Ckubrick2

Imperial Flagship 10210 door problem..

Hi all!

Recently purchased and assemble the Imperial Flagship! Incredible and love it. One thing is, the doors to the stern castle only open partway, weird. Has anyone other owners of this magnificent ship been able to do a small mod to overcome this? Would love to know. Thanks!

Hi all!

Recently purchased and assemble the Imperial Flagship! Incredible and love it. One thing is, the doors to the stern castle only open partway, weird. Has anyone other owners of this magnificent ship been able to do a small mod to overcome this? Would love to know. Thanks!

I am surprised that you didnt encounted the dreaded collapsing front hull as yet.

I am surprised that you didnt encounted the dreaded collapsing front hull as yet.

This is super easy to fix. Some reviewer over at brickset had the solution and i have seen it work.

Haha not yet! Seems sturdy enough for now..

Good advice, thanks! Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4778ojywlx6hm4f/IMG_0911.jpg?dl=0

As you can see the doors open halfway only. Seems odd, I kinda wish they would open all the way.

Thanks for the photo...it appears to be either it is like this opening half way or you built the stairs in front of the door little close to the entrance.

This is how i can analysis the issue as i still didnt built mine....

Maybe those who built the ship can be off great help but i would advise you also to check reviews on YouTube :-). Best way to figure out

Cheers

Hi all!

The doors were in fact designed this way sadly, and when I did my own modifications I was unable to find an easy solution to this (if I recall correctly, the only decent options being to redesign the deck access hatch entirely, or to reverse the doors opening direction, neither of which I was willing/ able to do).

However if you do run in to the exploding bow problem, I have reinforced my own with little to no visual change and would be happy to share the details (though it may take a bit of time :P). Since making the changes I can carry the ship any way I like without problems.

If you come up with any ideas/ mods, be sure to let us know though!

-Valgor