Sign in to follow this  
JaseTJ

[SONE Ep. 4] Sector C: Protection Detail

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Empire's communications center on Sullust, located conveniently just beneath a lava field. Fun for maintenance.

13893181596_0755a07f0b_c.jpg

Gunna check on the arrays, bringin' the good 'ol astromech. (Just don't ask how he got up the ladder).

13916706684_35b98019de_c.jpg

Back to watching the equipment... Open the hatch!

13916311503_0c41e39f1f_c.jpg

"What's going on?"

13916244793_c9458949f0_c.jpg

"We're here to guard the Comms Center. Keep working; we'll protect you."

13893096572_23da1a03ba_c.jpg

And some detail shots:

Wall greebles! A cable runs from the controls to the server room on the other side of the wall, where data is sent to the arrays above and throughout the rest of the station. As for the piping, it's probably water... Or sewage... He tries not to think about it.

13916654614_e18b7746ac_c.jpg

An overview of the cut-away roof.

13893120621_390e921281_c.jpg

And lastly, a better look at the antennae/satellite dish arrays.

13893149772_fc503d76f6_c.jpg

This is a really nice build with the sewage, greebling, and I really like that control panel, but it’s no wonder the Empire keeps losing when they’re using salvaged house antennas from 1950’s Earth.

I don't own or build much Star Wars. My main Lego theme is Superheroes :P

It's good man. I love it and that antenna kicks @ss! My only suggestion would be to add a TV to that control panel with The Ed Sullivan Show on it. :P

It's good man. I love it and that antenna kicks @ss! My only suggestion would be to add a TV to that control panel with The Ed Sullivan Show on it. :P

Oh yeah, that would really make it! Anyway, it's another build for the Empire, which is GOOD! I never thought of using cheese slopes as lava, it is really effective! :thumbup:

Unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to build it on a smaller baseplate- I don't know that it would have fit anyways- and I don't have enough grey bricks to do a SNOT floor or tile it.

That antenna is definetly something new in the Star Wars universe :laugh: , but still good looking, like the rest of your build.

What surprises me most, is that this build gets away with using BURPs perfectly. Somehow, they fit in well, although topping those holed studs with plates/cheese slopes would've been better. At the top, it's a bit disturbing that the lava is in such a tidy pool... keeping it in with other lava that is fixed on the roof, or less geometric rocks would be better. Still, the lava is pretty great. Long live PaB! Untill you take the roof of an a dozen of them fall into your base I guess...

The communication equipment is great, although it equiping the antenna with some kind of ladder or a console wouldn't be a bad idea, because now I don't have a clue how to maintain it. Or maybe it's about the hatch at the base of those pillars? Anyway, the room beneath it is very nice. The control pannel is as it should be, and with such a view through the window it's really distinct. Those railings help a lot too. And those greebles! You did really well there, and I've never seen something quite like it. I imagine it to be some kind of cooling equipment with all that lava above. The rest of the room is rather empty though, and it's a bit distracting to see all the different plates so clearly.

Anyway, congratulations on the removable roof and that nice little hatch. Is there really a ladder beneath it?

Nice job on this build. I like the communications tower and the pipes inside. Good MOC!

Beaver-with repulsorlifts, who needs ladders?

I didn't include it because the hall is so thin and it's a poor picture, but-

13893078381_5e91dd6738_c.jpg

-Yes.

As for maintaining the equipment, I kindof thought the same myself, but I was already taking the pictures and didn't really have time to bother with adding a console. I almost added a picture of the guy climbing the tower, though :P

Concerning the rest: I used all of my trans orange cheesers, and most of my small brown bricks/plates/slopes. Otherwise I would have considered locking the lava in with more cheese slopes, or at the least changing up the brown a bit more.

Thanks for all of the compliments, though!

EDIT: I dunno if you can see in this last picture, but I actually have the ladder in a small room comprised of 4 of those angled tower pieces... And I just now noticed I missed a cheese slope that fell in there :P -But yeah, I build the whole base, then the roof, then the rock wall, and finished by detailing the inside (which as you said was a bit bare even in the end) and putting the rest of the brown and orange on top.

Edited by JaseTJ

I really like the story in this build - kind of "a day in the life". As to the actual build, I think the area around the hatch is my favourite , and I'm sorry but I can't really say why, I just like it! :sweet:

Edited by Kaitan

I like the lift-up separation to see the interior.

And the green cheese-slope, could be sulphur

Perhaps trying using snot technique to reduce the studs on the floor.

Great job !