Sign in to follow this  
Still Raindrop

Everyday use for fleshie hands

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find my camera (a true shame, as I have a decent number of MOCs that I want to share), so I'll just have to make this a description without visual aids.

While building a little Mediterranean restaurant, I came across the problem of gloves. Having worked in a restaurant before, I know that latex gloves are a necessity for chefs. So, I put some white gloves on my chef figure, but that just didn't cut it. They looked too much like formalwear gloves. I wondered what I could do to get that latex effect--the distortion/making pale of color, without blocking it out entirely. Then I saw a few fleshie hands I had lying around, and tried those. It might just be me, but I think they give the effect of latex gloves rather splendidly! This could work not only for cooks, but also doctors, and other professions where constant hand sanitation is necessary, but constant handwashing is impractical.

I just left my job at a restaurant where we had to wear gloves whenever we were handling food of any kind. I don't really build City themed MOCs but I can see how the fleshie hands would give that appearance of having gloves on. That's a good idea and I think that a lot of the City builders out there could use the idea in their restaurants.

Yep, some of my family members have used fleshie hands as latex gloves (for medics). Personally I just keep/make up some fleshie minifigs.

Never posted here before so history is now being made! Anyway, I like the idea. I tried it out, and it worked great. And even though you may not have thought up the idea first, you thought up the idea none the less. So I applaude that.

I'm using yoda's green hands for medics, but I'll give a try with the fleshies. Good idea !

Wow, that's a great idea! I'll have to try it! And even if someone else used the idea, but you thought of it on your own, it is still just as original as it was from the first person. After all, you thought of it completely on your own. Great thinking!

-ToF

The only thing I have found to use them for is to swap out the hands on monkeys. The peachies look good on monkeys and it lets me replace the yellow hands on two figs for one monkey. :grin: