Sign in to follow this  
Logan McOwen

How do you store your Bionicle figures?

When I moved on to primarily CCBS-based MOCing in 2015, I sold the vast majority of my G1 parts, only keeping my masks, some select armour and weapon pieces and a few of my favourite G1 sets. Since then however, I've started collecting more of my favourite G1 sets to keep - a few which I previously owned before the 2015 purge, and a few I've never had before. I've even started collecting Slizers sets, hoping to eventually end up having the entire set.

Currently, the vast majority of my G1 collection is in pieces. Each set bagged up individually and archived in a big white box, so I can build them again at a later date for display. Four Roboriders, three Slizers and my Exo Toa however are stored - again, in pieces - in their original packaging. Currently, only Roodaka, Millenia Slizer and three other Slizers stand built on my shelf, as these are the most recent additions to my collection and I want to have them out on display for a bit before I go ahead and archive them.

I mostly do this archiving business as I don't have much spare space in my room - my one shelving unit is already dominated by MOCs and books, and every other surface in my room either has storage or electronics on it. I could put up more shelves on the wall to the side of my bed, but they'd likely cover the entire wall and make things look messy. Maybe I'll be able to have all of my sets out on display when I move out on my own?

So anyway, how do you store your Bionicle figures? Do you archive them like me? Are they all jumbled up in one parts bin? Or are you lucky enough to have them all out on display?

EDIT: Apologies if this has been asked lots and lots before. Hey, I guess this is better than necroing an old thread, right?

I definitely follow a similar method to you. I disassemble my sets and store them in zipped plastic bags, and my loose G1 parts (of which there are many thanks to me getting a ton of 2008/2009 sets) are all sorted by color tucked away in bags as well. Speaking of which- how did you sell off yours?

I actually need help with my G1 Bionicle sets, as I have them all in pieces in a big box mixed together. Do you have any idea how to find the pieces for each set? I want to build them! :iamded_lol:

Do you remember what sets you've got? If so, use Bricklink to find the inventories for each set and gather their pieces, one set at a time.

All of my old sets are in pieces and in big boxes.

Everything G2 is assembled besides couple of duplicates. New set wave "groups" have their own shelf but after a while I put the wave together on same shelf.

If you already didn't get it I like wasting space and thus also put the sets' boxes behind them.

I try and store them assembled. If I don't have room I partially disassemble the G1 canister sets and place them back in their original can. I have a photo of my main Bionicle display here on Brickshelf; they're not sized to Eurobricks standards so I'll just have to leave the link:

Here is the old VHS storage unit that now houses a lot of my Bionicle sets:

http://www.brickshel...7_080523465.jpg

Here is "Canary Row" the pile of canisters that store parts and disassembled sets, I need to clean it up a bit:

http://www.brickshel...7_080552797.jpg

Canary Row is underneath all this; you can see the box for Ekimu and Kulta in the corner:

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=6359143

Some of the assembled sets are also kept on the bottom shelves here; can you see Fenrahk, Hordika Nuju, and Matoro Inika hidden in there? Or even better can you see the Galidor figures hidden in the shadows?:

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=6359137

Some of my G2 sets are kept at my college dorm room. I just took a picture, sorry its blurry as crap but it should show the set up well enough:

img_4581.jpg

Edited by xboxtravis7992

In pieces, mostly. Sorted by piece type for ease of MOC-ing. I have some G1 and G2 figs I really like (and have duplicates of) on shelves.

Heh, I'm kind of doing the opposite to what you did early on, I'm actually in the process of getting rid of a lot of my HF collection, but in favor of rebuilding my G1 collection, which is mostly in organized bins in my closet(armor/masks in one, legs arms in another, etc.) Complete figures I keep on two different shelves, along with other action figures.

I just took my HF guys apart into a bin, and took apart Kopaka15 and PoF. My actual figures are stuffed under my bed. My mocs are lying around, waiting for fame.

When I moved on to primarily CCBS-based MOCing in 2015, I sold the vast majority of my G1 parts, only keeping my masks, some select armour and weapon pieces and a few of my favourite G1 sets. Since then however, I've started collecting more of my favourite G1 sets to keep - a few which I previously owned before the 2015 purge, and a few I've never had before. I've even started collecting Slizers sets, hoping to eventually end up having the entire set.

Currently, the vast majority of my G1 collection is in pieces. Each set bagged up individually and archived in a big white box, so I can build them again at a later date for display. Four Roboriders, three Slizers and my Exo Toa however are stored - again, in pieces - in their original packaging. Currently, only Roodaka, Millenia Slizer and three other Slizers stand built on my shelf, as these are the most recent additions to my collection and I want to have them out on display for a bit before I go ahead and archive them.

I mostly do this archiving business as I don't have much spare space in my room - my one shelving unit is already dominated by MOCs and books, and every other surface in my room either has storage or electronics on it. I could put up more shelves on the wall to the side of my bed, but they'd likely cover the entire wall and make things look messy. Maybe I'll be able to have all of my sets out on display when I move out on my own?

So anyway, how do you store your Bionicle figures? Do you archive them like me? Are they all jumbled up in one parts bin? Or are you lucky enough to have them all out on display?

EDIT: Apologies if this has been asked lots and lots before. Hey, I guess this is better than necroing an old thread, right?

Good question, I personally do something similar to you. Most of the sets I have are bagged by separately, exceptions being G2 sets like protectors and their respective Toa, and I just have them in a box or drawer. Only the ones I feel like taking out and displaying every day are displayed...that changes often..I should probably stop building then deconstructing them as much as I do...

Edited by lambda_cla3391