I don't normally make WIP threads as I like to keep my projects secret but I felt I should for this. May I present my take on motorising the 8070 Super car. I have tried to keep all original functions + steering and drive. My friend has a love of things going fast so I tried to make it as fast as possible. Here it goes:

15558970019_99076a7590_z.jpg

15134692434_616397cc2e_z.jpg

15752779221_44d12aba25_z.jpg

Since these photos have been taken I have relocated the fake V8 engine to the back to make room for the battery box. This unfortunately means that the rear spoiler doesn't work (but I don't really mind). The bonnet is back on and working and is looking a lot more full. If you have any suggestions please comment and expect more soon!

Also if my pictures are too large just tell me and I shall fix them:)

Looks very nice.

You're saying you added RC motors yet kept the original workings of the doors/bonnet(hood)/spoilers as well?

Looks very nice.

You're saying you added RC motors yet kept the original workings of the doors/bonnet(hood)/spoilers as well?

Yeah it is a bit of a tight squeeze but I managed it. But I removed the spoiler as I thought it was a bit ugly. Thanks for the kind words!

Looking good so far, I bought 8070 a few months ago and I'm almost ready to start building it, hoping to eventually upgrade it to RC. So I can't wait to see how this will work out. :classic:

Here is today's build results:

The rear end looks a bit better

15661847358_01c24efefd_z.jpg

Fake V8 Mounted

15663593957_c60ccb3e6d_z.jpg

And battery Box:

15849378945_f5feec5426_z.jpg

It is nearly finished, just a few more things to get right. The V8 isn't working at the moment but it is nearly there. Stay tuned

Rear is a bit flat for me but you've packaged the servo, motors and battery pack very well.

H :thumbup:

Rear is a bit flat for me but you've packaged the servo, motors and battery pack very well.

H :thumbup:

Yeah it might only be temporary, we'll see though. This is how sm 01 did it:

Lego 8070 modification (pneumatic suspension and rc) Lego 8070 modification (pneumatic suspension and rc)

Edited by Nalyd997

I don't normally make WIP threads as I like to keep my projects secret but I felt I should for this. May I present my take on motorising the 8070 Super car. I have tried to keep all original functions + steering and drive. My friend has a love of things going fast so I tried to make it as fast as possible. Here it goes:

15558970019_99076a7590_z.jpg

15134692434_616397cc2e_z.jpg

15752779221_44d12aba25_z.jpg

Since these photos have been taken I have relocated the fake V8 engine to the back to make room for the battery box. This unfortunately means that the rear spoiler doesn't work (but I don't really mind). The bonnet is back on and working and is looking a lot more full. If you have any suggestions please comment and expect more soon!

Also if my pictures are too large just tell me and I shall fix them:)

How are the Xl's coupled?

How are the Xl's coupled?

There is a 16 tooth half bevel gear between them which is attached a 20 toothe gear which is on the differential