Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #122: Invasion of the Sheep Snatchers

"The path through here is good to go, but my word doesn't extend beyond his gate. Whoever's leading the way needs to be extra cautious."

Purpearl follows the rest of the party up the mountain.

Matthias gives Purpearl a funny look. A cart just went up this way an hour ago, and no one's been seen here since then. What kind of traps would there be on a mountainside path in regular use? he wonders. Shaking his head, the gnome gives up again wondering what's going on with his party-mates and leads the way up the mountain, perhaps spurred on by Whisperer's strong words when he'd arrived last at the rendezvous site.

Edited by StickFig

The party begins their hike up the mountain, the task more challenging then they thought. The ledge was big enough for a cart to follow, but the uneven rocks occasionally made their footing wobbly, and the potential for a sprained ankle became a possible. The party soon heard bickering and arguing coming close by, and they were soon greeted to a curious sight.

15722031544_9f139b73df_o.jpg

Two older men stood at the back of the cart, while a younger, much more masculine man was working on repairing the cart. The two older men seemed to be at each other's throat through verbal assaults. The younger man just seemed to be focused on the cart's broken wheel. A horse whinnies around the front of the kart.

15724523233_315eb4f84d_o.jpg

"You old codger! I told you! Don't say I didn't! I told you to mind how much we load into the cart, and now look what's happened! The amount we took to Shelbric has strained the cart's wheels, and now it's out of place! Remind you of something, like every time you get into a bed with a woman?!"

16344450905_f24689faf1_o.jpg

"Why am I at fault here, it was you who wanted to take this much stuff up, not me, you sheep shagger!"

The argument seems ready to devolve into a fight before the two men notice the party.

"See what you've done, Waldorf? Now these people can't go up to wherever it is their going, you old buffoon!"

"I don't care what you tell me Statler, your merely trying to cover yourself with your childish fantasy! You broke the cart, just like you break everything you touch. That probably explains why you've got no Johnson!"

The two continue to yell and berate the other, but the party's path was blocked. What would the party do?

Casually dropping behind the rest of the heroes, the Black Knight quietly spoke.

"I'd keep your hands close to your weapons, if I were the three of you. Blocking off a path with a cart, in a people-less land? The majority of thieves would refuse to try it, it's such a common trick. The only question, is where are the rest of them hiding..."

He stepped forward and raised his hand. "Can we assist you in the repair of the vehicle, gentlemen? We have fellows to see about sheep, and your cart is unfortunately somewhat in the way of that."

Purpearl stride comes to a stop and hangs around at the back. She looks around and estimates the distance the party has to cover to reach the village. "Can we please fix the wheel or do something about it?"

Matthias contents himself to let Whisperer do the talkin', but the gnome does level his big gun in the direction of Waldorf, Statler, and the other guy in case the Black Knight's suspicions proved correct. Casting his eyes in all directions under the brim of his stovepipe, he checks for any sign of animals or other people in the immediate area and says to his party in a low voice, "These men could be the cart from the village that Wise Old Owl mentioned. If they prove villains, I don't believe they'll present much trouble, but I think they might be a valuable source of information about Twilight Sparkles and possibly a ride."

After surveying the surrounding area, Purpearl steps forward towards Waldorf, Statler and the other young man. Trying to invoke trust in them through methods of diplomacy, Purpearl directs a soothing tone at the three men, "Gentlemen. We are on uneven and dangerous terrain. Perhaps we can leave the shagging to somewhere more private or somewhere safer. Your cart is certainly in an asymmetrical state, perhaps the solution here requires the energy of more than two to lift the cart while the other fixes the wheel. You are certainly in luck here to have met us, as we are on our way to the Sheep Village. Heroes like us would be glad to assist and be of any help to those who are in need. What do you say?"

He stepped forward and raised his hand. "Can we assist you in the repair of the vehicle, gentlemen? We have fellows to see about sheep, and your cart is unfortunately somewhat in the way of that."

The lone man working on the cart looks up at the party.

16157089490_c45f48ee37_t.jpg

"Eeey-"

"Oh no, not until me and Statler are finished with this!"

"This is the last time I ride with you, you old coot!"

"Who are you calling old? You have enough wrinkles to be be some sort of undead!"

Purpearl stride comes to a stop and hangs around at the back. She looks around and estimates the distance the party has to cover to reach the village. "Can we please fix the wheel or do something about it?"

Purpearl could estimate that the party was about halfway to Hoogan.

Matthias contents himself to let Whisperer do the talkin', but the gnome does level his big gun in the direction of Waldorf, Statler, and the other guy in case the Black Knight's suspicions proved correct. Casting his eyes in all directions under the brim of his stovepipe, he checks for any sign of animals or other people in the immediate area and says to his party in a low voice, "These men could be the cart from the village that Wise Old Owl mentioned. If they prove villains, I don't believe they'll present much trouble, but I think they might be a valuable source of information about Twilight Sparkles and possibly a ride."

Looking around, the only other animal the gnome can see is the horse that was pulling the cart. It seems the old men's lack of hearing and generally boisterous insults made his comment impervious to hear.

After surveying the surrounding area, Purpearl steps forward towards Waldorf, Statler and the other young man. Trying to invoke trust in them through methods of diplomacy, Purpearl directs a soothing tone at the three men, "Gentlemen. We are on uneven and dangerous terrain. Perhaps we can leave the shagging to somewhere more private or somewhere safer. Your cart is certainly in an asymmetrical state, perhaps the solution here requires the energy of more than two to lift the cart while the other fixes the wheel. You are certainly in luck here to have met us, as we are on our way to the Sheep Village. Heroes like us would be glad to assist and be of any help to those who are in need. What do you say?"

16157089490_c45f48ee37_t.jpg

"Eeyu-"

"Indeed, I could use your assistance." Waldorf replies, butting in again. "You've heard this buffoon, he's the one responsible for loading the cart up too much, causing the cart to bust! Help me knock some sense into this fool!"

"Listen to this idiot! It's more than obvious Waldorf's to blame for this! Come and help me slap some sense into this idiot!"

The two older men rolled up their sleeves and seemed ready to fight. The younger man simply rolled his eyes and groaned as he worked away at the cart. It seems the party would have to take sides and sort this out with a traditional fist fight.

QM Note: I'll note right now, it doesn't matter whose side you take or if you get knocked out, you will not fail the quest if all heroes are KO'd. You won't be using spells or weapons, just your Level and any power bonus. You will gain experience if you participate. :sweet: Now, pick your sides! It's time to get ready to rumble! :laugh:

Edited by Kintobor

QM Note: I'll note right now, it doesn't matter whose side you take or if you get knocked out, you will not fail the quest if all heroes are KO'd. You won't be using spells or weapons, just your Level and any power bonus. You will get a level of experience if you participate. :sweet: Now, pick your sides! It's time to get ready to rumble! :laugh:

OoC: You mean half of a level, right? Not that I have any arguments against a full level, though. :laugh:

The Black Knight shook his head. "Oh, but of course! How many better uses of our time could there possibly be! Let me count the ways..."

He cuffed Statler on the side of his head. "To even hope to win any verbal conflict, you need better weapons than cheap insults and feeble attempts to redirect attention."

OoC: You mean half of a level, right? Not that I have any arguments against a full level, though. :laugh:

QM Note: Fixed that. You'll get experience as if it were an actual battle. :blush:

He cuffed Statler on the side of his head. "To even hope to win any verbal conflict, you need better weapons than cheap insults and feeble attempts to redirect attention."

Purpearl walks up to Lind and Statler, "It ïs best that they fight it out themselves, but this sort of situation is not alien to me either. There are many reasons to fight, soiling my tunic and tricorne with my own fists would be the last imaginable thing."

"...There are many reasons to fight, soiling my tunic and tricorne with my own fists would be the last imaginable thing."

"Quite fair, quite fair." Lind de-equips the Tunic and the Tricorne*.

*Since the battle hasn't officially started, this shouldn't cost me a round.

"We're fighting alongside each other, so you can keep that on." Purpearl winks.

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Matthias watches Lind strike Statler, and decides that a fight might help them sort out some party issues. Dropping the Extraordinaire and lightly setting his hat atop the gun, the gnome situations himself next to Statler and raises tiny fists against Whisperer, Berthadhiell, and Waldorf. There he waits, slightly unsure of what to do next - he's never been in a fistfight before. Calling out to the horse, he asks, "Friend sumpter, are they always like this?"

"Oh no, not until me and Waldorf are finished with this!"

"Indeed, I could use your assistance." Waldorf replies, butting in again. "You've heard this buffoon, he's the one responsible for loading the cart up too much, causing the cart to bust! Help me knock some sense into this fool!"

"Listen to this idiot! It's more than obvious Waldorf's to blame for this! Come and help me slap some sense into this idiot!"

OOC: I think there's some confusion with the names but just to be sure, Purpearl's siding with this older guy :thumbup:15724523233_315eb4f84d_o.jpg

Siercon does not come to the same conclusion as the others. The older guy seems greedy and technically at fault. While the younger guy appeared clumsy to him and seemed to be taking the fall for it. Saying this verbally to some degree to the rest of the party, Siercon sides with Statler.

So now I'm confused - is it Matthias, Siercon, and Statler versus Lind, Purpearl, and Waldorf?

So now I'm confused - is it Matthias, Siercon, and Statler versus Lind, Purpearl, and Waldorf?

Yes - three versus three. Our choices ended up almost balancing each other out, too. :thumbup: I'm the lowest player, but I'm teamed up with the highest, versus the two middle players. Of course, that doesn't take into account anything but level number, so it'll be interesting to see which is the last party standing.

Matthias nods to Siercon briefly to acknowledge the Battle Mage's support, keeping his fists up.

I think I'm irrationally happy about a Gnome-Munchkin fistfight.

The party having split themselves down the middle finally prepare to help the two elderly men finish their bickering. The younger, rather quiet man continues to work on the cart while the two groups look at each other with stares of friendly competition... with the exception being the two elderly men, who seriously seemed to want to get at it.

"Have at me, you old coot!"

"I'll do that and more, you lazy bum!"

(That's not really PvP, but...)

The Statler Crew *Your Turn!*

16344450905_f24689faf1_o.jpg"Haaa!"

Statler *Hastened*

Level 15 Humanoid

HP: 300/300

Special: Bicker Bicker, Argue Argue!- Statler slaps Waldorf silly, and taunts the opposing side. Statler takes 40 damage, and each member of the Waldorf team is weakened.

Passive Special: Friends Forever- Statler will always deliver a free hit to Waldorf.

Drops: Nothing

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png Matthias the Carnival Crusader (StickFig) *Party Leader

22 Year Old Male Gnome

Level 17 Druid *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to Bound, Slowed*

Power: 36 (17 + 9 + 0 + 0 + 10)

Defense: 4 (0 + 4 + 0)

Health: 27/27 (6 + 16 + 7 + 0 - 2)

Ether: 17/17 (0 + 16 + 1 + 0 + 0)

Gold: 91

Equipment: :cannon: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP: 9, hits enemies above and below target, Darkness and Electric Elemental, user is slowed), Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearers gains +10 gold for each humanoid kill, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and beast warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (wearers is immune to bound and slowed, footwear)

Inventory: Peashooter (WP: 2, deals Burning: -2), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP: 8), Dapper Hat (Head wear, 1/6 chance to be encouraged at the beginning of battle), Ruby, 2x Elixir,Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood (first target hit is doomed, consumable), 4x Remedy, 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 16.0 Battlemage (Darkness to all Attacks; Immune to Darkness, Asleep)

Power: 33 (16 levels + WP 17)

Spell Power: 43 (Magicians Gloves +10)

Defense: 5 (Dark Phibbian Cloak +5)

Health: 25/25 (5 base + 14 lvl + 5 class)

Ether: 21/21 (5 base + 14 lvl + 1 class)

Gold: 9 (owed 100 by Purpearl)

Equipment:

-Giant Spear (WP:17, causes Bleeding, Hollow upgrade [Potion Stored])

-Dark Phibbian Cloak (SP:5, Adds Darkness-element to attacks and protects from darkness, suitable for magic users, body wear, Immune to Sleep,)

-Magicians Gloves (Spellpower +10, Artifact, Hand Wear)

Gems: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood)

Bombs: Cataclysm Bomb 200 (200 damage to all enemies with all elements [except darkness], ignores row and SP), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and poisoned by 3 to all foes),Confuse Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the confused-effect to all opponents), 5x Bone (Distracts monster for 1 turn when thrown)

Consumables: 7 Potions, 3 Remedies

Inventory: Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies, Hollow upgrade [ ____ Stored])

Tools: Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

The Waldorf Party

15724523233_315eb4f84d_o.jpg"Grrr!"

Waldorf *Hastened*

Level 15 Humanoid

HP: 300/300

Special: Bicker Bicker, Argue Argue!- Waldorf slaps Statler silly, and taunts the opposing side. Waldorf takes 40 damage, and each member of the Statler team is weakened.

Passive Special: Friends Forever- Waldorf will always deliver a free hit to Statler.

Drops: Nothing

15605732077_bd60270f70_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven Mystic Knight

Level 18 *Immune to Fire and Fragile, Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, Stunned*

Power: 45 (Level 18 + WP 20 + 3 A. Medal +4 Bonus #102)

Defense: 13 (5 + 3 + 5)

Health: 28/28 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 7 Health Bonus +3 A. Medal - 2 Penalty #102)

Ether: 29/29 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 3 A. Medal + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold: 163 (Owes Karie 25 gold)

GP: 6

Equipment: Zelphie's Staff (WP: 20, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Blue Hand Shield (SP:5, immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to Fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Anniversary Medal (SP: +3, Max. Health +3, Power +3, Max. Ether +3, immunity to fire, the medals stats will increase by 1 every anniversary, accessory)

Inventory:

Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, Sleep effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,wood-elemental, deals the Poisoned by 3 effect, mace), , Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Ruby (Fire), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Confusion

Consumables: 2 Potions, 11 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Bone

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

lindmainbkphotoheadshotii.jpg

Lind Whisperer *Immune to Fire* *Nimble*

21-year-old male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Rogue

Level: 15.5

Power Bonus:

Defense: 10

Health: 35/35 (7+14+4+9)

Gold: 2

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Chaotic Whip (WP: 5, Light and Darkness Elemental), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Nimble Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torsowear), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to Fire), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield)

Inventory:

• Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory),Akrone Fez (Artefact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone), Ethereal Deck (WP:7, throwing weapon)

• Bedroll, Shovel

• Venom, Mead x2, Potion x4, Remedy, Bone, Phoenix Essence

• Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

• Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

QM NOTE: You will not fail the quest if each party member is knocked out. The battle ends when one brother is knocked out. You will not be using your weapons this fight, only your level will be effective, and any buffs you have.

We'll start with the Statler party, and rotate to the Waldorf Party. Elemental spells can still be cast, they just won't be considered "lethal" for this fight.

Instead of normal PvP rules, there's going to be some slight alterations:

Statler and Waldorf don't have any "class" (haha), and as such, don't need to be included in your battle order. They will act as an enemy the opposing team needs to take out, and the first team to do so wins. Both are hastened to ensure this fight doesn't draw out too much, but other than that you're both smacking each other around, and you can use rows and items! :thumbup:

Also, this fight's not meant to get too serious, so feel free to get a little slapstick with your descriptions! :tongue:

Edited by Kintobor