Sign in to follow this  
Chas

Let me try this again!

Hello Eurobrick,

My name is Chas, same as the tag. I joined the site a couple of months ago but went home on vacation and never had the chance to introduce myself. I work in govt. contracting and am overseas so building right now is not happening. I am heavily into electronics and build/design my own robots and sensors. I have an 11 year old and wanted to teach him electronics and robotics but couldn't figure out how to keep his attention long enough!? I descovered an non lego product called Snap Circuits for the electronics (lego for electronics geeks :-) ). My problem now is getting him to build robots without the sodering and board building. Then I descovered mindstorms! Bought him a set in LEGO Land (read meca) and I... I mean he was hooked on the Mindstorms!! I now own two mindstorms sets (both bought in LegoLand in CA) and two education sets and lots and lots of parts. My son loves legos so I have been building Star Wars sets, Bionicles, Indiana Jones Sets, City sets and the like for about 6 years now. He is also into the castle kits as well. He is old enough now where he builds his own sets and we have robot wars when I am home!!!

A little about me now:

Hobbies: I am into electronics and robotics as a hobby. I also build and fly model aircraft. Flying.

Older adult fan of lego, first set: Too long ago to remember!!

Current sets: Counting the ones my kids own, too may to list!!

Current projects: Converting Brunojj1's tiger to mindstorms with a redesign on the suspension to be more accurate. Learning to use LMCad so i can do better instructions.

Line following/maze solving platforms for the mindstorms programmed in NXC. Autonomus vehicle with independent suspension/transmission/rack and pinion steering and differential drive (have to teach the boy mechanics as well)

What i'm good/helpful with: LDD, programming (computer science degree)

As i stated in my first hello, I am currently overseas and don't have access to my bricks but I do own a computer and do most of my design on LDD and MLCad. I am amazed at some of the stuff i see on these threads and complement your artists on their creations. I am nowhere as talented as some of your members but will contribute where I can.

V/R

Chas