VintageLegoEra

!Lego 10190 Market Street New Build & Review!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello!

After building the Cafe Corner, here is the Market street just arrived and screaming: BUILD MEEEEE.....:).. a very nice looking set and box design...

Dont ask me cos i am definitely gonna build this set ;)...

This will be Number 2 build as per the modular series....i am planning to build them as per their year of production..

Let have a look at the Box:

-The glues on the sides of the box are popped out so a tape took care of keeping the box in place.

-The Poly Bags and the manual are in excellent condition and fresh!

14515322988_00bf3588c8_m.jpg

14701690482_2cb563535d_m.jpg

14699582214_bdfc48e7d2_m.jpg

I will start building it today or tomorrow, just stay tuned! :)

Regards

Edited by Rick

Keep up the great work! I also started with lego after the first three modulars were retired. Like you, I've managed to acquire the first three that I missed.

As far as 10190 goes, research the history of this set. Designed by an AFOL who passed away not long after it's release.

This could be my favorite modular. So quirky, many interesting uses of lego components and designed by an AFOL.

This set gets a lot of criticism. Some even want to deny its status as part of the modular series. To me, it may be the best. I went ahead and got two as there are two different ways to display the top floor. I put the two side by side so both display options can be seen.

Enjoy the build!

@ Off the wall:

Thanks mate,,,, ohhh I never new the creator of this set has passed away ( God Bless Him )..sad to hear.

Well,..it is a great set and u did a great thing when bought 2 sets...these are costly like hell now...I did spend a lot..huuuuh...but I think it worth...

I see too you can rotate the blocks which makes a different look which is nice...

This will be a nice build...cheers

...these are costly like hell now...I did spend a lot..huuuuh...but I think it worth...

Oh, how well I know. Bought them both in the past year. :-)

We missed this one as well, and decided to "bricklink" it together as opposed to buying it on eBay for 1000-odd Euros.

Except for the white balcony tubes, we managed to get all parts (almost all new) for less than 200 Euros.

Even got the cabbage head hair!

Took a while, though :grin:

Edited by Withacee

We missed this one as well, and decided to "bricklink" it together as opposed to buying it on eBay for 1000-odd Euros.

Except for the white balcony tubes, we managed to get all parts (almost all new) for less than 200 Euros.

Even got the cabbage head hair!

Took a while, though :grin:

heheh,,,true,,,,Brick-Linking with used and new parts will be at good price,,,Well, i hate waiting to gather all these parts,,so getting a new set is an awesome too! ;)

You are one rich @/$$:$;!;?.$. If you just bought those sets just recently

Congrats, keep us mortals envious!

You are one rich @/$$:$;!;?.$. If you just bought those sets just recently

Congrats, keep us mortals envious!

Could Be ;)

Looks like i have a problem uploading photos!!!...i am using a photobucket. Anyone knows other than that to upload?

OK..managed to open a new Yahoo account and sign-up in flicker,,,,

Here is the first step of the progress ( The Marker area ):

14702112455_c04b6f9e2a_m.jpg

14515439020_716cb44624_m.jpg

14515445020_bcfe95a2f5_m.jpg

14679101696_6eb1667258_m.jpg

-Cons:

*It is a nice look but so empty from back and sides,,Just wished if it is having more of these Veg. & Fruit baskets but since this is 2007 release so no blame :)

-Pros:

*Very nice gate, outlets details and design.

-Second Step ( 1st Floor ):

14515442218_8b426bfdb5_m.jpg

-Pros:

* Nice Entrance details.

-Cons:

* Empty interior

2nd Floor:

14515656050_923773b6bf_c.jpg

Remarks:

-Simple with Nice details

3rd Floor:

14699126471_d850757e79_c.jpg

Remarks:

-Well, building 2nd and 3rd floor are almost the same which i felt little boring, But a very nice Bricks sequence :)

The 4th Floor/Roof:

14722163763_e1035f512f_c.jpg

14702293915_6c020fe87a_c.jpg

Remarks:

- Nice building experience and a very cool design...The Balcony is the best !

Edited by VintageLegoEra

What's interesting on the second floor is how the blue/white awning pieces don't line up. The three on the left are slightly off from the two on the right. One of those quirky design features that you wouldn't see in a more recent modular designed by TLG employees. Not saying it's good or bad, just saying it is what it is.

And,,,there it is: Awesome Modular when all these floor are attached...

14699040471_006885b25c_b.jpg

14722153473_f78bb563b6_b.jpg

14701986782_574b541cce_b.jpg

14515626768_5d8b3a388f_c.jpg

Overall Remarks:

- The set is definitely great and will will add a great look when attached to other Modular.

- I love the Color Scheme. Very Elegant.

- A must Set for any Modular Fan

- And the most Important thing is: it have many unique discontinued parts that could not be found now by Lego ( rare )...I was so interested when i went through these parts as i took moment to look at them and look cool! ;)

Thanks for watching and next is: Green Grocer, Stay Tuned!

Regards

FIN

What's interesting on the second floor is how the blue/white awning pieces don't line up. The three on the left are slightly off from the two on the right. One of those quirky design features that you wouldn't see in a more recent modular designed by TLG employees. Not saying it's good or bad, just saying it is what it is.

Another good Point..indeed,but in My Point Of View, when all the floors are attached, then the colors are great. Looking at the floor separately, then yes..it is weird,but..looooool as a collector and to complete the full 9 modular this ( whether good or bad ) must be there....;)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Another good Point..indeed,but in My Point Of View, when all the floors are attached, then the colors are great. Looking at the floor separately, then yes..it is weird,but..looooool as a collector and to complete the full 9 modular this ( whether good or bad ) must be there....;)

Yep, and if I didn't agree with you, I wouldn't have had to explain to my wife the ebay purchases for for two of these.

Yep, and if I didn't agree with you, I wouldn't have had to explain to my wife the ebay purchases for for two of these.

Looool...hard time ;-)

Well, Market Street was one of the first three we missed, and it was our least favourite building before we built it.

(Yes, WE, because I am in the very lucky circumstance that my wife is a fanatic AFOL as well! It's heaven, I tell you... In sickness, in health, and in Lego crises... :classic: ) Both of us are jumping up and down like kids in a candy store whenever a new bricklink delivery arrives. Literally! But I digress...

We bricklinked this one together, and enjoyed it very much in the end. We basically did it to complete the modular series.

It's a very nice building, considering its age.

Edited by Withacee

Thanks for the review. I have no interest in this set. I just don't think it fits with the rest of the theme. And I'm sure that is solely based on that it wasn't officially created by LEGO. Plus it being under the Factory title, I don't count it :tongue: .

I think medium blue was a good color choice at the time, but since then I've fallen in love with the sand blue color and they don't look good near each other.

I really like the market area, but it is blah internally. I really only like the owl and rope decoration area. I still don't understand what is going on with the sidewalk there.

In my eyes, there are too many windows on the front. And they all look the same. Maybe if there was some variety it might look better.

There is just something I can't put my finger on, but I'm glad you are happy about owning it.

Thanks for the review. I have no interest in this set. I just don't think it fits with the rest of the theme. And I'm sure that is solely based on that it wasn't officially created by LEGO. Plus it being under the Factory title, I don't count it :tongue: .

I think medium blue was a good color choice at the time, but since then I've fallen in love with the sand blue color and they don't look good near each other.

I really like the market area, but it is blah internally. I really only like the owl and rope decoration area. I still don't understand what is going on with the sidewalk there.

In my eyes, there are too many windows on the front. And they all look the same. Maybe if there was some variety it might look better.

There is just something I can't put my finger on, but I'm glad you are happy about owning it.

I do agree in what you say, but we (Collectors) must have the complete set..:-)

Yes...there is a big difference in building this compared to ome from LEGO.

Well, Market Street was one of the first three we missed, and it was our least favourite building before we built it.

(Yes, WE, because I am in the very lucky circumstance that my wife is a fanatic AFOL as well! It's heaven, I tell you... In sickness, in health, and in Lego crises... :classic: ) Both of us are jumping up and down like kids in a candy store whenever a new bricklink delivery arrives. Literally! But I digress...

We bricklinked this one together, and enjoyed it very much in the end. We basically did it to complete the modular series.

It's a very nice building, considering its age.

Glad you cought it up with bricklink parts...

I have to agree with this sentiment. Part of me really wanted to get all 10 modulars. I currently have 7. However, seeing as this will run me approximately $700, I may need to skip it. It does not feel quiet right as you say. I am not sure what is off about it, but it feels off. Especially next to the other modulars. Maybe it's because I have never seen something that looks like this anywhere.

For me, this is one of those things where I am more picky and judgmental on something because of the cost. At $150-$160, I would give it a chance. At $700, I look at all the other Lego stuff me and my son can enjoy first before this.