Sign in to follow this  
xenologer

Classic Space Scooters

indexed.gif

Made a little collection of space scooters, remade with modern/available bricks.

scooters.jpg

From left to right:

1875 Meteor Monitor

1974 Star Quest

6805 Astro Dasher

1916 Starion Patrol

6803 Space Patrol

What ya think? I'm not too sure how well the Astro Dasher turned out...

When ya get a whole bunch of cute little sets in one pack, it almost seems worth the price.

Theyre about 5$USD each I guess.

Plenty of transparent bits for sure.

LDD Link

A neat idea.... perhaps your Astro Dasher looks indeed a little queer and incomplete, somehow, but the rest looks really well. :classic:

Thanks

I think part of the issue with Astro Dasher, is that on the original I wasnt sure Exactly what all those ?space wings? ?antennas? all over it were mean't to be.

Hence the identity of the new parts with technic connectors was also a little questionable. I guess they may be some kinda thrusters?

What do you think the original model was trying to portray with those parts?

Thanks

I think part of the issue with Astro Dasher, is that on the original I wasnt sure Exactly what all those ?space wings? ?antennas? all over it were mean't to be.

Hence the identity of the new parts with technic connectors was also a little questionable. I guess they may be some kinda thrusters?

What do you think the original model was trying to portray with those parts?

i've always considered those to be wings of some kind, not functional wings, but more like bars to support the construction of the model. Many space designs have these support bars instead full walls or floors to save weight... think it's kinda like that... look at the wings at the back. they have this green light. think in a real space craft you'd have a support bar with a light onto it, instead of a full wing...

and i guess the astronaut is also supposed to use those bars at the side to reach for his seat... never saw these as thrusters or anything. for thrusters they would have needed a 1x1 cone

think it's time for you to go to the next level and do some larger models now :tongue:

astro1.jpg

Welp I think I did the Astro Dasher a little better now.

the lower 'wings' are now thrusters, while the upper ones have the green lights like on the orginal.

Astro Dasher LDD

?larger models? havent ya seen my stuff lying around here...

Edited by xenologer