Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

Boris again strikes the Adder as Rhyszicz fires off an arrow at Rattler C from the back row.

Battle Order:

Rhyszicz

Na'im

Germ

Nalguz

Mhinak

Dire-wolf

Boris

Edited by Waterbrick Down

OoC: I noticed the Black Adder still has quite a bit of health, should I attack it or one of the rattlesnakes?

QM Note: For you and Goliath's actions, to be exact.

OOC: Maybe in the future you could send them a PM, or write something in the quest topic, since it wasn't particuarly clear what you were waiting for. Good to see you haven't forgotten about us though!

QM Note: I will do so next time. :wink: Just thought it was obvious that I need Mhinak's and Nalguz's actions to continue the round. And I'm still waiting for them...

OoC: Sorry about that, I meant to put in my attack yesterday. I'll take out the following just so they are no longer a pest.

Mhinak attacks Red Rattlesnake D with Wooden Hand Cannon from Back Row.

Warkboofhine attacks Red Rattlesnake A from Front Row.

QM Note: If you want, Waterbrick Down, you can post Nalguz's actions since you are the party leader.

QM Note: Due to balancing reasons, the direwolf's hits will no longer prevent an enemy from dealing a free hit.

Round Seven of the Random Snakes on a Not so Random Forest:

>Rhyszicz vs. Red Rattlesnake C - Hit (Rattlesnake C: 14 health-((5+3)x3= 24 damage)= 0 health - Red Rattlesnake C Ko'D!)

>Na'im vs. Red Rattlesnake C Red Rattlesnake D - Hit (Red Rattlesnake D: 3 health-(3+2= 5 damage)= 0 health - Red Rattlesnake D Ko'D!)

>Germ vs. Red Rattlesnake C Black Adder - Damage (Germ: 8 health-(5/2-1= 1 damage)= 7 health)

>Nalguz vs. Red Rattlesnake D Black Adder - Critical Hit (Black Adder: 15 health-(3x2+2= 8 damage)= 7 health)

>Mhinak vs. Red Rattlesnake D Black Adder - Aim (Black Adder: 7 health-(3 damage)= 4 health)

Warkboofhine bites Red Rattlesnake A (Rattlesnake A: 2 health-(2 damage)= 0 health - Red Rattlesnake A Ko'D!)

>Boris vs. Black Adder - Special Damage (Deadly Poisonous Bite - Boris is immune to poison)

Black Adder - Bleeding by 1 (Black Adder: 4 health-(1 damage)= 3 health)

The hunter finishes off the very same rattlesnake that was holding Na'im, making some of his allies change targets. Then Na'im goes ahead and kills another snake, making another two allies change targets. Germ gets hit by the deadly black adder while both Mhinak and Nalguz hit it. The young dire wolf brutally shreds one of the reptiles apart with his teeth. The black adder finally gets a bite on Boris, and it also added some extra poison to add to the flavor. Too bad the vampire is immune to it.

The Enemies:

heroicafog-monster-blackadder.jpgBlack Adder "Sssss... <If you flee now, I will be merciful and not feast on you! Otherwise, I'm sending you all to Hissvetia!>"

*Immune to poisoned* *Bleeding by 1*

Type: Vermin

Level: 5

Health: 3/63

Special: Deadly Poisonous Bite – Causes the poisoned by 4-effect to the target

Drops: Deadly Venom

Party:

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 6

Power: 9 (6 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 14/14 (14)

Ether: 10/10 (10)

Gold: 3

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

Name -The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness*

Level - 6

Power - 11

Defense - 1

Health - 7/12

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon)*THROWN*, Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

- Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- [Decamon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak, 40 Year Old Dwarf

Level 2 Ranger

Power: 5

Health: 7/7

Gold: 10

Equipment: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP:3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Emerald

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue.

Level 2

Health: 8/8

Gold: 0

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory: Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured), Potion, x2 Venom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 2

Health: 10/10

Max ether: 2/6

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff)

Inventory: Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg Warkboofhine (NPC, controlled by Goliath)

Type: Beast

Level 2

Attacks from the front deal the Bleeding: 1 effect to humanoids, beasts and vermin. Warkboofhine does not cover free hits.

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpgRhyszicz Daanmokaar (NPC, controlled by Waterbrick Down) "Like they zay, 'revenge iz a bitch'! No ever attack I, znake!"

39 years old male goblin Hunter *Immune to Doomed and Sudden Death* *Favors vermin*

Level 4

Power: 9

Health: 12/12

Gold:: 47

Equipment: Handmade Bow (WP: 5), Goblin Slave Collar (Immune to Doomed and Sudden Death; suitable to former or current goblin slaves), Teaching of the Direwolf (Grants Animal Talk; does not take up an artifact slot; suitable to Rhyszicz only)

Inventory: Contract for a Disturbance in the Eubric Forest, Remedy

Na'im permits himself a small smile, glad things had finally gone the party's way-he turns to Boris "Care to do the honours, master Burehlav?The beast looks half-dead anyway." he pauses "Or perhaps you are not sure you can handle a little snake?" he says tauntingly

If Boris is not going to take the snake on himself, Na'im attacks black adder from the front row

OOC: This is just RP on my part and I am partial to whatever WBD things is the best course of action

Boris chuckles as the adder bites down on his arm, "'Lethal venom shall be drank by them, vipers shall be handled by them, they will not be harmed by them.' Book of Marcus section 16, stanza 18." The vampire brings down his mace on the snake's head from the front row. "Feel free to join in, Rhyszicz take a break."

Battle Order:

Borris

Germ

Nalguz

Mhinak

Dire Wolf

Rhyszicz

Na'im

1cpWsov.png

"Eh, why not laddies?"

Mhinak shoots the Black Adder with Wooden Hand Cannon from Front Row.

Warkboofhine takes a break.

Round Eight of the Random Snakes on a Not so Random Forest:

>Boris vs. Black Adder - Hit (Black Adder: 3 health-(6+3= 9 damage)= 0 health - It's not exactly living anymore)

The black adder can be heard saying some more Ss which were probably also bluff until the party leader makes it's head fly across the forest with his mace.

The heroes and Rhyszicz all gain +1 level! Warkboofhine doesn't feel like levling up for some reason.

Party:

Level 7

Power: 10 (7 + 3)

Health: 15/15 (14)

Ether: 11/11 (10)

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

Level - 7

Power - 12

Defense - 1

Health - 8/13

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- [Decamon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Level 3 Ranger

Power: 6

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Emerald

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue.

Level 3

Health: 9/9

Inventory: Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured), Potion, x2 Venom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

Level 3

Health: 11/11

Max ether: 3/7

Inventory: Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll

Level 2

Attacks from the front deal the Bleeding: 1 effect to humanoids, beasts and vermin. Warkboofhine does not cover free hits.

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpgRhyszicz Daanmokaar (NPC, controlled by Waterbrick Down) "Like they zay, 'revenge iz a bitch'! No ever attack I, znake!"

39 years old male goblin Hunter *Immune to Doomed and Sudden Death* *Favors vermin*

Level 5

Power: 10

Health: 13/13

Equipment: Handmade Bow (WP: 5), Goblin Slave Collar (Immune to Doomed and Sudden Death; suitable to former or current goblin slaves), Teaching of the Direwolf (Grants Animal Talk; does not take up an artifact slot; suitable to Rhyszicz only)

Party Leader, please divide the loot:

heroica-deadlyvenom.jpgDeadly Venom

heroica-phoenixessence.jpgPhoenix Essence

As the excitement of battle leaves them, the heroes can now see the scene clearly.

heroicaquest128-forest2.jpg

The direwolf growls something at Rhyszicz and the hunter turns to the heroes.

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpg

"I am very thank that you zaved me life! I alzo hear that you kill I target. I sad. I want to kill her, what she ised. But you ztill zaved me, so I help you for free!. Normal I zay 10 gold for kill, but for you no gold!"

The gnome heartily smiles.

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg

"Woof. <Don't worry, I did not forget what I promised you. And just as I did... treasures beyond imagination. Please treat them well, they are, or were, one of the most valuable things I possessed...>"

Warkboofhine goes running to some random path and comes back with his paws dirty and his mouth filled with bones.

heroica-bone.jpg8x Bones

What will the party do? They should probably remember that they have some potion stealing culprits to chase.

Edited by Cutcobra

Na'im flinches as the head of the adder goses flying into the forest behind him. He also draws up his cloak around his nose to block out the stench of the putrid snake corpses

He turns to Boris "nicely done" he says simply "What is our plan of action now party leader-we now have a hound and hunter by our side as well to boot"

Seeing Warkboofhine deposit the bones by Boris' feet Na'im looks down in confusion "go take your treats somewhere else hound-now what happened to those treasures we were talking about earlier hmm?" He says squatting down next to the dire wolf

OOC: if it isn't clear Na'im cannot understand animal talk and so doesn't understand what the bones are doing here

Grrrrmmmm, was the noise coming from his "stomach". Excuse me for a minute gentleman, as he stated before he went off behind some trees. And, then takes out his shovel and digs out a hole. Stating: It would be funny if I found anything of "value" while doing this. And, then let nature finish its "call" and then cleaning it up. As he then went back to the group. Stating: I think the "poison" did more to me than I realize.

OoC: Didn't I use a "Remedy" up earlier? Not that I am complaining if I have unlimited "Remedy". :wink:

Edited by samuraiturtle

Nalguz casually turns his dagger back into a small lump, applying a venom to it. (Dagger facade-Venom). Then he turns to the dog and uses one of his feet to sweep the bones to one side, waiting for their so-called reward.

1cpWsov.png

"Fine job, laddies! Boris, split the items up however you want and Warkboofhine wants us to keep his bones, if he didn't make it obvious. I also suggest we keep following the trail to find these masked cowards before more snakes come."

The vampire turned his attention to the reptilian corpses, kicking them aside. "Reminds me of the backstreets of Nagashan." Boris allotted the loot and then turned to the goblin, "We're after a bunch of culprits dressed in red, Rhyszicz. Think you can track them down?"

Loot Distribution:

Boris: Bone x2

Na'im: Bone x2

Mhinak: Phoenix Essence, Bone

Nalguz: Bone x2

Germ: Deadly Venom, Bone

Seeing Warkboofhine deposit the bones by Boris' feet Na'im looks down in confusion "go take your treats somewhere else hound-now what happened to those treasures we were talking about earlier hmm?" He says squatting down next to the dire wolf

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg

"??? <???>"

Warkboofhine wags his tail thinking that Na'im was appreciating the so called 'treasures'.

Grrrrmmmm, was the noise coming from his "stomach". Excuse me for a minute gentleman, as he stated before he went off behind some trees. And, then takes out his shovel and digs out a hole. Stating: It would be funny if I found anything of "value" while doing this. And, then let nature finish its "call" and then cleaning it up. As he then went back to the group. Stating: I think the "poison" did more to me than I realize.

As Germ does his business, however half-demons do it, he finds 17 gold coins. Too bad they were covered in feces now. How far would The Demon Germ go for seventeen pieces of gold?

Nalguz casually turns his dagger back into a small lump, applying a venom to it. (Dagger facade-Venom). Then he turns to the dog and uses one of his feet to sweep the bones to one side, waiting for their so-called reward.

Warkboofhine stops wagging his tail as Nalguz sweeps the bones to one side and puts on a sad puppy face.

The vampire turned his attention to the reptilian corpses, kicking them aside. "Reminds me of the backstreets of Nagashan." Boris allotted the loot and then turned to the goblin, "We're after a bunch of culprits dressed in red, Rhyszicz. Think you can track them down?"

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpg

"Yez. I track very good, but I am in needingz of zomething from target. They lefted anything? Pieze of cloth, hairz, blood, or anything?

And, how you knowingz of my name? No problem. For all otherz, but, my name iz Rhyszicz Daanmokaar. I premium hunter. Very guaranteeded for kill. I ized zlave, but I now zeek job here in Eubric. How iz you call?"

Party:

Level 7

Power: 10 (7 + 3)

Health: 15/15 (14)

Ether: 11/11 (10)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal"), 2x Bone

Level - 7

Power - 12

Defense - 1

Health - 8/13

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

1cpWsov.png

Level 3 Ranger

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Emerald, Phoenix Essence, Bone

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue. *Liquid Metal Dagger Façade: Poisoned by 1*

Level 3

Health: 9/9

Inventory: Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured), Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb, 2x Bone

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

Level 3

Health: 11/11

Max ether: 3/7

Inventory: Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, 2x Bone

Level 2

Level 5

Power: 10

Health: 13/13

Edited by Cutcobra

Mhinak crosses his arms and puts a hand over his face.

1cpWsov.png

"I don't believe we have anything from these assassins. The best I could think of would be the blood from the cabin we saw earlier but I don't think we should go back."

Mhinak then talks to the Goblin.

1cpWsov.png

"Rhyszicz, have you seen a red light here in the forest recently? We believe that may be linked to these assassins we have to find."

As Germ does his business, however half-demons do it, he finds 17 gold coins. Too bad they were covered in feces now. How far would The Demon Germ go for seventeen pieces of gold?

Level - 7

Power - 12

Defense - 1

Health - 8/13

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Inventory -

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb

As he spots the Gold he says: Gross now I find some thing and now I got to clean them off. Then he grab some random leaves and tries to clean them off. But, he makes sure to wrap the "clean off" Gold in some other leaves before he pockets them. Thinking: I need to clean them off better later.

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg

"Woof. <Don't worry, I did not forget what I promised you. And just as I did... treasures beyond imagination. Please treat them well, they are, or were, one of the most valuable things I possessed...>"

Warkboofhine goes running to some random path and comes back with his paws dirty and his mouth filled with bones.

heroica-bone.jpg8x Bones

What will the party do? They should probably remember that they have some potion stealing culprits to chase.

After seeing the "Bones" He said: What no dead "birds" or "tree rats" or even a "ball"?

OoC: Don't I get a "Deadly Venom" & a "Bone"? I quoted my states just to point out the three missing items. The Gold being the third item.

Edited by samuraiturtle

1cpWsov.png

"Fine job, laddies! Boris, split the items up however you want and Warkboofhine wants us to keep his bones, if he didn't make it obvious. I also suggest we keep following the trail to find these masked cowards before more snakes come."

Na'im splutters in outrage and nudges Boris carefully with his staff "master Burehalv it is clear to me that there is a conspiracy between the dwarf and this hound to keep all the treasure between them-we must act before it is too late!" Na' murmurs barely moving his mouth in the process

He turns to Rhysicz "there should be some blood stains on the trail we were following unless you were too preoccupied to notice them"