Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

"I don't even know if the Dwarf is capable of such a thing." Boris discreetly replies before turning to the Goblin. "Aye, as Na'im mentioned we've got a blood trail you can follow."

Mhinak looks at Na'm in disgust.

1cpWsov.png

"My dearest simpleton, what 'treasure' do you think Warkboofhine is holding out on you? Bones? He's a canine. what do you expect him to have?"

Boris whispered back "He's a bit sharp on the hearing too apparently"

"Now no need to be callin' folks names. What the dog has is his own business."

Mhinak lets out a deep breath and hunches over a little bit.

1cpWsov.png

"You're right there, Boris, I lost my cool just a second ago. I will not stand for being called a thief though! My beards isn't clogging my ears ya know."

Mhinak says with a chuckle then focuses his eye on the Goblin.

1cpWsov.png

"Please tell me you can track them down with the blood trail."

OoC: Should I bold those little actions or just italicize them?

Edited by Goliath

My beards isn't clogging my ears ya know."

No, your ear hair just grows out to your regular beard. He said to himself. :laugh:

Mhinak looks at Na'm in disgust.

1cpWsov.png

"My dearest simpleton, what 'treasure' do you think Warkboofhine is holding out on you? Bones? He's a canine. what do you expect him to have?"

Na'im stares at Minhak for a few seconds, a look of contempt on his face "Interesting-are all your kind as stubborn and quick tempered as yourself as the stories say master Minhak? And as for the hounds treasure I will guard it with my life!" Na'im says, his voice a little too upbeat, giving Warkaboofhine a quick pat on the head

QM Note: Samuraiturtle, I'll get to putting the venom and the bone in the next stat update. Why do I always mess up Germ's stats. :facepalm:

OoC: Should I bold those little actions or just italicize them?

QM Note: It's not necessary, unless it's an important action (like changing an artifact, checking something, going somewhere, etc). There's no need to bold when you talk to other characters, but if you want to no one is stopping you.

1cpWsov.png

"Rhyszicz, have you seen a red light here in the forest recently? We believe that may be linked to these assassins we have to find."

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpg

"I ized too occupy try to kill znakez. Zorry, I not zeeed."

Na'im stares at Minhak for a few seconds, a look of contempt on his face "Interesting-are all your kind as stubborn and quick tempered as yourself as the stories say master Minhak? And as for the hounds treasure I will guard it with my life!" Na'im says, his voice a little too upbeat, giving Warkaboofhine a quick pat on the head

After being sad that Nalguz threw the bones to one side, the direwolf once again wags his tail with the quick pat that Na'im gave.

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg

"Bark! <You... I like you...>"

1cpWsov.png

"I don't believe we have anything from these assassins. The best I could think of would be the blood from the cabin we saw earlier but I don't think we should go back."

He turns to Rhysicz "there should be some blood stains on the trail we were following unless you were too preoccupied to notice them"

"I don't even know if the Dwarf is capable of such a thing." Boris discreetly replies before turning to the Goblin. "Aye, as Na'im mentioned we've got a blood trail you can follow."

The goblin shakes his head in the style that would say 'yes'. He then smiles, as always.

"Yez yez. I can follow blood good. Letz get to it!"

:dsweet: :dsweet: :dsweet:

The tension grows as the hunter quietly tracked down the culprits. Only the footsteps of the heroes can be heard as the night comes. As they tread across some of the dead humongous vines that were 'guarding' the forest a few a hours ago, Rhyszicz stops in his tracks.

"The peoplez you iz look iz three. Thiz blood alzo only belong to one people, an elf to be exam. They iz very very zlow. We will catch they in not time. To paz time, we can talk a little. Zo, what iz you doing try to catch peoplez?"

He says to the heroes.

1cpWsov.png

"I'm sorry, Master Goblin, but I don't think I should disclose any information about our affiliation with these Red Assassins unless Boris says otherwise."

1cpWsov.png

"I'm sorry, Master Goblin, but I don't think I should disclose any information about our affiliation with these Red Assassins unless Boris says otherwise."

"Red Azzazzinz?! That iz too danger! How you get in very very trouble like thiz?"

He then sighs.

"You ztill zaved me, but, zo I'll help you any wayz."

1cpWsov.png

"It's not so much as us being in trouble with the Red Assassins. It's mainly our employer who wants us to deal with them."

1cpWsov.png

"It's not so much as us being in trouble with the Red Assassins. It's mainly our employer who wants us to deal with them."

It is clear now that the goblin's smile is gone.

"Oh..." He then makes one of those smiles that some would see as a nervous one. "... zo you employer iz crazy? Hehehe... he?"

1cpWsov.png

"Little late for that. Yes, we're after a number of the bunch, don't seem much assassiny though, more like thieves if you ask me. So Rhyszicz, how did you come to be in the Eubric forest?"

Mhinak looks at Rhyszicz with his fake smile.

1cpWsov.png

"Well that would be one to put it, sure. I know nothing about him and I really don't want to know anything about him. Let's just say he's very arrogant and thinks too highly of himself."

Edited by Goliath

"Oh..." He then makes one of those smiles that some would see as a nervous one. "... zo you employer iz crazy? Hehehe... he?"

Na'im gives a weary smile "Your coinfidence is misplaced my dear Rhysicz, we shall manage-I for one have faced far worse" He sighs "As long as I return with my head still on my shoulders and a bag full of gold, I care little about what the job is, for at the end of the day gold is gold, and gold is eternal, the only thing being more eternal is the simple mindedness of those who still look to the heavens for answers"

Na'im becomes pensive and stares into the distance, taking a long draft of a tonic as he did so "Do you have any particular stories to tell about these red asassains or are you just trying to scare us master Rhysicz?" Na'im say plainly

QM Note: Samuraiturtle, I'll get to putting the venom and the bone in the next stat update. Why do I always mess up Germ's stats. :facepalm:

"The peoplez you iz look iz three. Thiz blood alzo only belong to one people, an elf to be exam. They iz very very zlow. We will catch they in not time. To paz time, we can talk a little. Zo, what iz you doing try to catch peoplez?"

He says to the heroes.

OoC: Don't worry Flipz seem to have a similar problem.

Can you tell us anything about the other two?

He has to be, he is trying to make some sort of "cure". Then he wonders if he should of mention the "cure".

Na'im gives a weary smile "Your coinfidence is misplaced my dear Rhysicz, we shall manage-I for one have faced far worse" He sighs "As long as I return with my head still on my shoulders and a bag full of gold, I care little about what the job is, for at the end of the day gold is gold, and gold is eternal, the only thing being more eternal is the simple mindedness of those who still look to the heavens for answers"

It sounds like someone found their true "God". He said mostly to himself.

"Little late for that. Yes, we're after a number of the bunch, don't seem much assassiny though, more like thieves if you ask me. So Rhyszicz, how did you come to be in the Eubric forest?"

"I telled already. I iz look to kill 'crazy hippie druid'. Contractorzez pay very very gold. You already killed her, but."

Mhinak looks at Rhyszicz with his fake smile.

1cpWsov.png

"Well that would be one to put it, sure. I know nothing about him and I really don't want to know anything about him. Let's just say he's very arrogant and thinks too highly of himself."

"Zoundz like all lordz in diz zity, if you azk I."

Na'im becomes pensive and stares into the distance, taking a long draft of a tonic as he did so "Do you have any particular stories to tell about these red asassains or are you just trying to scare us master Rhysicz?" Na'im say plainly

"Juzt the normal ztuff. You never heared of them? They like, very very good at kill. I would not mezz with they." He then shakes his head, as if he is trying to get the thought of these 'Red Assassins' out of his head.

Can you tell us anything about the other two?

"Not very. The otherz have alzo two legz. And it zmell like zmoke here."

He has to be, he is trying to make some sort of "cure". Then he wonders if he should of mention the "cure".

"Cure? But remediez zave everything, yez?"

Night comes, and as they keep on following Rhyszicz, they hear crackling fire coming from afar. They come close to an entrance of a small kind of cave. They see three figures, and Rhyszicz signals them to hide in the bushes and says 'shhh' with his finger.

heroicaquest128-cave.jpg

heroicaquest128-assassinelf.jpg

"...it quick! Those bodyguards were unexpected, and I bet they are coming for us right now!"

heroicaquest128-assassindwarf.jpg

"Calm yer horses, man! I got m'head knocked on that therr wall from beforr. Plus, ye're bloody bleeding!"

heroicaquest128-assassineye.jpg

"EVEN IF THEY DO COME, WE BROUGHT THAT GOLD, DIDN'T WE?"

"You sub-divisions are the worst mistake we have ever made."

What will the party do?

Mhinak squints and uses his left eye to focus in on the Red Asassins.

1cpWsov.png

"This doesn't look very good laddies! Should we engage them or wait for them to move to their base?"

Mhinak squints and uses his left eye to focus in on the Red Asassins.

1cpWsov.png

"This doesn't look very good laddies! Should we engage them or wait for them to move to their base?"

Na'im smirks "No sense getting into any more trouble master Minak-we came here to get the potion back, nothing more nothing less. And it seems thses are definately our crowd since one of them is bleeding from our efforts, back at master bookeaters study. Perhaps we could send Germ to check out the situation for he can always flee if required, and then we could surprise them from behind?"

"They've sabotaged the work before, we don't want them destroying the potion they've got if we can avoid it. We'll flank them and hopefully take them by surprise. Na'im, Germ, and Rhyzsicz will take this side while, Nalguz, Mhinak, and the wolf will take the other side. As soon as we're in position, we'll give a call and then we'll rush them. Try and take the potion as quick as possible. If these are Red Assassins it'll be a kill or be killed situation, they don't allow for any survivors."

After much arguing, lots of complaining and some bickering, Nalguz was pleased to see a plan at last.

"Finally..." he muttered.

"That took long enough, you idiots."

[bold] Nalguz walked over, CAREFULLY, to where he was needed [bold/]

"Not very. The otherz have alzo two legz. And it zmell like zmoke here."

"EVEN IF THEY DO COME, WE BROUGHT THAT GOLD, DIDN'T WE?"

It sounds like the guys we are hunting.

Wait, what is this "gold" he mention it does not sound like money to me.

If we wait for them to get back to the base, we could easy be out number.

Perhaps we could send Germ to check out the situation for he can always flee if required, and then we could surprise them from behind?"

Wondering: Why am I the one getting volunteered for this?

"They've sabotaged the work before, we don't want them destroying the potion they've got if we can avoid it. We'll flank them and hopefully take them by surprise. Na'im, Germ, and Rhyzsicz will take this side while, Nalguz, Mhinak, and the wolf will take the other side. As soon as we're in position, we'll give a call and then we'll rush them. Try and take the potion as quick as possible. If these are Red Assassins it'll be a kill or be killed situation, they don't allow for any survivors."

What side you said you will be on again. And, don't worry I am not planing on letting them live for very long.

Prepares to get into a fight with the assassins. OoC: Just in case, I need to mention it.

Edited by samuraiturtle

"I do seem to notice you have avoided mentioning what you will do when combat begins-surely you do not plan to abandon us master Burehalv?" Na'im chuckles "Yet it seems a plausible plan to me."

Na'im creeps to where he is needed, making as little noise as possible and nodding in greeting to his allies when he arrives

"I thought it obvious, I'm leading the group on the other side. Germ will head this group up." Boris led his group over to the other side of the camp, making sure to skirt the assassins with a wide berth.

The party decides to take a complicated, stealthy plan, but unfortunately that wasn't too effective when they were probably facing assassins with a reputation and the fact that a being with eight legs could be easily noticed by anyone.

All the so called assassins take a defensive stance, with the bearded one lifting a shield and a handcannon, the strange fiery one rising his arms and puffing up a smoke, and the last one simply taking out a sharp dagger.

"Wait, mercenaries! Before we go the easy way and have to murder each of you, hear us out. We are on a rush, and you could possibly be in a gold rush if you listen. Let us explain first. You should know the crimes this so called alchemist did."

"YOU BETTER DO AS HE SAYS. I DO HATE SPENDING ETHER ON PITIFUL BEINGS."

What will the party do?

Boris calls out, but remains hidden. "Crimes? Sounds like he's an honorable chap, just wants to cure his nephew. We're listening."