Sign in to follow this  
jtlan

[LDD MoC] 2-axle German passenger car

In the past I haven't posted models I've made in LDD before I build them in brick, but I realized there's no good reason not to. Therefore, here's a model of a two-axle German passenger car:

2axlepassenger.png

This model is "free-built" (compare "freehand") without a fixed diagram as a reference, but is based on this coach:

14_ottenhofen_800px.jpg

This vaguely resembles a Donnerbüchse, but clearly isn't (it's much shorter). If anyone here knows more about the prototype, I'd be glad to hear it.

The model has a removable roof and features a simple interior:

2axlepassengerinterior.png

Again, this wasn't intended to be an accurate model of the prototype, just a simple build that captures the spirit of it.

Apologies for the bump, but I finally got this together in the brick:

img_0947.jpg

img_0948.jpg

I switched from dark green to regular green for convenience (a single dark green 1x3 brick costs over $5!). A fellow LUG member remarked that the model resembles the typical coaches that come with a Märklin starter set...

Are you going to make a fleet of these, or just the one?

Might be fun to just mimic that entire Märklin set...?

Also, which set are you referring to?

Very nice. Looks perfect to run in a garden railway. Is that the PA7 70 license plate from the CMF crash test dummy? :classic:

Are you going to make a fleet of these, or just the one?

Might be fun to just mimic that entire Märklin set...?

Also, which set are you referring to?

Originally I just designed this in LDD because I was inspired while doing research for another MOC. I'm not sure which Märklin set the other LUG member was referring to.

Very nice. Looks perfect to run in a garden railway. Is that the PA7 70 license plate from the CMF crash test dummy? :classic:

It is! I bought a whole bunch of them on Bricklink because I thought it would come in handy.