Gamonal Battle. Burgos Spain, November 1808

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic  – Started by Gobernador , Jul 04 2013 11:39 PM

#1 Gobernador

Gobernador

Member: 5098

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

235D
This diorama made by Pucelabricks and me,  is a part from L-Evolucion Diorama, make by ALE! in the Human Evolution Museum in Burgos, Spain.
You can see L-Evolucion until January. If you will  pass near Burgos, I recommend so much to visit the city and the museum, where you can see the Homo Antecessor and other important fossils.

The diorama represent the battle of Gamonal, in november 1808. Napoleon came to Spain to control the imperial army, and when he arrived in Burgos, a very young spanish officer commanded a small and very bad prepared army against him. Spanish army was defeated and Imperial army plundered the city, all the city except the cathedral. They burned houses and farms and steal  everything who can be useful.

After that, Napoleon continued his way to Madrid and his brother Jose Bonaparte stayed in Burgos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you want to see more from L-Evolution visit www.alebricks.com or https://www.facebook...29524572&type=1

Go to Classic-Pirates.com

#2 ManInATopHat

ManInATopHat

Member: 39467

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Nice, I like the soldiers. :wink:

Posted Image

Tally Ho Lads! Onwards!

The top hat sporting, lightsaber wielding redcoat.

#3 Redshanks

Redshanks

Member: 66661

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

I like it. It feels like a moving, active scene, especially with the soldiers cooking and stuff on the sides...great work!

#4 Purpearljellyblob

Purpearljellyblob
  • Croaking/singing Redcoat Frog, aka Julia

Member: 33180

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

Nice assortment of soldiers and love the whole setup as well :thumbup: :thumbup:. Very creative to use ice cream pieces as smothering smoke! :wink:

Posted Image

Heroica RPG: Purpearl Berthadhiell 180 yrs old elf mage

Mafia: - Brian Johnson - The PGO - Prudence Jellison - Laurence Adams - Priscilla Jenkins

I Heroica Stats I

#5 Grimmbeard

Grimmbeard
  • Oh me, oh my! Love that Redcoat Pie!

Member: 30768

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

Nice scene! :thumbup: There's not enough of these battlefield dioramas.

Well built and displayed. :classic:
--Grimmbeard
You've fallen for one of the classic Blunders! the most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this, Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!!!

Flickr | YouTube

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Burgos, L-evolucion, Napoleon, Spain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links