VBBN

Battle For The Golden Mask Competition: Entry Thread

Entry: Varlock the Conqueror

Main Image:

4jVNEek.png

Gallery: Link

Incredibly brief bio: An ancient warlord long thought dead, Varlock has returned from the grave in search for something that belongs to him, and he will find it regardless of who stands in his way.

Entry name: The Cratahk

Image:

Deep beneath the waters that surround the mystical island of Okoto lives an ancient creature, The Cratahk:

"You fear me don't you, you have heared the legends about me and those legends have become your nightmares. I may be trapped in this watery realm, but I rule your precious island, I rule it through your fear of me..."

Gallery:https://www.flickr.c...57649542839842/

My entry: Roodaka the Queen of Skullspiders.

I'd like to leave the story to our brave storyteam, but to mention that she is the queen of Skullspiders as a reference to the Visorak hordes.

I've decided to recreate one of the most charismatic female villains of the old Bionicle story. She bears her traditional staff / scepter that we've already seen in "Web of Shadows" but with more spidery look. Her hair is also remininiscent of the one seen in the movie, it is flexible and somewhat poseable.

As for the construction, I'd like to mention that I tried to combine the old Bionicle Pieces, Technic and CCBS, though the shades of silver have been changing from year to year and it was sometimes difficult to put the old and the new ones together due to their color differences.

I also used a lot of flexible parts to preserve the smooth outline of the model without the lack of poseability.

Although It's quite reckless of me to hope for the grand prize posting such a character, I'm looking forward to see more feminine characters in my favorite Lego series.

Entry pic:

15895146026_4511a028ed_z.jpg

[Flickr Gallery]