Sign in to follow this  
Woofi

Modular Ski Store WIP

Hey all,

Here is my first attempt at a modular MOC. It is designed to be a ski shop which I am still working on.

Would appreciate people;s thoughts so far and suggestions.

28681664860_fc35be1e20_n.jpg

28890877331_9c2f636f73_n.jpg

28935137056_e4e98b5baa_n.jpg

28681696690_fbd3864b82_n.jpg

28351031873_960bfbc6b6_n.jpg

28348430484_cbdd37c52f_n.jpg

28348439174_47c3af9d3b_n.jpg

28967272185_cc0e5d37a8_n.jpg

Edited by Woofi

I like it. I would consider having the awning be a color that contrasts like a dark green. Most modulars awnings are a different color scheme to pop. Take alook at the past offical LEGO modulars. Nice Job!

Very nice--it captures the same feel of some of the ski stores I've seen in Breckenridge. I particularly like the way you did the door/entryway.

Edited by Tea Weevil

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I have bought some different colours for the awning so will give them a try when I get them.

Also still waiting on some more plates from bricklink before I do the next level.

Then at the end I will do the interior. Been buying the different types of skis, snowboards, hats and bars for items to put in the store.

I can honestly say building my collection through this process hasn't been cheap, but hopefully at the end I will have enough parts for a wide range of modular MOC'S.

Colours work really well - the dark red is one of my favourites! Definitely worth trying that suggestion for the dark green awning.

Brick on!

This is really solid for a first attempt at a modular MOC ( you should have seen mine! :grin:). One suggestion I have is obfuscating the 'ski' somehow. I understand the struggle in not having enough dark grey tiles, but in the other two examples of writing on the sidewalk of a modular, they are covered up by cafe seating. As it stands, the text takes away from the building by ruining the immersion. Personally, I'd recommend turning the tiling into a sign and possibly doing some sort of simple pattern on the sidewalk instead.