Sign in to follow this  
legomilk

Bionicle list 2008

Man, I never look foward to Bionicles. They really gotta cut the theme off now. The first, what, 6, were good, but it's getting RIDICULOUS! *sing* I can't stand it.

They should definately cut off their top-selling theme.

Especially since you think it's getting ridiculous. God knows if one Lego fan shows dissent it is a real problem :P

Dino_Bot...

The Mata aren't perfect. They can't bend or pose, the loose arms get annoying (This was fixed with the positioning system in the Nuva, but still), and if you look at the actual set you realize how cartoony and large their heads were. It's pretty weird. I think the real reason everyone likes them more is because they're so much brighter. It's really all in the colors.

Thats the point dude... :-D

The quality of sets has declined over the years.

Edited by Ecto

But anyway, did anyone catch the number for the Toa Ignika set?

8697- Toa Ignika *y*

Thanks Kynok.

Thats the point dude... :-D

The quality of sets has declined over the years.

I agree, but we have gotten very nice sets as well as the crappy ones, and Jaller is one of them.

They should definately cut off their top-selling theme.

Especially since you think it's getting ridiculous. God knows if one Lego fan shows dissent it is a real problem :P

Dino_Bot...

The Mata aren't perfect. They can't bend or pose, the loose arms get annoying (This was fixed with the positioning system in the Nuva, but still), and if you look at the actual set you realize how cartoony and large their heads were. It's pretty weird. I think the real reason everyone likes them more is because they're so much brighter. It's really all in the colors.

Fail.

The Mahri are just as bright and colorful as the first, in fact, the Mahri are the most colorful, in my opinion, but everyone likes the original toa better due to sentimentality. I just like the Inika better because of their awesome poseability and their light up swords, however, I dislike the fact that they don't have real heads, and some ugly green piece of crap serves as their heads. Couldn't they at least have made them glow in the dark, or multicolored pieces with transparent light piping at least? That is where they lack awesome-yness.

The Original are cool because they introduced the concept, the Nuva Furthered it and gave us a 7th Toa, then the Metru added knee and elbow joints to the mix as well as darker colors and more complex bodies, The Hordika gave us nothing (seriously, nothing), and the Inika gave us independent shoulder joints, familiar characters, and light up weppenz!! The Mahri gave us...chain guns and water breathers? I think they're just as bad as the Hordika, maybe just a little better in terms of poseability and overall look, but the guns and the clutter sort of suck, and they're just well armored Inika with guns and actual heads. Which is good, but...they even gave them different mask powers! I just like them all really...except the Hordika. And the Mahri are ok, but...its too many Toa now.

Lesovikk I like just 'coz he's green :-P

Do you own any Cordak, btw?

Say what you will about violence and such nonsense, it's no worse then a Nerf Gun, and more importantly, extremely fun. I've never had more fun with a Launcher, and I think it may almost kick the butt of the swinging arms action, if only the Cordak actually knocked stuff over they would.

I think the Mahri perfect what the Inika gave us. And they do offer something no other Toa has, individuality. And a flipped torso does not count when compared to completely unique builds.

I think the Mahri perfect what the Inika gave us. And they do offer something no other Toa has, individuality. And a flipped torso does not count when compared to completely unique builds.

I agree that the Mahri are a step up from the Inika. Thank God for real masks again!

While the Mahri may have given us the most individuality, I feel the Olda still give us the most character. I don't know why, but their masks and builds evoke more character and feeling than any pose or 'face' the Inika and Mahri can be put in.

Though build-wise, my favorite toa are the Hagah. Iruini <3. That was a nice set. I'd buy toa that looked like that any day of the week. Noble? Check. Proportional? Check. Lovely mask? Check.

<<DV>>

Say what you will about violence and such nonsense, it's no worse then a Nerf Gun, and more importantly, extremely fun. I've never had more fun with a Launcher, and I think it may almost kick the butt of the swinging arms action, if only the Cordak actually knocked stuff over they would.

I own one. And I'm extremely disapointed with it. Not only does it not fire half the time, it's such a big and useless mold that it's worthless except for slapping on torsos as an extra weapons. At least the Zamor launchers had a fair amount of axle joints to modify them with more pieces, but if you sliced off the ball joint and axle socket on the Cordak launcher, it would look like generic action figure junk. :-X

I agree that the Mahri are a step up from the Inika. Thank God for real masks again!

Oh yes! While I really liked the outward designs of the Sanok, Iden, and Kadin, the horid heads ruined any chance of Mocing with them. |-/

The Mahri gave us...chain guns and water breathers? I think they're just as bad as the Hordika, maybe just a little better in terms of poseability and overall look,

Yeah, but they also gave us some awesome new masks and lots of interesting parts, not to mention major differences in each set! The Hordika brought new meaning to "Clone sets," plus they had those horible dispaportionate arms and lots of useless pieces. Okay, so I love the feet, chest armor, and some of the heads and weapons, but the rest is just junk. :-X

While the Mahri may have given us the most individuality, I feel the Olda still give us the most character. I don't know why, but their masks and builds evoke more character and feeling than any pose or 'face' the Inika and Mahri can be put in.

Though build-wise, my favorite toa are the Hagah. Iruini <3. That was a nice set. I'd buy toa that looked like that any day of the week. Noble? Check. Proportional? Check. Lovely mask? Check.

<<DV>>

Maybe because you've known those characters for seven years and have enjoyed at least three of them with stories about those characters, whereas the Mahri are new to this year?

Grevious, just push harder. It's pretty easy to get at least five in a row, use that elbow grease :P

I'm sure somewhere out there, there is a MoC that needed a Chaingun. If it serves well as a weapon, then it still has a purpose.

I'm sure somewhere out there, there is a MoC that needed a Chaingun. If it serves well as a weapon, then it still has a purpose.
But it makes a crappy chaingun, something like this works much better.

Excuse me?

Do you have Iruini? He doesn't have arms past his knees, arms longer than his legs, A torso two lengths deep, but eight lengths wide, etc.

<3

<<DV>>

Now THAT's cool, Shine! Sort of reminds me of Samus Aran with a evil, male twist! *sweet*

And I also completely agree. The Cordak is bad in design, especially because it has a total of THREE completely different colors: Light grey, Dark grey, and RED.

Good luck trying to incorporate that into a MOC that doesn't have the same colors. *wacko*

Now THAT's cool, Shine! Sort of reminds me of Samus Aran with a evil, male twist! *sweet*
Not mine.

The Mata aren't perfect. They can't bend or pose, the loose arms get annoying (This was fixed with the positioning system in the Nuva, but still),

I agree, but what I want is a retooling of their bodies to give them a boost to fit into the modern lines.

and if you look at the actual set you realize how cartoony and large their heads were. It's pretty weird.

I thought that was cool. I mean, their "thing" in 2001 was all about mask collecting (purchasing).

Also, the Tohunga guys running around and being all kickass and awesome in the flash movies online.... well, the large heads of the Toa fit in with being related to them... which is good, for as I said, the 2001 Tohunga were right there being freaking GREAT characters.

Also, especially in Lewa's case, I was OVERJOYED to see Lego start leaning towards something that had an anime styling to it.... but that quickly degenerated into... ugh, i dunno'.. like Dutch or Germans or Americans doing "robots" kind of stuff.

Super-deformed body, big head? THAT was cool. And juuuuust small enough to not be too preposterous.

I think the real reason everyone likes them more is because they're so much brighter. It's really all in the colors.

Perhaps to a point. Or, it could also be the uniformity of their colors within each individual Toa figure.

If you got Lewa, he was pretty much all green.

So... what's the logical thing to do?

Go out and add (buy) MORE green, to soup him up! It was fun!

These new guys? Blecch...

They're a mish-mosh of silver crap weapons all over the freaking place, dark colors mixed with other dark colors (as opposed to the LOGICAL concept of making someone red, with dark red and trans red).

Really, like where would a beginner mocist even start to build on to these new fruity figures we've been gettting?

Hah! So, the reason we get preposterous MoCs is that they have preposterous parts... Makes sense.

Has anyone been listening to me EVER in the last debates about new parts?

Do you have Iruini? He doesn't have arms past his knees, arms longer than his legs, A torso two lengths deep, but eight lengths wide, etc.

<3

<<DV>>

Well of course I do, I do like him and all, but his legs are to small.

Jaller Mahri, he doesn't have arms past his knees, arms longer than his legs, a torso two lengths deep, etc. He has a torso four lengths deep, maybe a bit more, a taller torso than the Inika to reduce the seeming wideness, and also to reduce the reach of the arms. His arms are slightly long, but otherwise he's pretty damn good.

Has anyone been listening to me EVER in the last debates about new parts?
Nope. :-P Edited by Clonie

Well of course I do, I do like him and all, but his legs are to small.

Jaller Mahri, he doesn't have arms past his knees, arms longer than his legs, a torso two lengths deep, etc. He has a torso four lengths deep, maybe a bit more, a taller torso than the Inika to reduce the seeming wideness, and also to reduce the reach of the arms. His arms are slightly long, but otherwise he's pretty damn good.

Nope. :-P

That's a shame, because I've been saying that for a pretty long time.

And I also completely agree. The Cordak is bad in design, especially because it has a total of THREE completely different colors: Light grey, Dark grey, and RED.

Good luck trying to incorporate that into a MOC that doesn't have the same colors. *wacko*

The thing about guns is they don't have to follow any color scheme, because they're guns, not part of a character.

Unless you're Shine.