Jump to content


Batman custom: Poison Ivy


9 replies to this topic

#1 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 20-February 12
    Member: 26763
    Country: Canada

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hi all, I've made a purist custom that I'd like to share with you guys.

Poison Ivy is a plant-loving villain of the DC universe. I've always loved interpretations of her where she has green skin, it makes her more plant-like. This minifig isn't based off of any particular version of Ivy, just how I think she should look.

So, here she is!
Posted Image

The head and torso are from the Lady Liberty CMF, the hair is Mia's from Friends (gotta love the Friends hairpieces, but not the bodies) and the legs are sand green with dark red hips.

Thanks for looking! What do you guys think?

Edited by purpleparadox, 04 April 2012 - 10:22 PM.

Posted Image


#2 azuremoon

azuremoon

    Posts: 57
    Joined: 21-February 12
    Member: 26802
    Country: New Zealand!!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

great purist solution! :classic:
*Insert Battle Of Yavin Red Squadron Here*

#3 PaulBaldowski

PaulBaldowski

    Posts: 52
    Joined: 02-April 12
    Member: 27714

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Looks good to me. Your work deserves better lighting and focus! A natural light bulb in a standard desk lamp would probably be enough to give your picture the even, bright lighting it deserves.

#4 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Very clever!  :thumbup:

For "underwear" I'd suggest using a different shade of green, but this way she looks great as well.  :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#5 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 20-February 12
    Member: 26763
    Country: Canada

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

View Postazuremoon, on 03 April 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

great purist solution! :classic:
Thank you!

View PostPaulBaldowski, on 03 April 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Looks good to me. Your work deserves better lighting and focus! A natural light bulb in a standard desk lamp would probably be enough to give your picture the even, bright lighting it deserves.
I agree the lighting's bad. I DO take better pictures sometimes, see my "I wondered whatever happened to the caped crusader" MOC in the licensed forums. Link I'll also retake this picture.

View PostThe Penguin, on 03 April 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

Very clever!  :thumbup:

For "underwear" I'd suggest using a different shade of green, but this way she looks great as well.  :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:
Good idea. I really appreciate you looking at this, because you're my favourite customizer. I'm going to see if I have bright green hips before I retake the photo.

Edited by purpleparadox, 03 April 2012 - 12:54 PM.

Posted Image


#6 Miss Kyle

Miss Kyle

    Posts: 851
    Joined: 10-February 11
    Member: 15926
    Country: UK

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Green Skin! Lovely! :wub:
"We've come a long way from the Prime Minister's exploding cake."

#7 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 20-February 12
    Member: 26763
    Country: Canada

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi all! I re-took the photos, so have another look! (It's still too blurry, but at least the lighting was decent today.)

View PostMiss Kyle, on 03 April 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Green Skin! Lovely! :wub:
Thanks!

Posted Image


#8 jedikermit

jedikermit

  • Muppet Man


    Posts: 445
    Joined: 10-October 07
    Member: 2077
    Country: United States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

I like that a lot.  I haven't bought any of the Friends hairpieces at all yet, but now I'm staring uncomfortably at my Lady Liberty and thinking she might need to come hang out with Batman.

Do the Friends hairpieces fit perfectly on the minifigs, or have a little bit of rattling around room?  I've been away too long.

Anyway. Great idea, simple, elegant.
Check out my CUUSOO Proposals:  Superman's Fortress of Solitude and The Muppets!

#9 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 20-February 12
    Member: 26763
    Country: Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

View Postjedikermit, on 11 April 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

I like that a lot.  I haven't bought any of the Friends hairpieces at all yet, but now I'm staring uncomfortably at my Lady Liberty and thinking she might need to come hang out with Batman.

Do the Friends hairpieces fit perfectly on the minifigs, or have a little bit of rattling around room?  I've been away too long.

Anyway. Great idea, simple, elegant.
Thanks so much! I appreciate that a LOT!

The Friends hairpieces do fit perfectly on a normal minifig. No rattling at all.

The only drawback is they have a (very tiny) hole in the hairpiece so you can put a bow in their hair. But it's not really noticeable, especially if the minifig is being displayed or put in a MOC. You really only notice it when you're examining the hairpiece.

Thanks again!

Posted Image


#10 jedikermit

jedikermit

  • Muppet Man


    Posts: 445
    Joined: 10-October 07
    Member: 2077
    Country: United States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

View Postpurpleparadox, on 11 April 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Thanks so much! I appreciate that a LOT!

The Friends hairpieces do fit perfectly on a normal minifig. No rattling at all.

The only drawback is they have a (very tiny) hole in the hairpiece so you can put a bow in their hair. But it's not really noticeable, especially if the minifig is being displayed or put in a MOC. You really only notice it when you're examining the hairpiece.

Thanks again!

Ah, I don't care about the tiny hole in the hairpiece...wow. I'm actually looking at Friends parts.  Who woulda thought?  :)
Check out my CUUSOO Proposals:  Superman's Fortress of Solitude and The Muppets!



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users