Sign in to follow this  
Tuinman

MEC Category A: Inside Mt. Doom

Hi all,

This is my entry for the Middle Earth Contest:

Frodo and Sam reach the top of Mount Doom. When they look down, they see the burning cracks of Doom. Frodo hesitates to throw the One ring into the fire, and puts the ring around his finger. Gollem suddenly appears and jumps on his back. The invisible Frodo and Gollem struggle. Gollem manages to get the Ring by biting of Frodo's finger, but in joy of his regained precious, he falls with the Ring into the fire.

15553087066_2b15cb19de_z.jpg

DSC_2070 by Tuinman1980, on Flickr

15390682428_bb29d54df8_z.jpg

DSC_2053 by Tuinman1980, on Flickr

Replay this defining scene with this set! Let Gollem jump onto the back of Frodo with this catapult!

Let Gollem (or Frodo - you decide the fate of Middle Earth!) fall down the cracks of Mount Doom. Pull the pin and the floor of the cliff will collapse.

15391123227_3a841b6e07_z.jpg

DSC_2051 by Tuinman1980, on Flickr

The cliff front side:

15391183560_8fb0a74fe4_z.jpg

DSC_2029 by Tuinman1980, on Flickr

The cliff from the other side:

15553128856_74fc0b7906_z.jpg

DSC_2061 by Tuinman1980, on Flickr

This set comes with 3 minifigures: Frodo with a scared face, Sam looking worried and Gollem.

15390689688_0b391825ac_z.jpg

DSC_2055 by Tuinman1980, on Flickr

The idea of depicting this scene has been on my mind for months. MEC was the reason to start building it. I tried to make a set in the lower price range. This one is about 200 - 250 pieces (didn't count, just a guess). It's my first MOC on EB by the way.

I hope you like. C&C welcome.

Really good, could definitely be a real set! Great play features, I love the fiery highlights too.

Great work! You've really done a good job making it look like a set. Those fire pieces really compliment the moc well. Good job!

Nice low-cost set with great play features.

Great work! You've really done a good job making it look like a set. Those fire pieces really compliment the moc well. Good job!

Really good, could definitely be a real set! Great play features, I love the fiery highlights too.

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you like it.

They should have made this instead of Shelob attacks if they wanted to include those 3 figures in a set. This is scene is far more recognisable.

They should have made this instead of Shelob attacks if they wanted to include those 3 figures in a set. This is scene is far more recognisable.

Thanks. I agree with you, but I wouldn't want to miss Shelob, which is one of the best creatures Lego has ever made.

I'm liking the fact you changed Frodo's face to look more worn, like he hasn't slept comfortably in a long while. I don't know what TLG was thinking not making this set, but you aced it. Nice build, great use of pieces and just a set most LotR fans desire.

Nice!

Maybe the set hast a few pieces too much for the seize but it looks great and could easily be a 15€ (a lot cheaper in US-$) set.

The minifigs fit in this set and the play-features are quite nice too - well done! :thumbup:

Wait, doesn't Sam look worried any way? :laugh: I like it, it's somthing I could see lego making

Thanks Brickmaster!

I'm liking the fact you changed Frodo's face to look more worn, like he hasn't slept comfortably in a long while. I don't know what TLG was thinking not making this set, but you aced it. Nice build, great use of pieces and just a set most LotR fans desire.

His worn out face fits the scene the best, imho. Glad you like it!

Nice!

Maybe the set hast a few pieces too much for the seize but it looks great and could easily be a 15€ (a lot cheaper in US-$) set.

The minifigs fit in this set and the play-features are quite nice too - well done! :thumbup:

Thanks!

With 3 minifigs and about 200-220 pieces it's more like 20 euros, I guess it's more like Shelobs Attack.