Grosse Kind

Evening from Queensland

Hi. Glen here in oz. Been lego'ing a bit over 30 years and still love the stuff. Bought my dream set in 2009 (wanted since age 6) and am still happily tinkering with it and another i bought last year. Love technic and so far have had zero to do with studless. I may come around someday but no mad rush and i fear as to beginning whilst i don't know where it would end.

Still yet to regather my older collection but hope to soon.

Unlikely to add much of any novelty to the knowledgebase but might post a few details of my babies as i get settled in.

Thanks for your time.

Welcome to Eurobricks, Grosse Kind!

Would you care to share your dream set and modifications? I am looking forward to seeing what you build!

AC8A403B-2A88-40C7-B0BA-90E199C675E1_zpsfzdffdob.jpg

This little girl filled a hole that i nearly forgot existed. She is not pristine (what from Ebay ever is?) and theres a broken fawcet/sparkplug that i should chase down one day but i was ecstatic to have one after a twenty five year wait.

The right hand drive bit is pretty obvious. Bar that, all my love has been poured into the transmission. Will try and put a few photos of where that went astray tomorrow. All standard parts are on it plus a few (period specific besides six toothed half width bushes, likely will swap out for full widths when i get my spares back from mum and dads attic one day) extras and one or two i've chosen to alter/bastardize to get the end effect i was after. Can be returned to box stock easily but its lego: its in pieces when you buy it, and i see nothing wrong with adding to/modifying the base design so as to make it more playable or functional.

Thanks.

...i see nothing wrong with adding to/modifying the base design so as to make it more playable or functional.

Thanks.

That is a nice set, even though I personally do not own much Technic! There is an amazing level of functionality. I am certainly in support of modifying or freebuilding MOCs using your own creativity!

Thankyou Balbo, LittleJohn and incomplet also.

Been looking around the site, getting pangs of want and admiration from some of the builds i'm seeing and models i wasn't previously aware of. Not necessarily a good thing as the budget doesn't currently run to the unimog i think i'm going to lust after. Will attempt not to be too much of a nuisance as i get into theswing of things.

Cheers.