Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

Boris calls out, but remains hidden. "Crimes? Sounds like he's an honorable chap, just wants to cure his nephew. We're listening."

heroicaquest128-assassinelf.jpg

"Ha! Nephew? What did that old fool tell you about Zug? He was one of our best members, and a true assassin. Unlike others..." He stares at the being made of fire and the dwarf. "Anyhow, let us begin."

heroicaquest128-assassindwarf.jpg

"'Tis the tale of a heartless bastard that is!"

"Ehem. To begin, they sent Zug to get instructions from a contract. Normally, we would get it from a letter, but this man needed to say the exact specifications for some reason. They figured as he was an alchemist then it would be normal of the client to ask this. They quickly became aware of Zug not being out in the streets or somewhere, and they too heard of the man kidnapping Zug. They s-"

heroicaquest128-assassineye.jpg

"HUH? I THOUGHT A SPY SAW THE NOTICE AT THE HEROICA HALL."

"You imbecile! As you might see, instead of brains this foul creature has ash and smoke."

The fiery being shuts up.

"Where were we? Ah, yes, the kidnapping. They sent an elite member to deal with this, and that one never came back. Now all they want is the potion and, optionally, Doctor Rillo's corpse. We obviously couldn't deal with the corpse when five armed men were guarding the small house. Now, we can still all win if you go ahead and murder that sadistic mixologist. 500 gold will be waiting for you right here, if you do."

There isn't a trace of a smile on Rhyszicz face, and apparently the direwolf was growling.

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpg

"Zorry, but you kill contractorzez and I and Warkboofhine are not help. You not know honor?"

How would the party respond?

Edited by Cutcobra

Na'im laughs coldly his laughs filling the clearing "oh you don't need to worry my dear Rhysicz these assassins aren't going anywhere- you are assassins by trade you imbeciles, why would we ever trust a word you say-you probably plan to murder us all when we turn and leave! After all, whoever heard of a trustworthy assassin?"

Na'im shakes his head at the trio of red assassins "Oh and as for your friend Zug?" His face twists into a sneer "Just an occupational hazard my friends-he should have known the only thing he was signing up for was a life of pain and eventual death. You should know nobody leaves the red assassins"

Na'ims hefts the Lucerna Beautus and settles into a low battle ready stance

"So to save your comrade and avenge his kidnapping, you steal a potion? Not buying it friend, why don't you just give us back the potion and we'll forget about this whole ordeal. You don't want to fight us and your gold isn't going to stop anything. What do you say?" Boris walked into the light, mace over one shoulder.

Nalguz shrugged.

"I sEE no ReaSOn nOt tO taKE thE goLD, anD gET OUr rEwArD By lOOting hiS HouSE. SamE ENdgaMe, mORe golD!"

Nalguz shrugged.

"I sEE no ReaSOn nOt tO taKE thE goLD, anD gET OUr rEwArD By lOOting hiS HouSE. SamE ENdgaMe, mORe golD!"

:laugh::devil_laugh:

Still hiding in the shadows.

OK, it is not clear to me what is he doing to "Zug"? That you need to save him from the "Doc".

Mhinak's begins to get a maniacal smile and he puts his hands together and does a sort of wave pattern with his fingers.

1cpWsov.png

"I don't know but I think we should take this offer, laddies. It's not like the doctor offered much anyway. We should at least listen to what they have to say."

"I'll give them one chance to explain themselves again, but if it doesn't match up, the Red Death will be the least of their worries."

Na'im laughs coldly his laughs filling the clearing "oh you don't need to worry my dear Rhysicz these assassins aren't going anywhere- you are assassins by trade you imbeciles, why would we ever trust a word you say-you probably plan to murder us all when we turn and leave! After all, whoever heard of a trustworthy assassin?"

Na'im shakes his head at the trio of red assassins "Oh and as for your friend Zug?" His face twists into a sneer "Just an occupational hazard my friends-he should have known the only thing he was signing up for was a life of pain and eventual death. You should know nobody leaves the red assassins"

heroicaquest128-assassineye.jpg

"YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RED ASSASSINS, AND NOTHING OF THE BURDEN THAT COMES WITH BEING THE MOST PROFFESIONAL AROUND. AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY 'PLAN TO MURDER US ALL WHEN WE TURN', WE ARE NOT BLUE ASSASSINS."

"So to save your comrade and avenge his kidnapping, you steal a potion? Not buying it friend, why don't you just give us back the potion and we'll forget about this whole ordeal. You don't want to fight us and your gold isn't going to stop anything. What do you say?" Boris walked into the light, mace over one shoulder.

"No. There is no possible way to save Zug unless we waste the cure on him. Alas, sacrifices must be made. And we would have of course taken Ralli's soul off of this world, too bad you were there to to interrupt the vengeance. The main job here was to get the elixir for research, not revenge."

:laugh::devil_laugh:

Still hiding in the shadows.

OK, it is not clear to me what is he doing to "Zug"? That you need to save him from the "Doc".

"We believe the alchemist gave Zug an impossible mission and so the Red Death fell upon him. And the only thing that needs saving here is the potion, and in the future, we will also need the old man's corpse."

Mhinak's begins to get a maniacal smile and he puts his hands together and does a sort of wave pattern with his fingers.

1cpWsov.png

"I don't know but I think we should take this offer, laddies. It's not like the doctor offered much anyway. We should at least listen to what they have to say."

heroicaquest128-assassindwarf.jpg

"Ye should list'n to that sm'rtie th're." She then puts on a serious look. "So, ye w'nt gold or not? M'ke it quick, we're on a schedule."

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpg

"Heroez..."

What will the party do?

"What makes you think they have any gold? Sounds to me like we're just supposed to trust them, go take care of the doc and a pot of gold will be magically waiting for us."

"What makes you think they have any gold? Sounds to me like we're just supposed to trust them, go take care of the doc and a pot of gold will be magically waiting for us."

1cpWsov.png

"They are contracted killers, they get paid to kill. So surely enough they have gold but if they don't, then I think you know what we should do."

"Master Burehalv is quite right-no matter how honourable they are they are still assassins by trade and cannot be trusted-they make a living out of murder and trickery for goodness sake!" Na'im exclaims in an exasperated voice. He was beggining to panic that the party did not see the situation the way he did

"They are contracted killers, they get paid to kill. So surely enough they have gold but if they don't, then I think you know what we should do."

"Master Burehalv is quite right-no matter how honourable they are they are still assassins by trade and cannot be trusted-they make a living out of murder and trickery for goodness sake!" Na'im exclaims in an exasperated voice. He was beggining to panic that the party did not see the situation the way he did

They are "professional scum", they better have the Gold...

Professional my @$$, they seem more "green" to me. If they knew what they were doing they would of attacked us at the cabin. And do not give me some crap about the "Deadly Legendary Red Assassins" I do not care what you call yourself's red, green, blue, pink, or what ever color you want to be. I mean, I do not expect some one give a crap that I am a "Demon".

Then add: I am all for Naguz plan. Then leaps out of the shadows near the "Red Assassins". Waiting for the inevitable fight that was sure to come. You better convince my "friends" not to start this fight with you. Directing it to the "Red Assassins".

As the party argues, they could some seriousness on the elf's face. It was a nice break from the 'no emotion' on his face before.

"Time waits for no one, and your time is up."

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest128-assassinelf.jpgRed Assassin 'Leader'

*Immune to Sudden Death, Doomed, Asleep and Fast Asleep,* *Bleeding by 1*

Type: Humanoid

Level: 3

Health: 38/40

Special: Red Reaper: The Red Assassin Leader strikes all enemies with a 1/3 chance to instantly kill each one.

Drops (situational):

If killed by the Bleeding effect: Cloak of the Red Assassin (Increases chance of assassination to 1/3; suitable to Assassins), Red Elixir (Quest Item)

If killed normally: Red Elixir (Quest Item)

NOTE: The Red Assassin Leader's attacks have a 1/3 chance to instantly kill.

heroicaquest128-assassindwarf.jpgRed Assassin 'Defender'

*Immune to Earth elemental attacks, Level Decreasing and Blinded*

Type: Humanoid

Level: 4

Health: 45/45

SP: 2

Special: You've Got Red On You: The Red Assassin Defender activates a Blood Aura that lasts for 3 rounds. The blood aura has a 1/6 chance to instantly kill anyone the Red Assassin Defender protects.

Drops: (situational):

If killed by the Bleeding effect: Red Handcannon (WP: 8; handcannon), Red Shield (SP:8; shield)

If killed normally: Slick Handcannon (WP: 4; handcannon), Bulky Shield (SP: 4; shield)

NOTE: As long as Red Assassin Leader is alive, the Defender's attacks have a 1/6 chance to instantly kill. Every time an ally is attacked, the Defender has a 1/3 chance to be targeted instead.

heroicaquest128-assassineye.jpgRed Assassin 'Smokemaster'

*Fire elemental attacks* *Immune to Sealed and Asleep*

Type: Fiery

Level: 4

Health: 40/40

Ether: 5/5

Special I : NOW YOU SEE ME: Changes the weather to Smokey, making all Darkness and Fire elemental attacks deal an additional Blinded effect for 3 rounds. Costs 1 ether. If out of ether, restores 2 ether instead.

Special II: NOW YOU ARE ON FIRE: Deals 4 fire elemental damage to all enemies. Costs 2 ether. If out of ether, restore 5 ether instead.

Drops (situational):

If killed by the Bleeding effect: 3x Blind Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the blinded-effect to all opponents when used.), Badge of the Smokemaster (Max. Ether +5; User can spend 5 ether in each battle to make the whole party flee; suitable to classes with ether; accessory)

If killed normally: 3x Fire Bomb (Causes 5 fire-elemental damage to all enemies.), Badge of the Smokemaster (Max. Ether +5; User can spend 5 ether in each battle to make the whole party flee; suitable to classes with ether; accessory)

NOTE: As long as Red Assassin Leader is alive, the Smokemaster's attacks have a 1/6 chance to instantly kill.

Party:

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 7

Power: 10 (7 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 15/15 (14)

Ether: 11/11 (10)

Gold: 3

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 4 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Floral Bomb, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal"), 2x Bone

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

Name -The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness*

Level - 7

Power - 12

Defense - 1

Health - 8/13

Ether - 0

Gold - 81

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Ethereal Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer]

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb, Bone, Deadly Venom

- Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- [Decamon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak, 40 Year Old Dwarf

Level 3 Ranger

Power: 6

Health: 8/8

Gold: 10

Equipment: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP:3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb, Emerald, Phoenix Essence, Bone

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue. *Liquid Metal Dagger Façade: Poisoned by 1*

Level 3

Health: 9/9

Gold: 0

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory: Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured), Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence, Floral Bomb, 2x Bone

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 3

Health: 11/11

Max ether: 3/7

Gold: 0

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff)

Inventory: Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, 2x Bone

heroicaquest128-dog.jpg Warkboofhine (NPC, controlled by Goliath) "Bark! <I'm hungry>"

Type: Beast

Level 2

Health: 7/7

Attacks from the front deal the Bleeding: 1 effect to humanoids, beasts and vermin. Warkboofhine does not cover free hits.

heroicaquest128-goblinhunter.jpgRhyszicz Daanmokaar (NPC, controlled by Waterbrick Down) "I knowed I can truzt you, merzenariez!"

39 years old male goblin Hunter *Immune to Doomed and Sudden Death* *Favors vermin*

Level 5

Power: 10

Health: 13/13

Gold:: 47

Equipment: Handmade Bow (WP: 5), Goblin Slave Collar (Immune to Doomed and Sudden Death; suitable to former or current goblin slaves), Teaching of the Direwolf (Grants Animal Talk; does not take up an artifact slot; suitable to Rhyszicz only)

Inventory: Contract for a Disturbance in the Eubric Forest, Remedy

Edited by Cutcobra

Na'im turns complexion darkens as he sees what he had got himself into, but he convinced himself that either way a fight with the assassins would have been inevitable as they would have attacked them anyway when they turned their backs. Na'im knew that this was the toughest fight he had been in for a long time and he would be forced to use every inkling of cunning he had to achieve victory

"Rhysicz my friend, I want to make these do-good ers suffer" he declares "perhaps getting Warkaboofhine to attack them from a distance (the back row) will give them a slow and painful death, but alas we do not have the time and I fear we will all have to pull our weight" he glances at Nalguz and Minhak who had wanted to spare the assassins "master Burehalv I feel that dirt bomb you pocess may be the key to taking down the being shrouded in smoke and I think Rhysicz should be the one to take on the cheif if he feels up to it"

OOC:To maximise loot I think the best think to do would be to stick to bombs and Lower level hero attacks-Rhysicz is the only one of us who can avoid sudden death but at the same time I would rather not have him knock out some of the enemies and us not to get the best loot possible-on the plus side all of us Phoenix essences so a TPKO is unlikely

OoC: I agree with Enceladus. You you sure that bombs and regular attacks will cause enemies to bleed? I know Warkboofhine can make enemies bleed if his attacks are from the front row.

Ooc: Warkboofhine can not make "Smokemaster" "Bleed". And the "Leader" should be the first one taken out it weakens the other two "Instant Kill" skill.

And does "Poison" count like "Bleeding"?

"We'll see how this first round goes. Germ and Rhyszicz, take the Leader from the back, have your Hound take on the Defender from the front. Germ make sure to use that wrench of yours. Everyone else, take on the smokey one." Boris leveled his mace and swung at the Smokemaster from the back row.

Battle Order:

Boris

Warkboofhine

Rhyszicz

Germ

Mhinak

Nalguz

Na'im

I kind of want to go after the "Fire Guy" but, the "Leader" is good too. With the Wrench from the Back Row.

Mmm, some one should deal with the "Defender", for now.

"Don't worry, I'll keep the Defender busy and you'll get your chance at sparky once the Leader's a bit less powerful." Boris smiles showing his two fangs.

"We'll see how this first round goes. Germ and Rhyszicz, take the Leader from the back, have your Hound take on the Defender from the front. Germ make sure to use that wrench of yours. Everyone else, take on the smokey one." Boris leveled his mace and swung at the Smokemaster from the back row.

Battle Order:

Boris

Warkboofhine

Rhyszicz

Germ

Mhinak

Nalguz

Na'im

OOC: don't you think you should put Boris near the end so he can pull off a miricale to maximum effect? If we can't make the smokemaster bleed then it's no big deal really-the others have much better situational drops but it dose make we wonder why cutcobra included it. That said the smokemaster specials look the most dangerous of the lot with all the AOE so are you sure it is a good idea to have so many of us attack him (this is why I suggested using the bombs) .Oh, and cutcobra I should be back to full ether after drinking that tonic :) (sorry about that wall of strategy)

Na'im sighs "very well then master Burehalv we shall do it your way in all your infinite wisdom" Na'ims eyes widen when he sees Nalguz skirt over to the enemy party "Abandon us Nalguz and be damned!" Na'im crys

Na'im attacks the leader from the front row unless WBD overrules me

1cpWsov.png

"It's time to die you mug!"

Mhinak attacks the Smokemaster with Wooden Hand Cannon from Back Row

Warkboofhine attacks the Defender from Front Row