Sign in to follow this  
_Samibotss_

Nexo Knight's Castle-ish themes?

Hello EB Users,

I'm a Huge fan of castle. When I was a Kid, one of my fav. themes apart from Star Wars was Castle. Seeing that there is going to be a new Castle theme, I saw the name and thought it was fine...

But then, I saw the sets and they were kinda of weird. I was surprised LEGO Thought of that, I was expecting a "Real" Castle sets like in 2009 and 1998...

When I saw Images of the set, I immediately thought of Mars Mission, My Favourite LEGO theme ever...

My question is, Is there some Castle-ish Nexo Knights set= with less futuristic and more classic elements? I personally think Knightron Battle Blaster and Choas Catapult look good...

Really? Don't you think we haven't got enough of the NK threads allready? :hmpf_bad: Just ask this in the main NK discussion thread!

Nexo Knights is interesting because like the first year of Ninjago, there's a sort of nature/mysticism vs. technology theme, but UNlike that, the "good guys" represent technology/progress while the villains represent a darker, more arcane sort of magic. Most of the Lava Monsters would fit in fine with a more traditional fantasy aesthetic, including the larger brick-built ones like Sparkks or Infernox. Those sorts of villain-focused sets may not represent traditional castles but they'd probably be great for augmenting your collection.

Besides that, there aren't a lot of SETS that would fit in perfectly, but partswise, there's still plenty to choose from. The new 1x1 pyramid slope appears in Warm Gold and Silver Metallic in several of the sets, and the new pentagonal 2x3 shield tile appears undecorated in several sets in colors such as Bright Blue, Black, and Silver Metallic. And keep in mind that even parts that aren't traditional "castle" parts can find use in Castle MOCs—tread links like in the Fortrex can add great detail to a circular stone tower, for example. "NPU" (nice parts usage) isn't just for Space builders, and using atypical parts in new ways is a great way to make your models stand out.

My question is, Is there some Castle-ish Nexo Knights set= with less futuristic and more classic elements? I personally think Knightron Battle Blaster and Choas Catapult look good...

Sadly, the answer is no, but your mileage may vary.

It seems you already like some of what you are seeing, so you may feel differently.

Nexo Knights is interesting because like the first year of Ninjago, there's a sort of nature/mysticism vs. technology theme, but UNlike that, the "good guys" represent technology/progress while the villains represent a darker, more arcane sort of magic. Most of the Lava Monsters would fit in fine with a more traditional fantasy aesthetic, including the larger brick-built ones like Sparkks or Infernox. Those sorts of villain-focused sets may not represent traditional castles but they'd probably be great for augmenting your collection.

Besides that, there aren't a lot of SETS that would fit in perfectly, but partswise, there's still plenty to choose from. The new 1x1 pyramid slope appears in Warm Gold and Silver Metallic in several of the sets, and the new pentagonal 2x3 shield tile appears undecorated in several sets in colors such as Bright Blue, Black, and Silver Metallic. And keep in mind that even parts that aren't traditional "castle" parts can find use in Castle MOCs—tread links like in the Fortrex can add great detail to a circular stone tower, for example. "NPU" (nice parts usage) isn't just for Space builders, and using atypical parts in new ways is a great way to make your models stand out.

Lyichir makes good points. You should listen to what he says here.

The people that dislike Nexo Knights would tell you that there's nothing of value in these sets, but as you say, the smaller ones, and other sets such as Infernox Captures the Queen and Jestro's Evil Mobile are great for Castle builders.

While the good guys lean towards the Sci-Fi side, the bad guys fit right in as another Castle 2007 (You called it 2009) faction. All of the Lava monsters are useful as regular fantasy creatures, and their vehicles can be used to building terrain.

There's a lot to like in this theme if you get to know it.

Lyichir makes good points. You should listen to what he says here.

The people that dislike Nexo Knights would tell you that there's nothing of value in these sets, but as you say, the smaller ones, and other sets such as Infernox Captures the Queen and Jestro's Evil Mobile are great for Castle builders.

While the good guys lean towards the Sci-Fi side, the bad guys fit right in as another Castle 2007 (You called it 2009) faction. All of the Lava monsters are useful as regular fantasy creatures, and their vehicles can be used to building terrain.

There's a lot to like in this theme if you get to know it.

I guess so, I'll be buying some sets anyways...

Nope.

Closest thing you have is Jestro's giant chair, or the Fotex, without it's tank wheels.

Wait until the technodrome (graduation area) set is released. That's gonna look nice... Or the actual castle...

This is a Mish-Mash Action Theme like Ninjago, While the Bad guys would fit right in with Fantasy Castle, the Good Guys are mostly Sci-Fi with some Castle influence, I myself like both this theme and Classic Castle, and if your looking for more Classic Castle parts, I would go with Angry Birds Castle.