Sign in to follow this  
Dr Leg O Brick

MOC: Mini scale Babylon 5

"It was the dawn of the third age of mankind – ten years after the Earth-Minbari War. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call – home away from home – for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal… all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5."

16521982065_8b31602fa4_z.jpg

Babylon 5 is one of my favourite shows of any genre, so while re-watching the show from start to finish, I knew I had to attempt something in Lego. While minifigures is more in the territory I usually work in (and I'm working on that), I attempted something I've never done before, a mini-scale, non minifigure sized ship, or station in this case.

Here's a few more pictures:

16343178877_ee3228b31f_z.jpg

A side view. The way I constructed the habitat cylinder (the big grey and blue cylinder) means it can rotate, however, it's very delicate.

15899419264_f6d6ac88d2_z.jpg

And the base, with the B5 logo and a cradle to rest the station

As this is my first go at making such a creation, I'd love any advice on how to improve it, particular the solar panels. Either way, I hope you like it!

Nice work. Ivanova would approve. Clever model stand. :classic:

Reference pic for those not familiar with Bab5:

b5_o1.jpg