwarves though! I think there should be more shenanigans or more funny moments but other than that, I'd say this was a perfect first quest for Mhinak! :classic:

1cpWsov.png

"Your name is Zug, not Rillo. Let's just say the dead guy was a fraud looking for a nephew and had you tricked with his potions."

OoC: Think of his left eye as magical eye, I guess. The only purpose of it is to see further than his right eye, if you get what I mean. Overall, I had fun on this quest and I thought it was pretty good. I would have preferred to see more Dwarves though! I think there should be more shenanigans or more funny moments but other than that, I'd say this was a perfect first quest for Mhinak! :classic:

"Rillo doesn't know. Rillo still thinks he is Rillo and not Zug. Do you know of anything that can cure Rillo? I am sure Rillo's uncle, or whoever he is, has something stored away. Rillo is not very good with potions though."

QM Note: I'm glad you had fun! You can always use the eye for role playing purposes, but you need a telescope and a magnifying glass to be able to see from afar or watch out for some details. You could always buy the two and say Mhinak modified them into his eye. :wink:

Edited by Cutcobra

"Rillo, or Zug, guesses he is dead now. Rillo still feels confused and can't remember anything, though. Do any of you have anything to help Rillo?"

Boris watches as Bookeater slumps over dead. "Well, didn't see that coming." The cleric pulls out a Remedy and hands it to Rillo, "Here, try this, might help a little. Generally sets my ailments at ease, or it used to, not sure anymore." The vampire searches through the expired alchemist's equipment and shelves looking for any notes or diaries, in addition to any recognizable consumables.

Nalguz extends his liquid metal to grab the book off the floor so he can inspect it, before reaching for a handful of scrolls and books from the alchemists shelves.

Mhinak looks at Zug.

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak turns to the party.

1cpWsov.png

"I guess we should head back to the hall, guys... guys?"

Na'im throws the dwarf a simrk "Oh but my dear Mihnak we are just getting started! With the old doctor here expired, his pocessions are free pickings!" and Na'im presently joins in pilfering the doctors shelves,, keeping a close eye on Rillo/Zug for any suspicious behaviour. He also checks the doctor for any marks or items that would distinguish him as a red asassain

OoC: I like that idea, I'll do that instead, Cutcobra! :classic:

1cpWsov.png

"Oh dear. This is so wrong but it feels so right to do though. Okay then, let me take a look too."

Mhinak checks Bookeater's corpse for anything and looks at shelves for anything.

Double checks the "Doc" to make sure he is dead. And remembers he had a key on him, then tries see if he could find it.

Then double checks the book case. Then spot the on top of the book case "golden goblet" and checks it out, plus the "green bottle" next to the goblet.

And then helps Boris look for any consumables. And then wonders what is in the "black cauldron" so he check it out.

Wasn't their a Scroll of Weakening with him? Who would want that? The "Doc" is going to haunt us later isn't he.

1cpWsov.png

"I'll also take the Scroll of Weakening if that is not a problem. That's if it's still here somewhere. You guys can have the potions if you find some, unless you want to spare a healing potion or a few since you know, I'm usually the first to get hurt. This guy has to have some gold too since he's an alchemist! Any ideas as to where he would be hiding it?"

Boris paused among the looting, "I hope your all aware that this stuff all falls to the doctor's next of kin, which would be Rillo here."

Boris paused among the looting, "I hope your all aware that this stuff all falls to the doctor's next of kin, which would be Rillo here."

"Oh please master Burehalv-you and I both know that our red assassin friend here is no more Rillo than I am Warkaboofhine!" Na'im laughs at his own joke "Surely you have not been bought in by this farce?"

Na'im turns to Minhak curiously "Did you not say that it was gold that makes the world go round? Why are you so reluctant to put that ideal into practise?"

What would a trained assassin want with half of this stuff. Besides we are helping inventory the stuff. And, he might want to get rid of some of this stuff. Plus, their could be some memories he does not want to have with it.

"Oh please master Burehalv-you and I both know that our red assassin friend here is no more Rillo than I am Warkaboofhine!" Na'im laughs at his own joke "Surely you have not been bought in by this farce?"

Even if that is true lets pretend they are related for a second and see what Zug/Rillo want to do.

"I'll also take the Scroll of Weakening if that is not a problem. That's if it's still here somewhere. You guys can have the potions if you find some, unless you want to spare a healing potion or a few since you know, I'm usually the first to get hurt. This guy has to have some gold too since he's an alchemist! Any ideas as to where he would be hiding it?"

I think Boris should get it. I think it would be better in his hands. He would get more use out of it, one way or another.

After hearing the gold comment: I do not think he was that good of an alchemist. I mean he did not have enough smarts to protect himself against the "Red Death". From the looks of it the "Red Death" transferred from Zug/Rillo to Bookeater here.

Are we going to bury Bookeater at some point? I hope to get some help this time.

Edited by samuraiturtle

Na'im blanches at Germs comment about burying the doctor "But the red death...it might be contagious!" he says aghast "how else would the doctor have picked it up? Nay, I am not risking my health, just to do justice to the doctors dignity." Na'im now edges away from the doctors body

Na'im turns to Mihnak "Don't listen to master Germ here-I shall pay good money for that scroll if you aren't interested In it. 30 gold shall we say?"

Turning to Boris Na'im says reassuringly: "Naturally, naturally master Burehalv naturally. Just a bit of investigative work that is all!"

Boris watches as Bookeater slumps over dead. "Well, didn't see that coming." The cleric pulls out a Remedy and hands it to Rillo, "Here, try this, might help a little. Generally sets my ailments at ease, or it used to, not sure anymore." The vampire searches through the expired alchemist's equipment and shelves looking for any notes or diaries, in addition to any recognizable consumables.

The Red Assassin chugs down the remedy.

"Heh, Zug thanks you for the free remedy. If you wouldn't mind, don't take anything. This house is Zug's now."

Na'im throws the dwarf a simrk "Oh but my dear Mihnak we are just getting started! With the old doctor here expired, his pocessions are free pickings!" and Na'im presently joins in pilfering the doctors shelves,, keeping a close eye on Rillo/Zug for any suspicious behaviour. He also checks the doctor for any marks or items that would distinguish him as a red asassain

Mhinak checks Bookeater's corpse for anything and looks at shelves for anything.

Double checks the "Doc" to make sure he is dead. And remembers he had a key on him, then tries see if he could find it.

Then double checks the book case. Then spot the on top of the book case "golden goblet" and checks it out, plus the "green bottle" next to the goblet.

And then helps Boris look for any consumables. And then wonders what is in the "black cauldron" so he check it out.

Wasn't their a Scroll of Weakening with him? Who would want that? The "Doc" is going to haunt us later isn't he.

The heroes don't take anything, but they see that there are some useful consumables, a few notes, the cauldron is filled with a weird looking red color, and some flasks appear to have tiny beings inside of them.

What would a trained assassin want with half of this stuff. Besides we are helping inventory the stuff. And, he might want to get rid of some of this stuff. Plus, their could be some memories he does not want to have with it.

"You'd be surprised. Zug needs all these liquids and items in case of any red assassins that come to take out Zug. Zug was one of the best and Zug knows too much."

1cpWsov.png

"I think this just about does it. I'm heading back to the hall and gettin' some grub. You guys can stay and take those potions if you want but I don't think Zug willbe too happy about it. And about that Scroll of Weakening, I'd just like that too - no gold or potions. If you guys want gold or potions, you guys can have them."

Mhinak waits for a response before he heads back to Heroica Hall.

The Red Assassin chugs down the remedy.

"Heh, Zug thanks you for the free remedy. If you wouldn't mind, don't take anything. This house is Zug's now."

The heroes don't take anything, but they see that there are some useful consumables, a few notes, the cauldron is filled with a weird looking red color, and some flasks appear to have tiny beings inside of them.

"You'd be surprised. Zug needs all these liquids and items in case of any red assassins that come to take out Zug. Zug was one of the best and Zug knows too much."

Na'im frowns "Ah but surely if the red asassians come after you this is the first place they would thikn ot look, incompotent as some of them are-wouldn't you be ah...safer going somewhere else?" A thourght occurs to Na'im "So are you going to share this 'forbidden' knowledge with us-what do you know about the circumstances behind the doctors death that we do not?"

Na'im sighs and begins polishes his spectacles after Mihnak turns down his offer "Very well then. Well, it has been a pleasure working with you master Mihnak. I daresay we shall meet again back at the hall." and with that he tips his hat to the dwarf and turns back to face Zug

And about that Scroll of Weakening,

Na'im blanches at Germs comment about burying the doctor "But the red death...it might be contagious!" he says aghast "how else would the doctor have picked it up? Nay, I am not risking my health, just to do justice to the doctors dignity." Na'im now edges away from the doctors body

Na'im turns to Mihnak "Don't listen to master Germ here-I shall pay good money for that scroll if you aren't interested In it. 30 gold shall we say?"

I would just drop it if I was you two. I do not think any of us is getting the scroll.

Na'im, I think the "Red Death" is more like a "ghost" it jumped from Zug to the "Doc" here. I think we might be safe from it.

Seeing that this mission is over. He gets ready to go. Leaving the body for Zug to deal with.