Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #122: Invasion of the Sheep Snatchers

"Oi" Siercon said sitting down. "Sorry guys, I was somewhat out of sorts that battle, didn't quite feel all there." Which was ironic as he truly felt back to normal at the moment. (Just a play at my poor loss of internet for the last 10 days [Yay for finishing moving!] nothing bad or ominous) He grabbed one of his potions and inserted it into the hollow upgrade in his spear simultaneously removing the empty vial. "You guys however did wonderfully!"

"As did you. We all contributed all that we could in this battle. It is not our choice what the Dodekube commands our actions to be, we must judge only by that which we attempt."
Siercon very gratefully accepted the loot and stood back up on his feet. "Somehow we've got to learn more about these guys..."

"The Battle Mystic is correct - we should see if they will leave peacefully. The village should not suffer from what they did not cause.

But I can assure you, without any doubt, that anything you learn about "these guys," will in the end bring many times more anguish than you might ever imagine - again, and again - and again."

Matthias nods to Siercon in acknowledgment of the party's accomplishments through the battle, but is interrupted, as ever, by Whisperer's self-important dramatics. "Oh, do enlighten us then, Master Scholar!" he says sarcastically.

Matthias nods to Siercon in acknowledgment of the party's accomplishments through the battle, but is interrupted, as ever, by Whisperer's self-important dramatics. "Oh, do enlighten us then, Master Scholar!" he says sarcastically.

The Black Knight rolls his eyes at the gnome. "Since you clearly didn't hear what I said, I was advising against "enlightenment," as you call it."

"Brave, for someone who spends all his time hiding from battle," Matthias replies.

"Brave, for someone who spends all his time hiding from battle," Matthias replies.

The Munchkin shrugged. "I am a slave to the Dodekube - as are you, though ye see It not."

Stacking it in four piles, he pushes each towards a comrade.

"Appreciated. I hope they never come back." Purpearl gladly accepts her pile and reminds herself that she's still missing a couple of items. Not letting that crowd her thoughts, she turns and eyes the other pile of scum intently. If the Others would abandon Kaz and her other dead comrades, Purpearl intends to disconnect Kaz's head from her body first up.

Closing his eyes for a few brief moments, Matthias inhales deeply of the slightly burnt air, tinged with gunpowder and electricity, and lets the aftermath of battle settle his frustrations with the talkative Black Knight. As he becomes aware of his surroundings once more, he notices Berthadhiell's intense glare towards the dead bodies and wonders what the Others might do with their departed. All the fight has gone out of the gnome, so he takes a seat atop the Extraordinaire to await whatever might happen next.

The conversation having died down for the moment, the Black Knight takes his shovel out of his Bag of Holding, and begins to slowly dig a mass grave for the fallen opponents*.

*While(of course) keeping an eye out for anything he digs up.

QM Note: Sorry, I can't get the item images today, but the Xeno Whip is the whip piece in black, the Invader Armour is the Alien Conquest torso for any of the common grunts, and the Plasma Shield is the Agents see through- blue shield. Also, for visual sake, the Xeno Whip is similar to the tail of a Xenomorph from the Alien franchise.

The Party

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png Matthias the Carnival Crusader (StickFig) *Party Leader

22 Year Old Male Gnome

Level 19 Druid *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to Bound, Slowed*

Power: 36 (19 + 9 + 0 + 0 + 10)

Defense: 4 (0 + 4 + 0)

Health: 22/29 (6 + 18 + 7 + 0 - 2)

Ether: 16/19 (0 + 18 + 1 + 0 + 0)

Gold: 111

Equipment: :cannon: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP: 9, hits enemies above and below target, Darkness and Electric Elemental, user is slowed), Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearers gains +10 gold for each humanoid kill, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and beast warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (wearers is immune to bound and slowed, footwear)

Inventory: Peashooter (WP: 2, deals Burning: -2), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP: 8), Xeno Whip (WP: 4, poisoning the Xeno Whip doubles the poison output, whip), Dapper Hat (Head wear, 1/6 chance to be encouraged at the beginning of battle), Ruby, 2x Elixir,Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood (first target hit is doomed, consumable), 4x Remedy, 2x Smoke Bomb, Doomsday Bomb (Deals 99 damage), Scrap Metal x2 (25 Gold) Bedroll, Magic Compass

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 18 Battlemage (Darkness to all Attacks; Immune to Darkness, Asleep) *Stunned!*

Power: 35 (18 levels + WP 17)

Spell Power: 45 (Magicians Gloves +10)

Defense: 5 (Dark Phibbian Cloak +5)

Health: 27/27 (5 base + 18 lvl + 5 class)

Ether: 23/24 (5 base + 18 lvl + 1 class)

Gold: 109

Equipment:

-Giant Spear (WP:17, causes Bleeding, Hollow upgrade [Potion Stored])

-Dark Phibbian Cloak (SP:5, Adds Darkness-element to attacks and protects from darkness, suitable for magic users, body wear, Immune to Sleep,)

-Magicians Gloves (Spellpower +10, Artifact, Hand Wear)

Gems: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood)

Bombs: Cataclysm Bomb 200 (200 damage to all enemies with all elements [except darkness], ignores row and SP), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and poisoned by 3 to all foes),Confuse Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the confused-effect to all opponents), 5x Bone (Distracts monster for 1 turn when thrown)

Consumables: 7 Potions, Grand Potion, 3 Remedies, Smoke Bomb

Inventory: Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies, Hollow upgrade [ ____ Stored]), Mythril Shard x1

Tools: Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

15605732077_bd60270f70_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven Mystic Knight

Level 20 *Immune to Fire and Fragile, Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, Stunned*

Power: 46 (Level 19 + WP 20 + 3 A. Medal +4 Bonus #102)

Defense: 14 (5 + 3 + 6)

Health: 31/31 (Base 5 + 18 Levels + 7 Health Bonus +3 A. Medal - 2 Penalty #102)

Ether: 12/30 (Base 5 + 18 Levels + 3 A. Medal + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold: 63 (Owes Karie 25 gold)

GP: 6

Equipment: Zelphie's Staff (WP: 20, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Blue Hand Shield (SP:7, immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to Fire), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to Fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators)

Inventory:

Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, Sleep effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,wood-elemental, deals the Poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Nimble Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torsowear), Ruby (Fire), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Electrical Warding,

Consumables: 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 11 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), First Aid Kit, 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Bone, Scrap Metal

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

lindmainbkphotoheadshotii.jpg

Lind Whisperer *Immune to Fire*

21-year-old male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Rogue

Level: 17.5

Power Bonus: +3

Defense: 11

Health: 35/38 (7+17+4+9+1)

Gold: 2

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Ethereal Deck (WP:7, throwing weapon), Chaotic Whip (WP: 5, Light and Darkness Elemental), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Anniversary Medal (SP: +3, Max. Health +3, Power +3, Max. Ether +3, immunity to fire, the medals stats will increase by 1 every anniversary, accessory), Akrone Fez (Artefact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

• Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory), Invader's Armour (SP: 3, wearer is encouraged when their current health is at half or below the wearer's maximum level), Plasma Shield (SP: 3, user absorbs electric attacks)• Bedroll, Shovel

•Mead, Potion x3, Remedy, Bone, Phoenix Essence,

Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

15770711493_3cdbceb5ac_o.jpg

Sorsha the Savage (NPC, listens to Matthais) *Targets Grunt B*

17.5 years old female human Berserker

Level 18 *Natural Respite* *Immune to Ice, Wind and Water*

Power:

Health: 29/35 (8+17+10)

SP: 6

Gold: 45

Equipment: Ancestral Club (WP: 7, suitable for Sorsha only), Woolly Hat (SP:2, immunity to ice, wind and water; suitable to Sorsha only; headwear), Woolly Mitts (SP: 2, wearer's level doubles while at half health or lower while in combat, suitable for Sorsha only, handwear), Wooden Goat Shield (SP: 2, Shield, suitable for Sorsha)

Inventory: Potion, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead

Purpearl monitors the hovering lights for any suspicious activity, lest the party get caught off guard. "Defeating their Hero Kaz isn't the end. By defeating Kaz, we want to be sending the Others a message, as a deterrent. Taunting them isn't ideal, for the village's sake. Blood will be on our hands if we leave this mountain presumably as victors and the Others return as a nation to oblierate the Sheep tribe. These scum do not belong here, it is best if they return back to their own. I suggest we wait if the Others would want their comrades back, before doing anything that might jeopardise our position."

The Other's ships wobble about, almost as if their unstable in their hovering positions. They seem to have taken damage from the explosion of the ATD.

"Oi" Siercon said sitting down. "Sorry guys, I was somewhat out of sorts that battle, didn't quite feel all there." Which was ironic as he truly felt back to normal at the moment. (Just a play at my poor loss of internet for the last 10 days [Yay for finishing moving!] nothing bad or ominous) He grabbed one of his potions and inserted it into the hollow upgrade in his spear simultaneously removing the empty vial. "You guys however did wonderfully!"

Siercon very gratefully accepted the loot and stood back up on his feet. "Somehow we've got to learn more about these guys..." He started searching the bodies for anything that might be useful. Specifically he pried at the robot in search for extra "Tacos." In addition, he sought to take a token from their dead leader. Something may come in handy in proving that she's dead to any of her followers..

Looking through the bodies, Siercon doesn't find anything. Moving towards, Kaz, he takes some time to search the leader when he feels her hands wrap around his neck.

16689220630_8507b67d9f_t.jpg

"Did you think you defeat me!?! Did you think you defeat Kaz, the Great?!"

Siercon manages to get away from Kaz, who gets back up and points her two hand cannons at the party, looking bruised and bloodied. Gik manages to repair himself, coming back to Kaz's side.

16690497099_b6e509a5c2_t.jpg

"NO TACOS FOR YOU.jpg"

"I will be taking the wholly things... now!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT! WHY DON'T YOU JUST GIVE UP?"

Sorsha tosses her hat at Kaz in anger, hitting her in the face. Kaz reels back in horror as the party can see large rashes begin to sprout all over her face.

"AGH!! NO! IT BURNS!! IT ITCHES!!"

16690497099_b6e509a5c2_t.jpg

"Uh oh."

Just then, one of the saucers erupts into flames as it plummets down towards the party, Kaz, and Gik!

"EVERYBODY MOVE BACK!!!"

Sorsha and the party move the sheep back as the saucer crashes and explodes in front of them, shrapnel flying everywhere. Gik and Kaz make an attempt to move, but as the party looks back they can see the duo flying off the cliffside, Kaz still screaming in anger.

"I WILL RETURN, You inferior lifeforms..."

After taking a moment to catch their breath, the party is blinded by light, the suns light! They'd survived the night! The remaining saucers take this as an opportunity to blast off, back into the horizon.

The party, exhausted, take a seat in the grass. The sheep begin to move around again as if nothing had happened. Sorsha looks around the rubble, trying to find her hat. It seemed everything turned out okay after all despite the possibility of being probed by otherworldly beings.

QM Note: Almost done! I've got a couple more images to take, so if you guys want to talk to Sorsha, or the sheep, or each other, feel free to. :classic:

The Black Knight helped Sorsha search for her hat.

"As I've never said before, if the night ends with a big explosion, you know it's been a great night. And quest," he called towards the others.

Siercon jumps up. "I feared as much." he said. While watching the events with Sorsha, Siercon quickly dawned his hood and approach the three sheep, and spoke

"It appears that these reptilian monsters are allergic or greatly weak to your wool." He looked at Sorsha, "This kind of wool is what your hat is made of right?"

Looking back at the sheep, he asked:

"Perhaps you would be kind enough to let us use some of your wool, to weaponize or coat our weapons with... perhaps there is a shop where we might purchase wool items, equipment... Any help would be greatly appreciated in defending your kind."

Purpearl watches as the saucers fly off, "Things would be easier if we're let known about their wooly weakness. Should've known something's amiss when our black knight constantly sought the company of the sheep when Kaz wanted to lay hands on him." Disappointing, Purpearl thought. "If this is the end, would appreciate the Crescent Shield and Chaotic Whip please, Black Knight. We should be parting ways very soon, it seems."

Sticking the staff into the ground, the elf casts her sights unto the valleys below. "Certainly not over."

Purpearl watches as the saucers fly off, "Things would be easier if we're let known about their wooly weakness. Should've known something's amiss when our black knight constantly sought the company of the sheep when Kaz wanted to lay hands on him."

"What I don't understand, is why they were after sheep. If they have some sort of weakness to sheep, then why steal them?" The Black Knight shrugged. "Perhaps they were attempting to create some sort of remedy to the weakness - but still... Something is off."

Disappointing, Purpearl thought. "If this is the end, would appreciate the Crescent Shield and Chaotic Whip please, Black Knight. We should be parting ways very soon, it seems."
"Of course." The Black Knight handed the Crescent Shield and Chaotic Whip back to their owner, and equipped the Plasma Shield and Invader's Armor in their place(removing his Akrone Fez).
Sticking the staff into the ground, the elf casts her sights unto the valleys below. "Certainly not over."

"No, the greater story definitely isn't. But this chapter of it is."

"Yes, and thank goodness. Shall we all return to your father, Miss Sorsha?"

The sheep begin to baa at the party, each one giving their thanks, even if most of them couldn't understand what the woolly creatures were saying.

heroica-baaffy.jpg

"BAAA! <Thank you guys for saving us! Who knows where we'd be right now if it weren't for you!>"

heroicafog-monster-silentlamb.jpg

"Baa-baa! <Same! The sheep as a whole thank you! You're certainly good in our books! Feel free to come back and graze with us whenever you like!>"

The Black Knight helped Sorsha search for her hat.

"As I've never said before, if the night ends with a big explosion, you know it's been a great night. And quest," he called towards the others.

Together, Lind and Sorsha go looking for her fluffy, woolly hat, finding it in the dirt. Sorsha brushes it off and scrunches it back onto her head.

"THANKS, LIND! THIS HAT KIND OF MEANS A LOT TO ME." Sorsha pats Lind on the back, nearly dropping him to the ground.

Siercon jumps up. "I feared as much." he said. While watching the events with Sorsha, Siercon quickly dawned his hood and approach the three sheep, and spoke

"It appears that these reptilian monsters are allergic or greatly weak to your wool." He looked at Sorsha, "This kind of wool is what your hat is made of right?"

Looking back at the sheep, he asked:

"Perhaps you would be kind enough to let us use some of your wool, to weaponize or coat our weapons with... perhaps there is a shop where we might purchase wool items, equipment... Any help would be greatly appreciated in defending your kind."

"WELL, THE OTHERS NEVER LANDED ON THE GROUND UNTIL NOW. I DON'T THINK THEY'LL BE COMING BACK AFTER WE SHOWED THEM WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MESS WITH US!" Sorsha shows off her rather meaty muscles to Siercon. She was surprisingly well built for her age.

Purpearl watches as the saucers fly off, "Things would be easier if we're let known about their wooly weakness. Should've known something's amiss when our black knight constantly sought the company of the sheep when Kaz wanted to lay hands on him." Disappointing, Purpearl thought.

"IT'S NOT LIKE I KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT IT. THEY'VE NEVER LANDED ON THE SURFACE BEFORE." Sorsha states. There's a dose of anger in her voice.

Looking down, Purpearl sees nothing but the cliff face. It was hard to imagine the alien Tactician and her colleague surviving such a fall.

"Yes, and thank goodness. Shall we all return to your father, Miss Sorsha?"

"That won't be necessary!"

Looking behind them, the party was greeted to a large crowd of people. It seemed as if the entire village had shown up! Men, women, children, the elderly, all lined up and looking at the party. Chief Tarlock makes his way through the crowd and towards the party and the sheep.

16440981063_bbb013cbac_o.jpg

16204503479_96361bb90b_t.jpg

"I cannot thank you enough, heroes. I'm ashamed to say I slept through most of it, but it seems as if though there was quite the fight! Needless to say, the sheep are here, and so is our lively hood. Thank you. Thank you very much." Tarlock turns to his daughter, seemingly about to cry a river. He hugs his daughter, Sorsha hugging him back. Surprisingly, Tarlock doesn't seem to be suffocating.

"I am so proud of you, Sorsha, and so would your mum."

"Dad... I know..." The two share their emotional scene as the village looks on. It doesn't take long for a familiar pair of voices to ruin the moment.

15724523233_315eb4f84d_o.jpg

"OI! Tarlock! Let's go! We're all proud of Sorsha and the heroes, but there's a banquet to devour!"

16344450905_f24689faf1_o.jpg

"Yessir! There certainly is, and it's not going to get eaten if we just stand here!" Tarlock wipes his eyes and grins widely.

"*sniff* Quite right! Heroes, as promised, your reward of a Level Up Mushroom each. However, we also have a large breakfast banquet prepared for you for saving our sheep! You can tell me all about what happened to me then, and then to the village!" Tarlock steps up on a boulder and speaks to the crowd, including the heroes.

"COME! LET US FILL OUR STOMACHS UNTIL WE'RE STUFFED, AND THEN WE'LL EAT SOME MORE ANYWAYS! THE LOT OF YOU! THESE HEROES NEED A MEAL FIT FOR A HUNDRED HEARTY SHEEP! TO MY HALL!"

The crowd hoots and howlers and drags the heroes away from the scene. Lind finds himself greeted by two friends.

15881582104_98458ba58b_t.jpg

"Heeellooo handsome! I hope you didn't forget us!"

16478145536_5ecf89ef68_t.jpg

"Took out those nasty Others, eh? Well, why don't you take us out to our house and we can skip the first servings of breakfast. And perhaps the second."

"Lily and I know you must be pretty exhausted... what do you say, Lind? Don't lead us on!" The two ladies seem ready to gobble Lind up in a less than wholesome way.

Purpearl, Siercon and Matthais meanwhile all get moved by the crowd into the hall, Sorsha with them who seems to be enjoying herself.

"KNOWING MY DAD, THERE'S GOING TO PROBABLY BE A LUNCH BANQUET AND HUUUGE SUPPER AS WELL! OH, AND THE PARTYING! YOU SHOULD SEE THIS VILLAGE PARTY DURING GROGMAS!"

The five of them were the village heroes, and it seemed they wouldn't be leaving even if they protested. Although a day of eating and partying was what was commemorating the occasion for their repelling of an otherworldly menace, the town of Hoogan would always remember Siercon, Matthais, Purpearl, Lind, and Sorsha as

Heroes.

-The Quest Is Successful!-

The Party

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png Matthias the Carnival Crusader (StickFig) *Party Leader

22 Year Old Male Gnome

Level 19 Druid *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to Bound, Slowed*

Power: 36 (19 + 9 + 0 + 0 + 10)

Defense: 4 (0 + 4 + 0)

Health: 22/29 (6 + 18 + 7 + 0 - 2)

Ether: 16/19 (0 + 18 + 1 + 0 + 0)

Gold: 111

Equipment: :cannon: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP: 9, hits enemies above and below target, Darkness and Electric Elemental, user is slowed), Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearers gains +10 gold for each humanoid kill, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and beast warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (wearers is immune to bound and slowed, footwear)

Inventory: Peashooter (WP: 2, deals Burning: -2), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP: 8), Xeno Whip (WP: 4, poisoning the Xeno Whip doubles the poison output, whip), Dapper Hat (Head wear, 1/6 chance to be encouraged at the beginning of battle), Ruby, 2x Elixir,Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood (first target hit is doomed, consumable), 4x Remedy, 2x Smoke Bomb, Doomsday Bomb (Deals 99 damage), Scrap Metal x2 (25 Gold) Bedroll, Magic Compass, Level Up Mushroom

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 18 Battlemage (Darkness to all Attacks; Immune to Darkness, Asleep) *Stunned!*

Power: 35 (18 levels + WP 17)

Spell Power: 45 (Magicians Gloves +10)

Defense: 5 (Dark Phibbian Cloak +5)

Health: 27/27 (5 base + 18 lvl + 5 class)

Ether: 23/24 (5 base + 18 lvl + 1 class)

Gold: 109

Equipment:

-Giant Spear (WP:17, causes Bleeding, Hollow upgrade [Potion Stored])

-Dark Phibbian Cloak (SP:5, Adds Darkness-element to attacks and protects from darkness, suitable for magic users, body wear, Immune to Sleep,)

-Magicians Gloves (Spellpower +10, Artifact, Hand Wear)

Gems: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood)

Bombs: Cataclysm Bomb 200 (200 damage to all enemies with all elements [except darkness], ignores row and SP), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and poisoned by 3 to all foes),Confuse Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the confused-effect to all opponents), 5x Bone (Distracts monster for 1 turn when thrown)

Consumables: 7 Potions, Grand Potion, 3 Remedies, Smoke Bomb, Level Up Mushroom

Inventory: Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies, Hollow upgrade [ ____ Stored]), Mythril Shard x1

Tools: Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

15605732077_bd60270f70_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven Mystic Knight

Level 20 *Immune to Fire and Fragile, Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, Stunned*

Power: 46 (Level 19 + WP 20 + 3 A. Medal +4 Bonus #102)

Defense: 14 (5 + 3 + 6)

Health: 31/31 (Base 5 + 18 Levels + 7 Health Bonus +3 A. Medal - 2 Penalty #102)

Ether: 12/30 (Base 5 + 18 Levels + 3 A. Medal + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold: 63 (Owes Karie 25 gold)

GP: 6

Equipment: Zelphie's Staff (WP: 20, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Blue Hand Shield (SP:7, immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to Fire), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to Fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators)

Inventory:

Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, Sleep effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,wood-elemental, deals the Poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Nimble Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torsowear), Chaotic Whip (WP: 5, Light and Darkness Elemental), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Ruby (Fire), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Electrical Warding,

Consumables: 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 11 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), First Aid Kit, 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Bone, Scrap Metal, Level Up Mushroom

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

lindmainbkphotoheadshotii.jpg

Lind Whisperer *Immune to Fire*

21-year-old male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Rogue

Level: 17.5

Power Bonus: +3

Defense: 11

Health: 35/38 (7+17+4+9+1)

Gold: 2

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Ethereal Deck (WP:7, throwing weapon), Anniversary Medal (SP: +3, Max. Health +3, Power +3, Max. Ether +3, immunity to fire, the medals stats will increase by 1 every anniversary, accessory), Akrone Fez (Artefact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

• Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory), Invader's Armour (SP: 3, wearer is encouraged when their current health is at half or below the wearer's maximum level), Plasma Shield (SP: 3, user absorbs electric attacks)• Bedroll, Shovel

•Mead, Potion x3, Remedy, Bone, Phoenix Essence, Level Up Mushroom

Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

QM NOTE: AH! CAPS LOCK IS STILL ON! :laugh: Thank you so much for participating with me in this quirky, screwball quest. I'd love to know what you thought over in the QM Lounge, so even if it's short, I'd appreciate the feedback. I'll have some things to say in a bit, so keep a look out for that. :wink: Feel free to talk to anyone, since you're going to be in Hoogan until tomorrow, or late tonight at the latest. :tongue: Lind, you've one last sexually charged choice to make. :laugh: Thanks again to the four of you for playing, I had a blast! :thumbup:

Edited by Kintobor

Together, Lind and Sorsha go looking for her fluffy, woolly hat, finding it in the dirt. Sorsha brushes it off and scrunches it back onto her head.

"THANKS, LIND! THIS HAT KIND OF MEANS A LOT TO ME." Sorsha pats Lind on the back, nearly dropping him to the ground.

"I know what you mean - clothing really does make a man. Or woman. Or Master Fighter...You get my point."

"That won't be necessary!"

Looking behind them, the party was greeted to a large crowd of people. It seemed as if the entire village had shown up! Men, women, children, the elderly, all lined up and looking at the party.

"Please tell me they won't be showing up here too..." the Munchkin muttered under his breath.

Chief Tarlock makes his way through the crowd and towards the party and the sheep.

16440981063_bbb013cbac_o.jpg

"I cannot thank you enough, heroes. I'm ashamed to say I slept through most of it, but it seems as if though there was quite the fight! Needless to say, the sheep are here, and so is our lively hood. Thank you. Thank you very much." Tarlock turns to his daughter, seemingly about to cry a river. He hugs his daughter, Sorsha hugging him back. Surprisingly, Tarlock doesn't seem to be suffocating.

"I am so proud of you, Sorsha, and so would your mum."

"Dad... I know..." The two share their emotional scene as the village looks on. It doesn't take long for a familiar pair of voices to ruin the moment.

15724523233_315eb4f84d_o.jpg

"OI! Tarlock! Let's go! We're all proud of Sorsha and the heroes, but there's a banquet to devour!"

16344450905_f24689faf1_o.jpg

"Yessir! There certainly is, and it's not going to get eaten if we just stand here!" Tarlock wipes his eyes and grins widely.

"*sniff* Quite right! Heroes, as promised, your reward of a Level Up Mushroom each. However, we also have a large breakfast banquet prepared for you for saving our sheep! You can tell me all about what happened to me then, and then to the village!" Tarlock steps up on a boulder and speaks to the crowd, including the heroes.

"COME! LET US FILL OUR STOMACHS UNTIL WE'RE STUFFED, AND THEN WE'LL EAT SOME MORE ANYWAYS! THE LOT OF YOU! THESE HEROES NEED A MEAL FIT FOR A HUNDRED HEARTY SHEEP! TO MY HALL!"

The crowd hoots and howlers and drags the heroes away from the scene.

"Now, if I can just blend in with the crowd-"

Lind finds himself greeted by two friends.

Oh, bother.

"Heeellooo handsome! I hope you didn't forget us!"

"Took out those nasty Others, eh? Well, why don't you take us out to our house and we can skip the first servings of breakfast. And perhaps the second."

"Lily and I know you must be pretty exhausted... what do you say, Lind? Don't lead us on!" The two ladies seem ready to gobble Lind up in a less than wholesome way.

"Wait, wait!" The Munchkin held up his hands warningly, and stepped back. "Much as I'd love that, the situation changed somewhat.

During the skirmish, I had to fight with a, well...rather...shall we say, "unpleasant," individual. Now, I wouldn't like to suggest anything ill of the presumably dead, but her face...well, let's just say, normal, healthy humans, don't quite resemble what she looked like. And I was unfortunately right beside her when she, well...Got blasted off to greener pastures, shall we say.

I'm quite certain I'll be all right - Munchkin doctors aren't bad at healing certain, eh, unique deseases - but if she had one - and I tell you, she did not look like a normal healthy human to me - I very probably shouldn't be coming into, eh, "contact" with anyone until I've been checked out. The way she looked - I would not like to wish that upon anyone."

"IT'S NOT LIKE I KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT IT. THEY'VE NEVER LANDED ON THE SURFACE BEFORE." Sorsha states. There's a dose of anger in her voice.

"Exactly. It's hard to imagine someone that spent years studying them would withhold such vital information that put the party in danger."

Looking down, Purpearl sees nothing but the cliff face. It was hard to imagine the alien Tactician and her colleague surviving such a fall.

Purpearl's pleased to entertain such a thought and an end to it all.

Purpearl, Siercon and Matthais meanwhile all get moved by the crowd into the hall, Sorsha with them who seems to be enjoying herself.

"KNOWING MY DAD, THERE'S GOING TO PROBABLY BE A LUNCH BANQUET AND HUUUGE SUPPER AS WELL! OH, AND THE PARTYING! YOU SHOULD SEE THIS VILLAGE PARTY DURING GROGMAS!"

After spending an unrecorded amount of time recuperating at the village, Purpearl left the mountain with a greater level of enlightenment. She's pleased to have taken Copper Fox's advice to take up the shield. It has certainly worked well to counter her erratic inner magical flow she has no control over that had once affected her so much. Not to forget that bit of Aventine's magic that she needs to learn how to grapple with. As Purpearl continues her way back to Eubric, she decides that unless there's a way to better use her magic, she will continue to raise the shield as long as she stands. To protect herself, as well as others.

OOC: Thanks for hosting this awesome quest! :thumbup::wink: I had a blast and thank you for picking Purpearl to come along. :classic:

Matthias stumbles rather distantly through several days of feasting and enjoying the countryside before heading back to Heroica Hall....

Thanks Kintobor, and thanks all! :thumbup:

"Wait, wait!" The Munchkin held up his hands warningly, and stepped back. "Much as I'd love that, the situation changed somewhat.

During the skirmish, I had to fight with a, well...rather...shall we say, "unpleasant," individual. Now, I wouldn't like to suggest anything ill of the presumably dead, but her face...well, let's just say, normal, healthy humans, don't quite resemble what she looked like. And I was unfortunately right beside her when she, well...Got blasted off to greener pastures, shall we say.

I'm quite certain I'll be all right - Munchkin doctors aren't bad at healing certain, eh, unique deseases - but if she had one - and I tell you, she did not look like a normal healthy human to me - I very probably shouldn't be coming into, eh, "contact" with anyone until I've been checked out. The way she looked - I would not like to wish that upon anyone."

The two women look at Lind with disappointment and somewhat angry.

"Lind! Don't lead us on like this!"

"Are you telling me you've had sex with another woman? Ugh! Seriously Lind?"

"Don't try and lie to us. Either you're want to go and have some fun, like you sounded like you did yesterday, or you don't, and you lose that chance to have a threesome with us forever. Your choice. I was hoping we'd have some fun together, but if you're only wanting to lead us on, whatever..."

"Are you telling me you've had sex with another woman? Ugh! Seriously Lind?"

"No, I was attempting to intimate the fact that I was near a very...disfigured being, when it met a violent end, and that I suspected I might have been exposed to some sort of horrible disease."

"That's the one thing that'd be good about a technological revolution, people'd have half a decent idea of basic medicine..."

"Don't try and lie to us. Either you're want to go and have some fun, like you sounded like you did yesterday, or you don't, and you lose that chance to have a threesome with us forever. Your choice. I was hoping we'd have some fun together, but if you're only wanting to lead us on, whatever..."

The Munchkin sighed.

"I was hoping I wouldn't have to go into this, but it appears that the Kube has other intentions.

I'm a person torn between two worlds.

On the one hand, I have to be celibate for tradition's sake. On the other hand, I have a responsibility to do the best possible job questing I can - and unfortunately, my looks are one of the few "skills" I have to call upon.

I try and balance them, but the two don't balance. And I need to realize they don't. Because every time I try and balance them, people get hurt, try as I do to prevent that. But they do, and I need to see that the only way to prevent that is to not do that in the first place.

I'm sorry that I led you on yesterday. I needed to try and learn anything I could, in case it could be used to help protect your sheep, and romance will loosen lips that are sealed by other means. But it was a thoroughly caddish thing for me to do, and I'm sorry."

I'm sorry that I led you on yesterday. I needed to try and learn anything I could, in case it could be used to help protect your sheep, and romance will loosen lips that are sealed by other means. But it was a thoroughly caddish thing for me to do, and I'm sorry."

Rachelle walks up to Lind and slaps him. She huffs off, only for Lily to walk up and smacks him as well across the face.

"And don't you dare come crying back to us, Lind!"

The two women walk off into the crowd, clearly angered by the black knight, leaving Lind behind.

Edited by Kintobor

The well-deserved sting of the slaps didn't equal the sting inside the Munchkin's heart, as he realized how he'd brought pain to two of those he was supposed to protect.

"I deserved that..." he mumbled, as he sadly began to walk down the mountain, back towards Eubric.