I see [TC6] has heated the atmosphere quite a bit, so I propose a run in the snow, for relaxation purposes :)

One of the best choices for this activity is my Dirt Crusher MOD, a snow-ready half-track beast that I named Tracker, for kicks.

It's based on the amazing Prowler (RC), built by the one of the best Lego tank creators in the world, Tommy Styrvoky! Thank you, master ;)

Photos of the beast after some test runs:

15939650233_dda3dbc143_b.jpg

15937265514_9650b229fd_b.jpg

16373548449_da2734219f_b.jpg

16372162258_aef5f22947_b.jpg

YouTube video of it's first run on snow:

The 2nd video, filmed closer, and after reinforcing the treads:

I still have no clue how to embed a video on these forums, who can help me out? :)

You will notice Technic bricks flying off in a spectacular fashion, it seems the half-stud pins are not the best choice for this powerhouse.

But I do need some way to increase traction on soft or thick snow, so if anyone has any idea what to replace them with, please let me know, thank you.

Edited by braker23

Great model, I'm glad to see that someone was inspired to build this on a Dirt Crusher chassis. For embedding video put. [.media]youtube link[/media.] remove the periods

Thanks Tommy, I am planning to improve it and make a new video, if it snows again. Now, what should I use on the treads, to improve traction?

Thanks Tommy, I am planning to improve it and make a new video, if it snows again. Now, what should I use on the treads, to improve traction?

Hmm I haven't really experimented with that too much. Some technic beams that are longer than the bricks that are currently on there may provide a better grip.

Cool mod. Seems to grip well.

I actually also have modded my LEGO Dirt Crusher as well. But I haven't shared my creation with the world yet.

I have replaced all the electronics except the motors with hobby grade electronics. This includes replacing the old steering electronics with a 1/10 scale servo.

That was the most difficult part, since there is no obvious way to link the servo to the steering mechanism.

The speed control and radio were easy and just fit where the old electronics resided.

The motor was just a question of stripping the cable, revealing a + and - wire to connect to the speed control.

And there you have it, a dirt crusher with 2.4 GHz radio with 200m+ range and 2S-3S LiPo support.

Of course, the next step is brushless motors, but I will leave that to someone even more crazy than me :))

Thanks Brickster93, I do love the way it moves, and on grass it's very fast.

You made me very curious of your MOD, care to share some pictures of it, and maybe a video? :)

Thanks Brickster93, I do love the way it moves, and on grass it's very fast.

You made me very curious of your MOD, care to share some pictures of it, and maybe a video? :)

Sorry for the late reply...

Hi there! Hopefully you'll read my reply and enlighten me about how you did the conversion on the steering system as the video you posted is no longer available.

Thanks!!

On 4/10/2015 at 10:19 AM, Brickster93 said:

Sorry for the late reply...

It isn't available anymore unfortunately :/