Sign in to follow this  
legolijntje

LPub3D 2.0 - Big Update

Today, a new major update of LPub3D was released.

I suspect not everyone here is following the LDraw forums, so I figured I'd make a topic here too; it's a big update.

It has some great new features (including a big speed upgrade) and a huge list of bug-fixes and other little improvements.

Quoting Trevor:

You can download this release from sourceforge.net or check for updates in your existing installation.

There is a long list of enhancements and fixes - see change log below - some significant ones are:

- Rendering performance improvement with both LDView and LDGlite

- Callouts are now freely movable on multi-step pages

- All reproducible issues have been corrected - they were quite a few of them from legacy LPub

- Platform upgrade to Qt 5.6 (MSVC 2015) which will position the application for better maintenance and evolutions going forward.

You can read the whole announcement and changelog here or say thanks to Trevor for his great work. :wink:

- Platform upgrade to Qt 5.6 (MSVC 2015) which will position the application for better maintenance and evolutions going forward.

That's sad-sad news. It means newer versions will not run in Wine. Not sure about using this on Mac, but Linux users (like me) are getting stuck on 1.3.5. Here is the reason.

I"d appreciate if someone would pass this message on LDraw forums.