Sign in to follow this  
Wardancer

Consequences of the Brexit for buying Lego

This is not about your or my political views!

What does the Brexit mean for AFOLs financially?

Will Britain not be listed in the Bricklink "sellers located in the EU" tab?

Will shipping costs rise?

Will shipping take longer?

How about custom fees? (customs as in at the border, not as in customization)

Can I still order at amazon.co.uk ?

I would expect the shipping costs to rise, though not by much. Amazon.co.uk = Amazon UK, not part of the EU as far as I know...

I guess currently we pay VAT on Lego sets if you buy them in the UK and Lego in the UK is already quite expensive relative to the USA (10p / piece roughly is more expensive than 10 cents per piece) so its already sort of a raw deal. I don't fully understand what will happen (does anyone?), but if a new trade deal is reached with the EU there could be some sort of tarrif on "luxury" imports, which I assume that Lego could be considered as. The cost would probably increase then. Its all very speculative though and I myself am confused if Lego sets made in say China would be subject to different tariffs than those made in Denmark or wherever in the EU. For the next two years at least nothing should change with regards to regulation, but economic uncertainties and potential recession as a result of Brexit might make your £££s worth less in a global setting.

Well as of now in the U.S. I cannot buy any lego as it says it does not ship to the U.S. so I am assuming for now you cannot purchase lego for the UK but this may just be due to the dip in pound to U.S. dollar conversion rates.

-RailCo

I think the Brexit Will have many financial consequences, not Just for the Uk. But nobody knows for sure and they still need to formulate the terms of the exit. Perhaps some things might not change at all. I'd wait it out if I were you, I don't think anything has changed yet.

Britain is still technically in the EU since Article 50 hasn't been triggered yet. But when it happens, I would imagine that shipping becomes more complicated. However, the main impact is that the Pound has fallen in value, so buying sets from outside the UK will cost you more £s.

I bought the VW beetle in the Gateshead Metrocentre Lego shop. Because of the exchange rate at the moment it was cheaper than ordering it from the German Lego shop at home. Normally Lego in the UK was always more expensive than Germany.

Sign in to follow this