Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #122: Invasion of the Sheep Snatchers

Grudgingly Matthias admits to himself that the tall Munchkin's ideas are all good. He speaks to the Black Knight in low tones while waiting for the chieftain to release them to their work. "How about this: Master Siercon and I will interview the sheep; you and Lady Purpearl can interview the villagers. Keep your eyes open for a spring-wound time-ticker as well, and when we meet up again I'll what I can do about an incendiary timer." The gnome glances around the party to see what they thought of the plan.

"I believe that will do quite well, especially with having the Mystic as one of the interviews. Little as what I've seen exhibited of her skill with talking, and more importantly, with the manner of talking, has been, I still have privately remarked to myself more than once that her manner would do credit to a long-trained Paladin, much more to one trained instead of the skills of the Mystic.

I would, however, like to repeat that if there is time after all the interviews are placed, I would like to speak for a moment with the sheep myself, using Master Siercon's hood*.

Also, we should determine with which party the...exuberant fighter will be with during all of this. If she goes with us, the villagers might feel more secure in having someone familiar nearby, but that also goes the other way - her presence might make them fear to reveal anything, fearing future repeat and ridicule. I am not sure what effect she might have upon the sheep, if there is one..."

The Black Knight waited to see what the other party members' thoughts were.

*OoC: More for comedy purposes, than anything - I have a bit of RP specifically in mind...

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Siercon made no promises to keep anyone alive whom he had just met and was passionate about charging into battle. He had seen many people die in spite of valiant efforts of protection. This wasn't to say Siercon didn't care or wouldn't seek to protect her... just that he could not ensure her life, when it wasn't under his control.

He secured his hood and waited by the door with Matthias.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

"I believe that will do quite well, especially with having the Mystic as one of the interviews. Little as what I've seen exhibited of her skill with talking, and more importantly, with the manner of talking, has been, I still have privately remarked to myself more than once that her manner would do credit to a long-trained Paladin, much more to one trained instead of the skills of the Mystic.

Purpearl slightly raises her finger, "Credits to other long-trained Mystics, if that is what you are trying to mean." The elf continues, ready to leave, "I have no doubts about Sorsha's ability, but we should keep an eye on her nonetheless."

"I believe it's more likely that the girl will help to pull information from the villagers than the sheep," Matthias opines, and wincing a little, he adds, "So she should go with you and Lady Purpearl."

The party would take Sorsha... but she'd already ran off to the sheep's grazing area, and the spot where Tarlock planned to leave some sheep. Would the party ask around, or go to Sorsha?

OOC: If you want to ask around, you'll have to do it without Sorsha. Also, if you could tell me the groups more precisely, I'd appreciate it. I believe Matthais and Siercon are seeing the sheep, while Lind and Purpearl are asking around Hoogan?

The party would take Sorsha... but she'd already ran off to the sheep's grazing area, and the spot where Tarlock planned to leave some sheep. Would the party ask around, or go to Sorsha?

OOC: If you want to ask around, you'll have to do it without Sorsha. Also, if you could tell me the groups more precisely, I'd appreciate it. I believe Matthais and Siercon are seeing the sheep, while Lind and Purpearl are asking around Hoogan?

That is correct.

Siercon wondered if Sorsha was going to be trouble for them... Not evil, just a pain when it comes to the combination of her battle manic nature combined with her father's... or rather 'our employer's' expectation and requirement of her well being. "This does not bode well." Siercon said.

Siercon wondered if Sorsha was going to be trouble for them... Not evil, just a pain when it comes to the combination of her battle manic nature combined with her father's... or rather 'our employer's' expectation and requirement of her well being. "This does not bode well." Siercon said.

"I agree with you, Siercon. I will head to where Sorsha is." Turning to Lind, "Are there anything specific you would like to know from the villagers?"

"I agree with you, Siercon. I will head to where Sorsha is." Turning to Lind, "Are there anything specific you would like to know from the villagers?"

"Any strange experiences they've had that seemed to happen in a time relative to the raiding. Strange sounds, sights, any memories that they might be able to share - especially memories that they don't have to share.

There have been...occasions with other magical beings, after which those who were caught in the middle couldn't remember what had occurred. These very well may be different magical beings, but we need to find out, if at all possible, if they aren't, so we can at least try to avoid having that happen.

"Any strange experiences they've had that seemed to happen in a time relative to the raiding. Strange sounds, sights, any memories that they might be able to share - especially memories that they don't have to share.

There have been...occasions with other magical beings, after which those who were caught in the middle couldn't remember what had occurred. These very well may be different magical beings, but we need to find out, if at all possible, if they aren't, so we can at least try to avoid having that happen.

"All sounds good to me. Shall we get Sorsha first? Her being alone with the sheep is not a good situation to be in."

"All sounds good to me. Shall we get Sorsha first? Her being alone with the sheep is not a good situation to be in."

"Yes, let us. The last thing we need, is to have to be calming the sheep down while simultaneously engaging these beings."

Matthias follows the others to Sorsha, hoping Berthadhiell and Whisperer will be able to drag the loud hugging girl away so he and Siercon can question some sheep.

With their minds made up, the party split up. Half of them would head for the village proper and try and speak to some of the villagers, while the other half would find Sorsha and speak to the sheep. The two groups head in opposite directions as the sun began it's descent, casting a warm orange glow across Uland below.

Matthais and Siercon head for the sheep's grazing area, where they find Sorsha bashing a piece of fence. The sheep seem to lazily graze about.

15770711493_3cdbceb5ac_o.jpg

"MATTHAIS! SIERCON! WHAT TOOK YOU TWO SO LONG? I WAS WORRIED YOU FOUR MIGHT'VE CHICKENED OUT!... OR MAYBE SOME OF YOU DID?"

heroicafog-monster-silentlamb.jpg

"Baaa! <Oh no, Maarry, do you see this? People with pointy steel things. It can only mean one thing...>"

heroica-baaffy.jpg

"Baaa-baa! <Maud, don't get too upset! Maybe it's just a coincidence and we won't get beamed up into the sky like Taammy!>"

The Sheep Whisperers

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png Matthias the Carnival Crusader (StickFig) *Party Leader

22 Year Old Male Gnome

Level 17.5 Druid *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to Bound, Slowed*

Power: 36 (17 + 9 + 0 + 0 + 10)

Defense: 4 (0 + 4 + 0)

Health: 27/27 (6 + 16 + 7 + 0 - 2)

Ether: 17/17 (0 + 16 + 1 + 0 + 0)

Gold: 91

Equipment: :cannon: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP: 9, hits enemies above and below target, Darkness and Electric Elemental, user is slowed), Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearers gains +10 gold for each humanoid kill, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and beast warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (wearers is immune to bound and slowed, footwear)

Inventory: Peashooter (WP: 2, deals Burning: -2), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP: 8), Dapper Hat (Head wear, 1/6 chance to be encouraged at the beginning of battle), Ruby, 2x Elixir,Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood (first target hit is doomed, consumable), 4x Remedy, 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 16.5 Battlemage (Darkness to all Attacks; Immune to Darkness, Asleep)

Power: 33 (16 levels + WP 17)

Spell Power: 43 (Magicians Gloves +10)

Defense: 5 (Dark Phibbian Cloak +5)

Health: 25/25 (5 base + 14 lvl + 5 class)

Ether: 21/21 (5 base + 14 lvl + 1 class)

Gold: 9 (owed 100 by Purpearl)

Equipment:

-Giant Spear (WP:17, causes Bleeding, Hollow upgrade [Potion Stored])

-Dark Phibbian Cloak (SP:5, Adds Darkness-element to attacks and protects from darkness, suitable for magic users, body wear, Immune to Sleep,)

-Magicians Gloves (Spellpower +10, Artifact, Hand Wear)

Gems: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood)

Bombs: Cataclysm Bomb 200 (200 damage to all enemies with all elements [except darkness], ignores row and SP), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and poisoned by 3 to all foes),Confuse Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the confused-effect to all opponents), 5x Bone (Distracts monster for 1 turn when thrown)

Consumables: 7 Potions, 3 Remedies

Inventory: Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies, Hollow upgrade [ ____ Stored])

Tools: Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

-----

Meanwhile, back in Hoogan's proper, Purpearl and Lind try and find some townsfolk to interrogate about the disappearing sheep and the supposed lights. However, looking around, there only seems to be two women standing outside of a house, talking in a hushed tone. Everyone else must be inside their homes. The occasional, muffled baaing of a sheep can be heard from inside the houses.

Heroica P.D.

15605732077_bd60270f70_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven Mystic Knight

Level 18.5 *Immune to Fire and Fragile, Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, Stunned*

Power: 45 (Level 18 + WP 20 + 3 A. Medal +4 Bonus #102)

Defense: 13 (5 + 3 + 5)

Health: 28/28 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 7 Health Bonus +3 A. Medal - 2 Penalty #102)

Ether: 29/29 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 3 A. Medal + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold: 163 (Owes Karie 25 gold)

GP: 6

Equipment: Zelphie's Staff (WP: 20, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Blue Hand Shield (SP:5, immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to Fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Anniversary Medal (SP: +3, Max. Health +3, Power +3, Max. Ether +3, immunity to fire, the medals stats will increase by 1 every anniversary, accessory)

Inventory:

Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, Sleep effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,wood-elemental, deals the Poisoned by 3 effect, mace), , Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Ruby (Fire), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Confusion

Consumables: 2 Potions, 11 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Bone

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

lindmainbkphotoheadshotii.jpg

Lind Whisperer *Immune to Fire* *Nimble*

21-year-old male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Rogue

Level: 16

Power Bonus:

Defense: 10

Health: 36/36 (7+15+4+9)

Gold: 2

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Chaotic Whip (WP: 5, Light and Darkness Elemental), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Nimble Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torsowear), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to Fire), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield)

Inventory:

• Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory),Akrone Fez (Artefact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone), Ethereal Deck (WP:7, throwing weapon)

• Bedroll, Shovel

• Venom, Mead x2, Potion x4, Remedy, Bone, Phoenix Essence

• Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

• Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

Matthias gives Siercon a plaintive look as Sorsha shouts. Facing the girl, he says, "The others have gone to talk to the villagers. Why are you always yelling?"

Not particularly waiting for an answer, the gnome turns to the sheep. "Friends Mary and Maud, what happened to Tammy? And what people with pointy objects have been here before?"

"Sorsha." Siercon said definitively. "We have allowed you to follow along with us on this quest, but we can't have you running off or yelling at all times. If you cannot maintain self control, then allowing you to come was a mistake." His words were stern and he accented the word 'follow', but quickly followed this statement with a visible shift in demeanor placing a kind hand on her shoulder. "If you want to distance yourself from others, race blindly ahead. If you want people to ignore you or shun your opinion, scream it at them. But, if you want people to follow you, walk with them. If you want them to listen to you, speak to them. Simply... If you want to join hands with others, be an arms reach away."

Siercon waits for her acknowledgment before proceeding to the sheep.

"Mary, can you describe to me exactly how Tammy got beamed up?" Siercon asked.

Noticing that Sorsha didn't come along with them, Purpearl takes a quick note of the setting sun and turns to Lind, "We have yet to paint a picture of how strong these Others are. Unless the Others can instantly overpower the team at the sheep with their magical pillars of light, Sorsha would be better off protecting the sheep and fighting off the Others, should they plan to strike unexpectedly while we are here at the village."

Meanwhile, back in Hoogan's proper, Purpearl and Lind try and find some townsfolk to interrogate about the disappearing sheep and the supposed lights. However, looking around, there only seems to be two women standing outside of a house, talking in a hushed tone. Everyone else must be inside their homes. The occasional, muffled baaing of a sheep can be heard from inside the houses.

Purpearl approaches the two women, hoping to get their attention, "Evening folks. I hope we're not interrupting. I understand there seems to be a sheep problem around here. We are Heroes from Heroica and Chief Tarlock sent for us remedy the situation." Bowing politely, Purpearl continues, "Other than the magical lights that they seem to use to borrow without returning, can you tell us if they have ever descended and how past defenders try to fend these invaders off? I hope that's not too many questions for a start, we're eager to solve this mystery as much as everyone else."

Purpearl approaches the two women, hoping to get their attention, "Evening folks. I hope we're not interrupting. I understand there seems to be a sheep problem around here. We are Heroes from Heroica and Chief Tarlock sent for us remedy the situation." Bowing politely, Purpearl continues, "Other than the magical lights that they seem to use to borrow without returning, can you tell us if they have ever descended and how past defenders try to fend these invaders off? I hope that's not too many questions for a start, we're eager to solve this mystery as much as everyone else."

The Black Knight pulled off his helmet. Without the black metal framing his face, the hard expression it had displayed for the majority of the quest so far seemed to vanish, replaced with the boyish look that he had had when he first entered the Hall.

"Good evening." He flashed a wide smile, and waited for them to answer the Mystic Knight's questions.

Matthias gives Siercon a plaintive look as Sorsha shouts. Facing the girl, he says, "The others have gone to talk to the villagers. Why are you always yelling?"

Not particularly waiting for an answer, the gnome turns to the sheep. "Friends Mary and Maud, what happened to Tammy? And what people with pointy objects have been here before?"

"OKAY, I WAS A LITTLE WORRIED, IS ALL." Sorsha shrugs at Matthais's next question.

I JUST TALK REALLY LOUD. IT'S WHO I AM. MY MOTHER TOLD ME TO BE MYSELF, AND MY FRIEND FROM HEROICA SAID THE SAME."

"Baaa! <Taammy was taken away by the lights thirty moons ago! Oh, it was awful!>"

heroica-baaffy.jpg

"Baa. <Every time people show up with weapons it means we're probably going to see someone taken away. I wonder where all the other sheep went...>"

"Sorsha." Siercon said definitively. "We have allowed you to follow along with us on this quest, but we can't have you running off or yelling at all times. If you cannot maintain self control, then allowing you to come was a mistake." His words were stern and he accented the word 'follow', but quickly followed this statement with a visible shift in demeanor placing a kind hand on her shoulder. "If you want to distance yourself from others, race blindly ahead. If you want people to ignore you or shun your opinion, scream it at them. But, if you want people to follow you, walk with them. If you want them to listen to you, speak to them. Simply... If you want to join hands with others, be an arms reach away."

Siercon waits for her acknowledgment before proceeding to the sheep.

"Mary, can you describe to me exactly how Tammy got beamed up?" Siercon asked.

Sorsha looks at Siercon a little confused.

"UM... I ASSUMED YOU'D BE RIGHT BEHIND ME. DID YOU GUYS GET CAUGHT UP WITH SOMETHING? AND I CAN MAINTAIN SELF CONTROL! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY, THAT BECAUSE I SPEAK LOUDLY I CAN'T? ARE YOU THAT UNSURE OF MY ABILITY?"

"B-baa! <Uh oh...>"

heroica-baaffy.jpg

"Baa-aa! <Back off, hooded man! You'll unleash Sorsha the Savage if you keep at this, and when she starts, you can't stop her!>"

The sheep seem more worried about Sorsha than the current question Seircon asked.

-----

Noticing that Sorsha didn't come along with them, Purpearl takes a quick note of the setting sun and turns to Lind, "We have yet to paint a picture of how strong these Others are. Unless the Others can instantly overpower the team at the sheep with their magical pillars of light, Sorsha would be better off protecting the sheep and fighting off the Others, should they plan to strike unexpectedly while we are here at the village."

The two women jump, clearly startled at the two heroes approach.

15881582104_98458ba58b_t.jpg

"Oh, sweet heavens to Betsey! You two startled me!"

16478145536_5ecf89ef68_t.jpg

"Goodness! Sorry, we were just finishing our gossiping. Lily's my name, and this is Rachelle." Rachelle waves at the heroes as Lily continues to speak.

"Oh, the Others? Well, I don't know... generally people have shot arrows, tried throwing weapons at the lights, since they hover about like big twinkling stars, as much as it doesn't work. They always hover about 15 feet above ground, but we've never seen anything come out of these lights. Just big balls of blinding light that beam sheep up... and occasionally our tribesmen..."

"Lily's boyfriend got beamed up a few years back. Poor bastard."

"Until I realized he was cheating on me for some city girl with tits the size of melons. Bastard..." Lily crossed her arms in a huff.

The Black Knight pulled off his helmet. Without the black metal framing his face, the hard expression it had displayed for the majority of the quest so far seemed to vanish, replaced with the boyish look that he had had when he first entered the Hall.

"Good evening." He flashed a wide smile, and waited for them to answer the Mystic Knight's questions.

The two women seem to giggle and become flirtatious as Lind takes off his helmet.

"Oh, and who do we have here? Mr. dark and brooding?"

"Oh, hello you! Why don't me and you have some time together if you manage to not go missing, eh?"

"Hey, I saw him first, back off, Rachelle!" The two women both seemed interested in Lind as they began to argue over him.

Siercon looks back at Sorsha and gives a passive gesture which almost looked apologetic. "Moving on then, Do you speak sheep?" he said, wondering.

If she replies NO:

Siercon turns and looks to the sheep. "Tell me more. Sorsha seems like a lose cannon, I fear for her life, and the potential harm of other. You speak as if she has gone into a kind of berserk mode before... Is there anything that helps her, or others to help calm her down?" Siercon wanted a contingency plan more than anything else. He feared Sorsha could be the downfall of this mission.

If she replies Yes: Siercon waits.

Siercon looks back at Sorsha and gives a passive gesture which almost looked apologetic. "Moving on then, Do you speak sheep?" he said, wondering.

Siercon turns and looks to the sheep. "Tell me more. Sorsha seems like a lose cannon, I fear for her life, and the potential harm of other. You speak as if she has gone into a kind of berserk mode before... Is there anything that helps her, or others to help calm her down?" Siercon wanted a contingency plan more than anything else. He feared Sorsha could be the downfall of this mission.

"UM, NO. WHY?" Sorsha looked at Seircon with some amount of distrust as he replied to the sheep.

heroica-baaffy.jpg

"Baa baa! <She has! She beat up a bunch of bullies at the Academy of Enlightenment, and her temper's pretty legendary. If she does, you should just do your best to comfort her, and be clear and concise. She generally only gets like that when she's really stressed out or really angry.>"

"Baaaa! <She's loyal to a fault, I've heard. She mentioned you Heroicans in pretty high regards after the Academy incident on more than one occasion. She mentioned some city boy Sorcerer, a red head... there's a few others in there but I can't remember them. I heard she didn't have many friends at the Academy.>"

"Oh, the Others? Well, I don't know... generally people have shot arrows, tried throwing weapons at the lights, since they hover about like big twinkling stars, as much as it doesn't work. They always hover about 15 feet above ground, but we've never seen anything come out of these lights. Just big balls of blinding light that beam sheep up... and occasionally our tribesmen..."

The two women seem to giggle and become flirtatious as Lind takes off his helmet.

"Oh, hello you! Why don't me and you have some time together if you manage to not go missing, eh?"

"Hey, I saw him first, back off, Rachelle!" The two women both seemed interested in Lind as they began to argue over him.

The Black Knight thought quickly. He did not want to flirt romantically with the two, as he was attempting to pay some sort of courtship to that Elven knight back at the hall, and having been trained in Munchkin mores from birth, in his heart, to romantically engage with anyone besides the person he was trying to court, even if only flirting, would be close to, if not outright, a betrayal of said courtship, even if the feelings were never reciprocated.

However, the current duty took at least some precedence, at least to certain limits, and although he highly doubted the two had anything of interest to share, he decided to verbally walk as close to the line as safely possible, if only for any precious scraps of information. Especially as to anything that might be powered by spring power...

He smiled back at the two.

"I've always considered myself as being more of the dashing rogue category, but now that you mention it, that of the dark brooding hero does seem to fit better."

"Well, to do that, I'll have to survive the night first, although I doubt that will be a problem." He winked. "The dark of angst is at home, sweet home, with the dark of night. But speaking of night, I was wondering about these beams - have you ever seen them drop anything after they've picked it up?"

"I understand. There's a greeting that is often associated with this imagery that you've described. Definitely not a good phrase to greet someone with, almost sounds like a curse if you ask me." Purpearl nods in agreement. "Other than the sheep that they beam up all the time, I'm curious, however, if these beams ever specifically target your tribesmen or protectors. It matters because of the security implications it will have on your village if capturing sheep is not their sole purpose of visiting."

"Lily's boyfriend got beamed up a few years back. Poor bastard."

"Together with the sheep?"

"I've always considered myself as being more of the dashing rogue category, but now that you mention it, that of the dark brooding hero does seem to fit better."

"Well, to do that, I'll have to survive the night first, although I doubt that will be a problem." He winked. "The dark of angst is at home, sweet home, with the dark of night. But speaking of night, I was wondering about these beams - have you ever seen them drop anything after they've picked it up?"

"Let me know if you need some private time alone with the ladies." Purpearl nods in a serious manner, followed by a wink.

"Baaaa! <I heard she didn't have many friends at the Academy.>"

"Not terribly surprising, what with the shouting," Matthias muses to the animals. "Thanks for the advice on how to keep her calm. About the lights - is there any rhyme or reason to which sheep get picked up by the lights?"

Attempting to keep Sorsha on a friendly track, Matthias says to her, "So, what would you suggest? Should we get ourselves abducted by the lights, like the sheep and that kid you knew? How would we go about doing that? Disguise ourselves as sheep?"

"Oh, aren't we one with words?" Lily coos in delight.

"Dropped things... wait, there have been occasions when the beams couldn't pull something in. Sometimes they try to pull up a few sheep, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and they move on."

"I won't be moving on from you anytime soon, though!"

"Seriously though, you're going to be making out with one of us, right?"

"I understand. There's a greeting that is often associated with this imagery that you've described. Definitely not a good phrase to greet someone with, almost sounds like a curse if you ask me." Purpearl nods in agreement. "Other than the sheep that they beam up all the time, I'm curious, however, if these beams ever specifically target your tribesmen or protectors. It matters because of the security implications it will have on your village if capturing sheep is not their sole purpose of visiting."

"Together with the sheep?"

"Let me know if you need some private time alone with the ladies." Purpearl nods in a serious manner, followed by a wink.

"Only people who try to protect the sheep get beamed up. When they've lifted the roofs off of houses, I've heard they only take away those that get in the way."

"That's what happened to my boyfriend! He tried protecting the sheep and the beam just sucked the two of them up!"

The two women giggle at Purpearl's comment.

"We'll be waiting for you, Tall and Handsome and Brooding." They begin to blush as they eye the black knight.

It was getting late. The sun was beginning to spread it's last bit of light as the cold darkness of night began to envelope the land. Would the party like to head back to the sheep's grazing area?

-----

"Not terribly surprising, what with the shouting," Matthias muses to the animals. "Thanks for the advice on how to keep her calm. About the lights - is there any rhyme or reason to which sheep get picked up by the lights?"

Attempting to keep Sorsha on a friendly track, Matthias says to her, "So, what would you suggest? Should we get ourselves abducted by the lights, like the sheep and that kid you knew? How would we go about doing that? Disguise ourselves as sheep?"

Maud shakes her head.

"Baaaaaa! <Nope. Just whoever's out and about. If there's none left, sometimes they'll lift the roofs off of buildings and snatch the ones being hidden in there. Once they've got enough of us, they fly away... so many of our friends and family... gone.>"

At Matthais's suggestion the two sheep begin to baa like crazy, the two heroes hearing "Nope, nope, nope!"

"THAT JUST SOUNDS LIKE BAD NEWS. HOW WOULD WE ESCAPE? EVERYONE WHO'S ABDUCTED NEVER RETURN... WE SHOULD WAIT AND SEE WHAT YOUR FRIENDS HAVE TO SAY BEFORE WE MAKE UP A PLAN." Sorsha nods. After mentioning the abductions, she sounds a bit melancholic.

"Sorsha, you never did say much about the green clad kid - friend of yours?" Matthias winces internally in anticipation of an outburst to come, doing what he can to build a rapport with the girl.

"Dropped things... wait, there have been occasions when the beams couldn't pull something in. Sometimes they try to pull up a few sheep, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and they move on."

"Only people who try to protect the sheep get beamed up. When they've lifted the roofs off of houses, I've heard they only take away those that get in the way."

"That's what happened to my boyfriend! He tried protecting the sheep and the beam just sucked the two of them up!"

It was getting late. The sun was beginning to spread it's last bit of light as the cold darkness of night began to envelope the land. Would the party like to head back to the sheep's grazing area?

Acknowledging the two ladies' account, "This is certainly most helpful to us. I have nothing else for you, since the sun is almost set."

Turning to Lind, "These invaders will stop at nothing to get what they desire, but seem to give up relatively easily if the strength of the beam fails to deliver. This is only preliminary, but perhaps if we stay close to the sheep and do nothing when the evil pillars of light descend on us, they might fail to suck us all up in one go. However, according to Rachelle, they have lifted roofs, so our strategy might not work. Then again, it also seems like the strength of these beams may have been pre-set. We have to work out a way to counter these invaders. It is almost time and I'm sure you have lots to say to these lovely ladies here, say what you have to, then we shall rejoin the others."

Edited by Purpearljellyblob