Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

25 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

I'd love a set based on the Quantum Realm sub, but I honestly only see us getting 1 set based on the street chase. $50 for Ant-Man, Wasp, Hank Pym, Ghost, Giant-Man, a motorcycle, the Pym's van and a street corner would be good enough for me.

Unless we're getting 2 sets, I really can't see them choosing a generic vehicle design over an interesting one that probably plays an important role in the film. It would be like Lego making a set with the car Doctor Strange crashes at the beginning of Doctor Strange instead of the Sanctum Sanctorum. Yes, they were both major parts of the movie, but they chose the one which mattered more.

34 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

I'd love a set based on the Quantum Realm sub, but I honestly only see us getting 1 set based on the street chase. $50 for Ant-Man, Wasp, Hank Pym, Ghost, Giant-Man, a motorcycle, the Pym's van and a street corner would be good enough for me.

I still want a mini van and flip feature... For all this I'd pay $50. I'm still gonna hope for 2 sets, as mentioned.

Just now, ood0 said:

Unless we're getting 2 sets, I really can't see them choosing a generic vehicle design over an interesting one that probably plays an important role in the film. It would be like Lego making a set with the car Doctor Strange crashes at the beginning of Doctor Strange instead of the Sanctum Sanctorum. Yes, they were both major parts of the movie, but they chose the one which mattered more.

If Ghost has anything to do with the Quantum sub, then for sure I could see that being the set. But if it came down to the sub or street chase, I think LEGO would choose to make a set based off the scene with the main villain over one with Janet Van Dyne. Plus there's the fact that Janet's rescue could be considered a spoiler, Marvel may not want merchandise spoiling the scene.

10 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I'm just holding out for a LEGO Luis.

I will buy ANY set that includes Luis!

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Weren't there some kind of angled, trapezoidal wings from Galaxy Squad? Or am I misremembering?

The wings you think of are the same used on Beetle and Blue Beetle (unless you talk of the ones used on the robots, which were clip on pieces, which despite being cool if they were used, Wasp would have a clunky back build like Yellowjacket, which is less than ideal)

My ideal preference for Wasp wings would be the ones used for CMF 8 Fairy/Bee Girl/Killer Moth, but with some tech-y printing on them

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Ant-man: Either a repeat, or almost identical to, the one in the Ant-Man vs Yellowjacket set.

All in all, I predict that the set will probably end up disappointing people as they probably won't make any new molds, even though they are clearly needed.

No way Ant Man will be a repeat, he has an entirely new costume

As for new molds, the last Ant Man set introduced 2 new pieces that couldn't be used outside of those characters (although maybe Yellowjackets could somewhere... possibly in an original LEGO theme... Who knows). Ragnarok introduced 3, as did Black Panther. I'm sure they won't disappoint with new molds, all you really need is a Wasp helmet, and like you stated a micro figure would be FANTASTIC

16 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I'm just holding out for a LEGO Luis.

I can't state just how important and essential this is

53 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

If Ghost has anything to do with the Quantum sub, then for sure I could see that being the set. But if it came down to the sub or street chase, I think LEGO would choose to make a set based off the scene with the main villain over one with Janet Van Dyne. Plus there's the fact that Janet's rescue could be considered a spoiler, Marvel may not want merchandise spoiling the scene.

If we get two sets, I could see them doing a quantum relem sub but at this point with no sets announced, I’m just hoping for one set

58 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Actually the vehicle they are driving is the ant van. It is pretty famous vechicle

Just gimme Wasp, micro Wasp, Ghost, and new Ant-Man.

Those and I will be happy.  That's if we are getting sets, though.

I wonder if we might get a comic or cartoon based set or two in the summer. I think comic based is the more likely as Marvel is in the process of rebooting their animation slate (finally).

Also, i wonder what the chances are of sets based on Cloak and Dagger and New Warriors (if it ever sees the light of day) both of these shows are supposed to be aimed at younger audiences

My crazy hope for summer is 2-ant man sets (A Submarine set and the shrinking ant van set) 1 comic based set and 1 Cloak and Dagger set...I know I'm dreaming but why not shoot for the moon?

Calling it now, Hot Wheels-looking purple car with flames and giant exhaust pipes from the Ant Man and the Wasp trailer will be in the/a set.

The 'Ant-Van' almost definitely will, hopefully both as large and micro models.

Edited by LegoTFGuy

1 minute ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Is it confirmed that we are getting  one Ant-Man and the wasp set?

No right now we have no confirmation we are even getting Sets based on the film 

Here are my thoughts on what the sets would probably be like based on my theories about the movie.

If we get one set;

• Ant-Van vehicle + motorcycle for Ghost ($29,99)
  • 4 Figures
  • Wasp, Ant-Man, Goliath, Ghost
  • Accessories would include a micro-sized Ant-Van and the ability to catapult the 'Hello Kitty' Pez dispenser from the back of the van (Similar to the Lego Brick in the previous Ant-Man set)
  • Idea of this set would be that you'd have the Ant-Van trying to escape with Ghost in pursuit Ant-Man would be driving the vehicle while Wasp would be firing the catapult Pez dispenser. Goliath would be included in the set causing havoc. It would be similar in design to the 'Prisoner Transporter' set though given it would contain four figures instead of three, it would be priced higher and the quad-bike replaced with a motorbike.

If we get two sets;

• Ant-Van vehicle + motorcycle for Ghost ($24.99)
  • 3 Figures + 1 Microfigure
  • Wasp, Ghost, Hank Pym (Outfit from the trailers), Ant-Man Microfigure (Scott Lang version)
  • Accessories would include the 'building suitcase' from the trailers, a micro-sized Ant-Van and the ability to catapult the 'Hello Kitty' Pez dispenser from the back of the van (Similar to the Lego Brick in the previous Ant-Man set)
  • Idea of this set would be that you'd have the Ant-Man vehicle trying to escape with Ghost in pursuit, Hank Pym would be driving while Wasp would be firing the catapult Pez dispenser. It would be similar in design to the 'Prisoner Transporter' set containing three mini-figures also - though the quad-bike would be replaced with a motorbike.

• Brick Built Goliath +  Micro-figure scale city build ( $34.99)
  • 1 Brick Built figure + 3 Figures + 1 Microfigure
  • Ant-Man, Goliath, Janet Van Dyne (In original Wasp outfit), Wasp Microfigure (Hope Van Dyne version)
  • Idea of this set would be that you'd have the Brick Built Goliath to fight against the Civil War Brick Built Ant-Man OR you'd be able to re-enact the two giant characters battling via using the mini-figures which would appear massive next to the included micro-sized City. Janet Van Dyne would be included in her original outfit to go alongside Hank Pym wearing an Ant-Man outfit in the previous Ant-Man set. It would be a similar style set to 'Wonder Woman Warrior Battle' in that the brick-built figure would be the focus though given it would contain three figures instead of two, it would be priced higher.
Edited by Scarilian

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:
  •  
  • Ant-Man, Goliath, Janet Van Dyne (In original Wasp outfit), Wasp Microfigure (Hope Van Dyne version)
  • Idea of this set would be that you'd have the Brick Built Goliath to fight against the Civil War Brick Built Ant-Man OR you'd be able to re-enact the two giant characters battling via using the mini-figures which would appear massive next to the included micro-sized City. Janet Van Dyne would be included in her original outfit to go alongside Hank Pym wearing an Ant-Man outfit in the previous Ant-Man set. It would be a similar style set to 'Wonder Woman Warrior Battle' in that the brick-built figure would be the focus though given it would contain three figures instead of two, it would be priced higher.

I honestly don't think they'll do Goliath in the movie, instead he will probably stick to being a "Hank Pym" type character. I find it more likely that, if they do 2 sets, it will be the van and the sub-atomic submarine.

1 minute ago, ood0 said:

I honestly don't think they'll do Goliath in the movie, instead he will probably stick to being a "Hank Pym" type character. I find it more likely that, if they do 2 sets, it will be the van and the sub-atomic submarine.

Sub-atomic submarine would probably make for a good set - i just think that we'll see Ant-Man have a character to face-off against while Was faces off against Ghost - at least that is the vibe i was getting from the trailer. Also would be unsure what would require Ant-Man to be giant in the trailer if he's not facing a giant threat - hence my speculation on Goliath :P

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Sub-atomic submarine would probably make for a good set - i just think that we'll see Ant-Man have a character to face-off against while Was faces off against Ghost - at least that is the vibe i was getting from the trailer. Also would be unsure what would require Ant-Man to be giant in the trailer if he's not facing a giant threat - hence my speculation on Goliath :P

Goliath is typically a goodie though, I see him more as an unwilling antagonist, maybe being forced to make gadgets for ghost.

Giant-Man in the trailer is facing down a guy holding on to Hank Pym's building, so he's probably saving himself at the same time as going "hey man, you and your goons chucking me overboard didn't work"

17 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I agree with your theory about if we get two sets we will get a brick built Goliath. I’ve been thinking since the casting that we will be a villain and they idea of having both brick built Goliath and Giant Man would be great. I think his set could possibly include a lab build for him to break through walls. 

As far as the 7th Infinity War set, I’m personally hoping for the Collector’s room. There was

An unfinished scene that leaked just days before the Infinity Trailer was released thatfeatures the Guardians sneaking into the Collector’s room where Thanos was interrogating Tivon. 

This could include missing character such as unarmored Thanos, Drax, Mantis, and maybe even The Collector and an accurate Thor, I don’t know. 

On 2/2/2018 at 11:39 AM, Aegis2000 said:

As far as the 7th Infinity War set, I’m personally hoping for the Collector’s room. There was

Reveal hidden contents

An unfinished scene that leaked just days before the Infinity Trailer was released thatfeatures the Guardians sneaking into the Collector’s room where Thanos was interrogating Tivon. 

This could include missing character such as unarmored Thanos, Drax, Mantis, and maybe even The Collector and an accurate Thor, I don’t know. 

You’re getting my hopes up now. 

There are no comic sets this summer. If there were, they would be in the summer catalog, and the only Marvel sets in there were the Infinity War ones. 

If we get an Ant-Man and the Wasp set, it’ll be a retailer exclusive but I’m honestly not sure if we’re gonna get one at this point. I really want an updated Ant-Man and a Wasp figure especially since one probably won’t be made for Avengers 4. 

23 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

You’re getting my hopes up now. 

There are no comic sets this summer. If there were, they would be in the summer catalog, and the only Marvel sets in there were the Infinity War ones. 

If we get an Ant-Man and the Wasp set, it’ll be a retailer exclusive but I’m honestly not sure if we’re gonna get one at this point. I really want an updated Ant-Man and a Wasp figure especially since one probably won’t be made for Avengers 4. 

The catalogue that was leaked was missing normal retail sets that are coming out in the summer ie powerpuff girls and unikitty so there is a chance but at this point I think Lego wants to promote the heck out of the infinity war sets so they don’t want any more marvel sets unless it’s infinity war coming out on shelves 

My hopes for an Ant-Man and the Wasp set would be

• Micro-verse ship seen in the trailer
  • Small extra micro-verse build like in the first Ant-Man set
  • Ant-Man
  • Wasp
  • Hank Pym
  • Janet Van Dyne
  • Ghost
  • $40

On 1/30/2018 at 5:16 PM, Wonkyeye1 said:

Well, Lego has skipped the main villain for 3/7 of the Phase 3 movies which isn’t a good sign and they often spoil big movie scenes (Giant-Man’s Civil War appearance, for example).

8 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I hope we get a new mold for Antman helmetin the set, probably also Wasp. 

are you hinting that we are getting a set?