mediumsnowman

[O - F03] She's back!

Tags: Spaceship

24399342574_c649f255be_b.jpg

Sector F03, onboard the OCS Variate, in orbit over Forring:

24661947629_1669e2d05e_c.jpg

Director Fields: Are you sure he's coming, Bob? In my experience, these Special Forces guys don't have much regard for scheduling.

Bob: He'll be here. He always is. Hasn't missed a week of work since we began our operations in the Andromeda galaxy.

Director Fields: Impressive... most impressive.

24733979510_d5c5ef7498_c.jpg

Jebediah: My apologies for being late. I got hung up with some idiot in IT who couldn't figure out how to transfer my credits from last weeks training exercise.

Bob: Don't worry abou-

Director Fields: *clears his throat* Let's get down to business. Mr. O'Reilly, I am Director Fields and I am the head of Octans Internal Affairs division. Are you familiar with Dr. Danielle Long and Project Icarus?

Jebediah: *thinks for a moment* No... I know Dr. Long, but I've never heard of Project Icarus.

Director Fields: Allow me to enlighten you.

24911519392_15ff9b5936_c.jpg

Director Fields: Several moths ago, she recovered a peculiar device within an ancient facility on Greater Drigo. After her first round of testing was approved, we heard nothing out of her. She didn't submit any lab reports and corporate was left completely in the dark as to the state of Project Icarus. There were rumors that an employee was killed, but nobody could ever prove it. Somehow she managed to disconnect almost all surveillance systems to the ejectable labs on the Axle. The snapshot on the screen is all we were able to get, and its rather puzzling. The board of directors considered cutting her funding, but we decided to instead send a team to the Axle to find out what she was up to and what Project Icarus entailed. When we got there, Dr. Long, the device, and her lab team had vanished, leaving no trace of her activities. Quite frankly, we're pissed. And that's where you come in.

Jebediah: I see. You want to find Dr. Long.

Director Fields: Yes. Here's everything we have on her and Project Icarus. Admittedly its not much. She's covered her tracks and history well.

24911504252_5f7ef38702_c.jpg

Jebediah: Don't worry Director. I'll find her.

25003201866_5b270e0b68_c.jpg

Director Fields: Good luck.

*later, when Jebediah has left*

Director Fields: Do you think this will work?

Bob: I hope so.

24398910594_47bdd89bec_c.jpg

24661914439_20398212a3_c.jpg

25029534195_0d8ebceaef_c.jpg

I'm trying a new facial print for Jebediah. I don't know which one I like better. :look:

Disclaimer: I haven't been in contact with DLL and I have no idea where he is or what happened to him. I just hope he's OK. This story arc should offer some sort of in-universe explanation for his mysterious disappearance. If you have any questions about the story, just ask, it could be a bit confusing if you haven't read all the builds before this. :classic:

C&C welcome.

Edited by mediumsnowman

“...And that's where you come in.“

Ha, made me think of KSP.

I personally like that new head on Jebediah (ha, haven't thought about his name while thinking of KSP)

Anyway, the hammer in the engine was cool. Mjolnir drive :laugh:

great lead up to a story line that could go a long way...good build. I like the newer look as well, I keep changing Mr. Smith's hair and face as well...

Great to see the return of Dr Long, at least in some form. Speaking of, Bob needs to get out from behind that desk and back into the cockpit

Nice build and story. I like the shape of the ship, but I think it could have done with a tiny bit more red and green to make it stand out. Would have liked to see some tiles on the floor of the office, but the furniture is great!

Great to see the return of Dr Long, at least in some form. Speaking of, Bob needs to get out from behind that desk and back into the cockpit

I concur. :wink: it's about time Dr. Long got back to work! I wonder what could have become of her... maybe we'll find out this week...

Swell build, Medium! That ship is really sweet! I love the unique shape of it. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat.