Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #122: Invasion of the Sheep Snatchers

16478145536_5ecf89ef68_t.jpg

"Oh, aren't we one with words?" Lily coos in delight.

15881582104_98458ba58b_t.jpg

"Dropped things... wait, there have been occasions when the beams couldn't pull something in. Sometimes they try to pull up a few sheep, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and they move on."

"I won't be moving on from you anytime soon, though!"

"Seriously though, you're going to be making out with one of us, right?"

The two women giggle at Purpearl's comment.

"We'll be waiting for you, Tall and Handsome and Brooding." They begin to blush as they eye the black knight.

It was getting late. The sun was beginning to spread it's last bit of light as the cold darkness of night began to envelope the land. Would the party like to head back to the sheep's grazing area?

The Black Knight held out his hands, palms up.

"Much as I would like to,-" Seeing the women start to protest, he spoke slightly quicker(but not more nervously). "Much as I would love to satisfy both of your lovely selves' needs - or the singular case, whichever is worked out to be more preferable, necessity calls me to abstain, at least until the morrow.

When I...engage romantically, I can be rather...energetic, if I might euphimise, to an extent where I am very nearly violating the third law of mechanics. I'm still quite...energetic afterwards, for several more hours than you might suppose, but the flame has been partially burnt out for the moment, if you keep get the general drift. Not that that's a bad thing, but when I'm going into battle, I need a roaring maelstrom of fire, not the comfortable afterglow of a thick shovel of coals.

He winked. "But, there is one thing, though, that might get this whole nasty battle business out of the way almost before it's started, leaving us free for...more important business. Do either of you lovely ladies know about anything up here, on top of the world, that is powered by a spring mechanism, and is there any way that I could get my hands onto a sheepskin? It doesn't need to be a particularly nice one, even, a poor one would almost be better."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"Sorsha, you never did say much about the green clad kid - friend of yours?" Matthias winces internally in anticipation of an outburst to come, doing what he can to build a rapport with the girl.

15770711493_3cdbceb5ac_o.jpg

"OH NO, IT'S NOT HIM. I NEVER REALLY KNEW HIM. IT'S... MY MOM... SHE WENT MISSING WHEN I WAS LITTLE... DAD DOESN'T LIKE TO TALK ABOUT IT, BUT MY BROTHERS TELL ME SHE WAS TAKEN BY THE OTHERS..." Sorsha seems somewhat upset bringing up the topic of her mother.

-----

He winked. "But, there is one thing, though, that might get this whole nasty battle business out of the way almost before it's started, leaving us free for...more important business. Do either of you lovely ladies know about anything up here, on top of the world, that is powered by a spring mechanism, and is there any way that I could get my hands onto a sheepskin? It doesn't need to be a particularly nice one, even, a poor one would almost be better."

The two women look rather confused at Lind's request.

"Why? I don't think you're getting anything like that at the moment. Everyone's locked away in their houses."

"Sorry, sweetie. However, we'll be expecting you later, alright! We can work out the details later."

"You better have your fire stoked when you come back, you hear!" Lily calls cheekily. The women fawn over Lind some more before sending their farewells and departing. The knights are now alone in the village, a lone sheep baaing from one of the houses. Will the party return to the others?

As he and the Mystic Knight stood there in the quieting village, the Black Knight shook his head.

"No springs, or sheepskins. Crumbs. Alas for my dreams of diplomacy - it would appear that my plans to gift a special sheep to these beings, has ended up blowing up in rather the wrong persons' faces."

He shook his head again.

"Well, shall we "hoof" it to the sheep fields?"

Ooc: Lind is ready to return to the sheep fields as soon as Purpearl is.

Matthias' face falls. "I'm... sorry to hear that. Would you" gulp "like a hug while we wait for the others, and the Others?"

The knights are now alone in the village, a lone sheep baaing from one of the houses. Will the party return to the others?

As he and the Mystic Knight stood there in the quieting village, the Black Knight shook his head.

"No springs, or sheepskins. Crumbs. Alas for my dreams of diplomacy - it would appear that my plans to gift a special sheep to these beings, has ended up blowing up in rather the wrong persons' faces."

He shook his head again.

"Well, shall we "hoof" it to the sheep fields?"

Purpearl shrugs, "If we can think of anything that is viable, it is highly likely that someone else before us may have thought or did something about it. But the problem still persists it seems, added to it that we came on a short notice. Hence, the answer to the village's problems is probably very clear, especially when Heroica is involved." Taking a quick glance at the sky, "Agreed, let's head back."

Siercon replies to Sorsha's story with kindness. "We'll do our best to get her back... for now... is there anything you think we should ask the sheep before moving on?"

Matthias' face falls. "I'm... sorry to hear that. Would you" gulp "like a hug while we wait for the others, and the Others?"

Sorsha doesn't reply, she merely picks Matthais up and hugs him, although not as rib-smashingly hard as before. She doesn't cry, but she does sway the dwarf back and forth. After a moment she puts him back down gently.

"THANKS... I, UM... KIND OF NEEDED THAT..."

Siercon replies to Sorsha's story with kindness. "We'll do our best to get her back... for now... is there anything you think we should ask the sheep before moving on?"

"I DON'T KNOW, WHAT DID YOU LEARN FROM THEM?"

Jus then, the two knights make their way to the sheep's grazing area. Nightfall began to settle in as the sounds of crows and owls echo across the mountains.

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? SO, FIND ANYTHING OF INTEREST OUT?" Sorsha has officially joined the party!

The Party

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png Matthias the Carnival Crusader (StickFig) *Party Leader

22 Year Old Male Gnome

Level 17.5 Druid *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to Bound, Slowed*

Power: 36 (17 + 9 + 0 + 0 + 10)

Defense: 4 (0 + 4 + 0)

Health: 27/27 (6 + 16 + 7 + 0 - 2)

Ether: 17/17 (0 + 16 + 1 + 0 + 0)

Gold: 91

Equipment: :cannon: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP: 9, hits enemies above and below target, Darkness and Electric Elemental, user is slowed), Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearers gains +10 gold for each humanoid kill, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and beast warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (wearers is immune to bound and slowed, footwear)

Inventory: Peashooter (WP: 2, deals Burning: -2), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP: 8), Dapper Hat (Head wear, 1/6 chance to be encouraged at the beginning of battle), Ruby, 2x Elixir,Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood (first target hit is doomed, consumable), 4x Remedy, 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 16.5 Battlemage (Darkness to all Attacks; Immune to Darkness, Asleep)

Power: 33 (16 levels + WP 17)

Spell Power: 43 (Magicians Gloves +10)

Defense: 5 (Dark Phibbian Cloak +5)

Health: 25/25 (5 base + 14 lvl + 5 class)

Ether: 21/21 (5 base + 14 lvl + 1 class)

Gold: 9 (owed 100 by Purpearl)

Equipment:

-Giant Spear (WP:17, causes Bleeding, Hollow upgrade [Potion Stored])

-Dark Phibbian Cloak (SP:5, Adds Darkness-element to attacks and protects from darkness, suitable for magic users, body wear, Immune to Sleep,)

-Magicians Gloves (Spellpower +10, Artifact, Hand Wear)

Gems: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood)

Bombs: Cataclysm Bomb 200 (200 damage to all enemies with all elements [except darkness], ignores row and SP), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and poisoned by 3 to all foes),Confuse Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the confused-effect to all opponents), 5x Bone (Distracts monster for 1 turn when thrown)

Consumables: 7 Potions, 3 Remedies

Inventory: Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies, Hollow upgrade [ ____ Stored])

Tools: Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

15605732077_bd60270f70_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven Mystic Knight

Level 18.5 *Immune to Fire and Fragile, Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, Stunned*

Power: 45 (Level 18 + WP 20 + 3 A. Medal +4 Bonus #102)

Defense: 13 (5 + 3 + 5)

Health: 28/28 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 7 Health Bonus +3 A. Medal - 2 Penalty #102)

Ether: 29/29 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 3 A. Medal + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold: 163 (Owes Karie 25 gold)

GP: 6

Equipment: Zelphie's Staff (WP: 20, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Blue Hand Shield (SP:5, immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to Fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Anniversary Medal (SP: +3, Max. Health +3, Power +3, Max. Ether +3, immunity to fire, the medals stats will increase by 1 every anniversary, accessory)

Inventory:

Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, Sleep effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,wood-elemental, deals the Poisoned by 3 effect, mace), , Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Ruby (Fire), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Confusion

Consumables: 2 Potions, 11 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Bone

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

lindmainbkphotoheadshotii.jpg

Lind Whisperer *Immune to Fire* *Nimble*

21-year-old male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Rogue

Level: 16

Power Bonus:

Defense: 10

Health: 36/36 (7+15+4+9)

Gold: 2

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Chaotic Whip (WP: 5, Light and Darkness Elemental), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Nimble Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torsowear), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to Fire), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield)

Inventory:

• Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory),Akrone Fez (Artefact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone), Ethereal Deck (WP:7, throwing weapon)

• Bedroll, Shovel

• Venom, Mead x2, Potion x4, Remedy, Bone, Phoenix Essence

• Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

• Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

Sorsha the Savage (NPC)

17 years old female human Berserker

Level 17 *Natural Respite* *Immune to Ice, Wind and Water*

Power:

Health: 34/34 (8+16+10)

SP: 4

Gold: 15

Equipment: Ancestral Club (WP: 7, suitable for Sorsha only), Woolly Hat (SP:2, immunity to ice, wind and water; suitable to Sorsha only; headwear), Woolly Mitts (SP: 2, wearer's level doubles while at half health or lower while in combat, suitable for Sorsha only, handwear)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy, Mead

Just then, the two knights make their way to the sheep's grazing area. Nightfall began to settle in as the sounds of crows and owls echo across the mountains.

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? SO, FIND ANYTHING OF INTEREST OUT?" Sorsha has officially joined the party!

The Black Knight shrugged. "We learned little new information, sadly - just that the beings occasionally drop what they're attempting to lift." He turned to the gnome. "Also, I was unable to locate any mechanical devices, so it would appear that we may need to amend that plan."

"Well, I'm not sure what the plan is anymore - should we simply try to hold on to the sheep? If these beams can lift roofs off houses I doubt my slight weight will deter them. Perhaps our darkness-imbued weapons will allow us to damage the beams of light? I'm mostly out of ideas."

"Well, I'm not sure what the plan is anymore - should we simply try to hold on to the sheep? If these beams can lift roofs off houses I doubt my slight weight will deter them. Perhaps our darkness-imbued weapons will allow us to damage the beams of light? I'm mostly out of ideas."

"Well, I do know how we can protect one sheep." The Black Knight reached out and gently petted one of the beasts on the head. "Good girl. You're a pretty girl, aren't you? Yes you are, yes you are." He reached into his Bag of Holding, and pulled out his Trickster's Mask of the Human. "Now, let me just slip it on you, there's a good girl..." He carefully pulled the string back, and settled it around the head of one of the sheep(Maud), so that she equipped it.

OoC: I knew that would come in handy.

suitable for anyone

Curious, Purpearl speaks, "What purpose do you seek to achieve with the mask? Once The Others greet these innocent sheep and anyone in their way with their shiny light, we can only bow in remembrance. Attacking them may or may not work, but so far we know from the villagers that physical attacks might not work. We can try experimenting with magic, but we risk being targeted by their beams. As scary as they might seek to portray, there's a certain laziness in their acts of levitation. In other words, if beaming up inanimate or animate objects prove to be much of a hassle, they will simply give up. Perhaps we can try to exploit that by suggesting that we and the sheep move away from the light as it comes but o come up with a viable plan, we need to consider the safety of the villagers and to retain as many sheep as possible at the end of this."

Curious, Purpearl speaks, "What purpose do you seek to achieve with the mask?

"Two reasons. One, that's one less "sheep" we have to guard, and two - even more importantly - it's funny."

Once The Others greet these innocent sheep and anyone in their way with their shiny light, we can only bow in remembrance. Attacking them may or may not work, but so far we know from the villagers that physical attacks might not work. We can try experimenting with magic, but we risk being targeted by their beams. As scary as they might seek to portray, there's a certain laziness in their acts of levitation. In other words, if beaming up inanimate or animate objects prove to be much of a hassle, they will simply give up. Perhaps we can try to exploit that by suggesting that we and the sheep move away from the light as it comes but o come up with a viable plan, we need to consider the safety of the villagers and to retain as many sheep as possible at the end of this."

"I was actually thinking of purposely guiding a sheep into one of the beams - while I'm astride it, and carrying the Cataclysm Bomb. Throw it up into the beam ahead of us, boom-boom, flash-flash, sauc-magic being is blown up. The sheep and I gently crash back down to earth, and we spend a very pleasant(except for my sprained ankle) night star-gazing. To-morrow morning, we drop back to the village, let the Chief know that everything's grand, and we pop on back to Eubric, another quest successfully complete."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"Two reasons. One, that's one less "sheep" we have to guard, and two - even more importantly - it's funny."

"I was actually thinking of purposely guiding a sheep into one of the beams - while I'm astride it, and carrying the Cataclysm Bomb. Throw it up into the beam ahead of us, boom-boom, flash-flash, sauc-magic being is blown up. The sheep and I gently crash back down to earth, and we spend a very pleasant(except for my sprained ankle) night star-gazing. To-morrow morning, we drop back to the village, let the Chief know that everything's grand, and we pop on back to Eubric, another quest successfully complete."

"Looks like that mushroom you've eaten back at the Hall has its after effects." Purpearl folds her arms and gazes at the sky, slightly amused.

"Looks like that mushroom you've eaten back at the Hall has its after effects." Purpearl folds her arms and gazes at the sky, slightly amused.

The Black Knight gently brushed his fingers along the smooth black metal sides of his helmet. "A price well paid, I assure you."

He reached over, and pulled the Trickster's Mask off the sheep. "I can always re-equip it, when the time comes. Besides, it's not every day that you find a little trinket like this - I'd hate for the sheep to be spooked later, and run off with it." He dropped his bedroll onto the ground, and gently tapped it with the end of his sabaton, causing it to roll out nearly flat except for a few turns at one end. Finding a comfortable position on it, he sat down and stretched.

"So, how do we want to take our shifts..." His voice trailed off, and he rolled his eyes. "And only now, do I think of what it is we didn't think to ask the villagers." He turned, and looked towards Sorsha. "Master Fighter, could you elucidate on what time these magical beings commonly appear?"

"So, how do we want to take our shifts..." His voice trailed off, and he rolled his eyes. "And only now, do I think of what it is we didn't think to ask the villagers." He turned, and looked towards Sorsha. "Master Fighter, could you elucidate on what time these magical beings commonly appear?"

"RIGHT NOW." Looking up, Sorsha points to the party a series of small lights, almost like stars, seemingly growing larger, and larger! They'd be on top of the party within a minute!

Edited by Kintobor

"RIGHT NOW." Looking up, Sorsha points to the party a series of small lights, almost like stars, seemingly growing larger, and larger! They'd be on top of the party within a minute!

"Of course they are..." The Black Knight popped the cap off the small bottle of mead in his pocket, and swallowed the liquid down without stopping. He shoved the bottle back into his pocket.

"Alright, then. All's as has any last preparations, make them!" He turned to Siercon. "Could you please hand me the bomb? If anyone's going to be risking their lives near that thing, it's going to be me."

"Battle formation, heroes! "

Purpearl sighs in disgust as she reluctantly counts the number of starry lights in the sky.

"Alright, then. All's as has any last preparations, make them!" He turned to Siercon. "Could you please hand me the bomb? If anyone's going to be risking their lives near that thing, it's going to be me."

"Battle formation, heroes! "

"Before you embark on your act of heroism and ultimate sacrifice, despite all the warnings from the villagers that those that go up never come back, would you bring several newborns with you, especially if they're not yours?" Purpearl unequips the Medal and dangles it in front of Lind with her staff. "I'm sorry, if there's a slight negative possibility that you might never return, I think Regulus would do the same. The tunic, tricorne, whip and the shield please. I think that's only fair for all of us, I'm happy to lend to you again if you make it back."

"Before you embark on your act of heroism and ultimate sacrifice, despite all the warnings from the villagers that those that go up never come back, would you bring several newborns with you, especially if they're not yours?" Purpearl unequips the Medal and dangles it in front of Lind with her staff. "I'm sorry, if there's a slight negative possibility that you might never return, I think Regulus would do the same. The tunic, tricorne, whip and the shield please. I think that's only fair for all of us, I'm happy to lend to you again if you make it back."

"Ah. Yes. Quite fair, considering." The Black Knight unequipped the tunic, the tricorne, the whip, and the shield. He equipped his Medal and his Akrone Fez. "Of course, in equal fairness, I must inform you that if after I'm done, I find myself lying atop a pile of gold bars that the magic being shattered into, this will have an effect on your share.

"Ah. Yes. Quite fair, considering." The Black Knight unequipped the tunic, the tricorne, the whip, and the shield. He equipped his Medal and his Akrone Fez. "Of course, in equal fairness, I must inform you that if after I'm done, I find myself lying atop a pile of gold bars that the magic being shattered into, this will have an effect on your share.

Purpearl completes the trade and equips the Tricorne. "If you are up there yourself, you have the right to keep all of it. I dare say no one in Heroica will have any problems with that. Otherwise, the decision is Matthias to make. And before I forget, buffing yourself with something that belongs to others is a privilege, not an entitlement. Likewise, it is also up to Siercon to let you have the bomb or not. There still remains a possibility that you might or might not go up there with the bomb."

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

And before I forget, buffing yourself with something that belongs to others is a privilege, not an entitlement.

"I'm not entirely sure to what you are referring to?"

OoC: Do you mean the mead? I have 2x of them in my inventory. Otherwise, I'm a little confused as to what you're talking about when you say "buffing".

Likewise, it is also up to Siercon to let you have the bomb or not. There still remains a possibility that you might or might not go up there with the bomb."

"True, and if our Battle Mystic does not feel like sharing his weapon of cataclysmic destruction, my task will be the harder. But, it's fairly clear that the only successful assault will be a direct infiltration, and with many of my years of Munchkin learning having been focused specifically on...magic beings, and how to deal with them, I am simply the best candidate for the job."

The Black Knight took his single remaining deck of cards, and gently doused them with Venom. He looked at them thoughtfully. "You have to know when to hold them..."

"I'm not entirely sure to what you are referring to?"

OoC: Do you mean the mead? I have 2x of them in my inventory. Otherwise, I'm a little confused as to what you're talking about when you say "buffing".

"It's up to you to find out." Purpearl says coldly.

OOC: In OOC terms, buffing may mean taking consumables. IC, it could mean a multitude of things, like consumables, weapons, artefacts, etc. Also, Lind is talking to an elf, so you'll have to figure out yourself. :wink:

"True, and if our Battle Mystic does not feel like sharing his weapon of cataclysmic destruction, my task will be the harder. But, it's fairly clear that the only successful assault will be a direct infiltration, and with many of my years of Munchkin learning having been focused specifically on...magic beings, and how to deal with them, I am simply the best candidate for the job."

"Of course, of course. I'm not stopping you, I think no one will, if you think you are confident to put your life-long knowledge into application."

"It's up to you to find out." Purpearl says coldly.

"If you're referring to our Battle Mystic's incendiary, I fully understand the value of it, and if he will be so kind as to lend it to me, in the chance that there is anything of value recovered from the being, he will of course receive equitable repayment for his contribution, before any other division takes place."

"If you're referring to our Battle Mystic's incendiary, I fully understand the value of it, and if he will be so kind as to lend it to me, in the chance that there is anything of value recovered from the being, he will of course receive equitable repayment for his contribution, before any other division takes place."

As the knights bicker Matthias can barely conceal his disgust with the big Munchkin. "So your grand plan, Black Knight," the gnome spits out sarcastically, "is to do what everyone we've spoken to, including the sheep, has said not to do. You plan to get yourself taken away, and you're going to take a bunch of everyone else's gear with it. Forget it. If we're going to fight something, whatever these lights are," he indicates the sky with a wave of the Extraordinaire, "we'll do it together. Master Siercon is just as qualified to toss incendiaries around as anyone."

The reluctant and seriously undermined party leader casts about for a plan, upset and confused. "Perhaps we can force a fight - grab every sheep that the beams touch and hold it down, maybe eventually we'll get a response."

As the knights bicker Matthias can barely conceal his disgust with the big Munchkin. "So your grand plan, Black Knight," the gnome spits out sarcastically, "is to do what everyone we've spoken to, including the sheep, has said not to do. You plan to get yourself taken away, and you're going to take a bunch of everyone else's gear with it.

"I plan nothing of the sort. None of those past Heroes or villagers likely had any idea what they were facing, or what to even do with it - of course they were taken away. I do have a fairly good idea what I'm going up against, .and I have no more chance of being taken away than any of us. Remember that point, I will come back to it.

Taking others' gear? The only pieces of gear I'm taking are my own Fez, and my Medal. Both of which I legally own, via either winning or legally looted."

Forget it. If we're going to fight something, whatever these lights are," he indicates the sky with a wave of the Extraordinaire, "we'll do it together. Master Siercon is just as qualified to toss incendiaries around as anyone."

"True, but which of us is more qualified to be standing close to it to toss the incendiaries? He, or the person who has spent much of his life studying such things?"

The reluctant and seriously undermined party leader casts about for a plan, upset and confused. "Perhaps we can force a fight - grab every sheep that the beams touch and hold it down, maybe eventually we'll get a response."

"That's going to have exactly the same end result as my plan! Just with more people running the risk of getting eaten by the being! It wants the sheep, it's not going to care about swallowing a few Heroes with it. Hold it down? How exactly are we going to do that? Grab onto its fluff, and hope that a couple extra pounds is going to stop this being? This thing lifts roofs up off houses - it's not exactly weak."

What sort of response do you think you'll get? The being laying out a picnic cloth, and inviting us for tea? At best, you'll get a bolt of lightning through you that causes mild complete nerve damage and cerebral hemorrhaging. At the worst...Well, I will limit myself to the word "tentacles." I believe you all to be imaginative enough to build upon that.

It's up there, and we're down here. We need a single person directly infiltrating it. If we all go up, then they'll realize that it's a direct assault. But, if only one person is in the area, then the being will just think that it's another random person being swept up. We could possibly go as high as two, but I didn't hear a loud roar of volunteers. I have studied beings like these, and I know their ways. I can take it out, or KO trying."