Sign in to follow this  
DD840

Another Canadian

Hello, I've made a few posts so I suppose I should get around to introducing myself. At the beginning of the month I went on a roadtrip to Seattle with my sister and went to the Lego store at Bellevue. I've been looking for the Hobbit house (an unexpected gathering) causally on and off and guess what, they had one in the back! So I took that as a sign, got it, and that started a more serious collection. Back home (near Vancouver), I live between 2 Lego stores so I went to both to find a Palace Cinema. Next, I'll try to add a Pet Shop and Parisian Restaurant to my street. I don't have a ton of space in my little apartment so I'll try to keep my collection limited.

This past weekend I did manage to snag a Rocket Raccoon polybag at Toys R Us as well. Due to space limitations I might return the Iron Man Malibu Mansion, although it's so cute. I had resisted buying Lego since I already collect comics and belong to a miniature club - my sister complains that there are comics and dollhouses all over the apartment. In my defense, I'm working in quarter scale, not just 1:12. I've travelled to Seattle for miniature shows and comicon, next it could be brickcon :classic:

Before this month my Lego collection had been a few minifigs (Harry Potter and Star Wars) and a small HP set. Sadly, I missed out on the bigger HP sets. My coworker has a lot of them so I daydream that she'll sell them to me one day at a decent price. I'm hoping some of the Lego Ideas mini Hogwarts will eventually get approved or more sets will come out with the new movies. I've started to play around in LDD but have yet to actually order bricks and build something.

Welcome to Eurobricks, DD840!

Be careful with LEGO, as it can quickly become a collection addiction :wink: !

I am looking forward to seeing what you build. Do you keep the sets together and collect sets or do you build your own MOCs?

Right now I'm keeping the sets together but I'm hoping to work my way up to doing MOCs.

Welcome aboard. Are you the western part of the country?

I'm in one of the Vancouver suburbs. I'll have to check out the Cdn thread, I need a place to vent about prices! :P

Welcome aboard! Hope to see you next year at BrickCon or maybe sooner if you are ever in Victoria. I am with VicLUG and we do some public displays around the BC Family Day holiday (in Sidney) and the school break in March @Tillicum Mall. On your side of the Salish Sea you have a choice of hanging with AbbyLUG or VLC, or both!