Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

The Bogfloater

indexed.gif

For years many people laughed at the idea of a floating dump truck. "Why would someone want that? The power needed to lift any heavy machinery like that would make it impractical. Wheels are a far better solution."

DSC02656es.jpg

But everything changed when Talrtre 4 was discovered. It was a vast planet that was a virtual gold mine of everything; uranium, rare isotopes, jewels the size of heads, methane, gold... everything was there for the taking. But the problem was that less than 1% of the planet had a surface; the rest was a vast bogland of riches, a bogland that was highly destructive to metals and ceramics.

DSC02657es.jpg

At first people were happy with just sucking up from the side of the small islands on Talrtre 4, but it was soon found that the islands for some reason repelled most of the better resources; a better solution needed. One day a thrill seeker was testing out a new floater-bike and he strayed over the boglands by mistake. Instantly his floater shot up in the air, and he was never seen again. This tragic incident led to some research and it was found that the vapours from the boglands increased the efficiency of most floaters by 500%! Thus the concept of floating refineries was born.

DSC02658es.jpg

It was soon realised that a way for transporting the processed goods to the spaceports was needed, so reluctantly tenders were put out for a floating dump truck. In under a day most truck companies revealed that they had a design ready, but none wanted to discuss why they had one made already.

DSC02660es.jpg

Today Talrtre 4 is covered with thousands of floating dump trucks, colloquially known as Bogfloaters. (Not to be confused with floating bogs...)

DSC02661es.jpg

Boring notes from reality land

I bought 7344 soon after my return to the light... but it didn't take long for me to start regretting it. It doesn't fit into towns at all, so it was shelved fast. Re-building it into a space-dump-truck occurred to me last week. Aside from the black beams at the bottom it only uses parts from the set.

So...

Floater, huh? AKA antigravity...? :tongue:

Good idea, but I think you need to work on the 'floaters'- they looked kinda like they were slapped on. The engine on the back is good, and the wheel rims, but the click hinges need more.

Nice bit of greebling on the engine- really good!

As Mr.Mandalorian said,the greebles are nice. I can't think of anything else.

But what is a troll doing in the bin? Is he mutant who eats gold and jewels?

Boring notes from reality land

I bought 7344 soon after my return to the light... but it didn't take long for me to start regretting it. It doesn't fit into towns at all, so it was shelved fast. Re-building it into a space-dump-truck occurred to me last week. Aside from the black beams at the bottom it only uses parts from the set.

Now I´m very glad I didn´t even consider buying it.

You have propably created the only :hmpf: different use for it besides the main model! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.

The perfect addition to society: A floating dumptruck. It looks nice, but as Mr. Mandalorian said, the "floaters" look sloppy. Nice greebles, though. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your comments.

So...

Floater, huh? AKA antigravity...? :tongue:

:oh3: Not a chance! Those "floaters" are gas turbines; can't you tell? :cry_sad: Why else do you think the efficiency increased in the Boglands? Think man! Think! :wink:

Good idea, but I think you need to work on the 'floaters'- they looked kinda like they were slapped on.

Yes.. remember that aside from the beam exchange this is just built from parts from the set. I might design better engines later, but my short term plans for this is just for background.

But what is a troll doing in the bin? Is he mutant who eats gold and jewels?

He helps with loading. Can't you see him on the refinery? He's called Golp and no one knows where he was from. His race could be Golp, but no one really knows.

You have propably created the only :hmpf: different use for it besides the main model! :thumbup:

I think it could be the case! :laugh: I've never seen another.

Ouch, all that yellow hurts my eyes, or was it the flash? :pir-grin:

Nice work Sinner, i saw the dumper back in the PAB at the event and i wondered if it even was lego... :pir-look:

Hmmmm..............., I don't know wait to say. :sceptic:

Ether it's so smart that it's stupid or so stupid that it's smart. :laugh:

Ouch, all that yellow hurts my eyes, or was it the flash? :pir-grin:

Nice work Sinner, i saw the dumper back in the PAB at the event and i wondered if it even was lego... :pir-look:

:tongue: Nah, it's just the colour; I don't use the flash. I will be revising my photo setup soon...

Hmmmm..............., I don't know wait to say. :sceptic:

Ether it's so smart that it's stupid or so stupid that it's smart. :laugh:

I say neither; it is supposed to be silly. :wink: